english macks

There is another Mack thread where Dean put some articles .viewtopic.php?f=35&t=127603&hilit=Mack+trucks

Here’s one from the fifties, when Mack were trying to get into the UK market using local content. The 4x4 uses a variation of the Commer-style cab produced by (I think) Airflow Streamlines Ltd.

And another using the Bedford A Type cab

When I was a young lad in Barking Essex ( circa !952 / 53 ) Mack had a depot near North Street. They also had a storage yard full of axles plus much more at Highbridge Road Barking. There was an all wheel drive Mack which was a snow plough
and was sign written with Aberdeen Council on the side.

hi all,
i remember as a kid seeing my first american truck,it was a spanish mack f700,ran by olloquigui i think…
ever since then ive held a soft spot for them…
i know they can appear ugly to some. but they do have character…
during this time they seemed to become popular with some uk hauliers, so if anyone has pics of uk registered macks,old or new,
post them please, i propose a new thread for old uk macks,lol…

Originally posted on another thread,but how’s this for starters?

:arrow_right:

:arrow_right:
Doh :exclamation:

I was confused

Back in 76 a guy from I think Bolton used to come into AP Banbury with a Detriot powered Bedford Km, some weeks later he came in a F700 Mack and let me have a play round the yard in it, Can’t remember the name of the Company, they could even have been called Bolton’s, the were Red and White anyone remember them.

lespaul1765:
hi all,
i remember as a kid seeing my first american truck,it was a spanish mack f700,ran by olloquigui i think…
during this time they seemed to become popular with some uk hauliers, so if anyone has pics of uk registered macks,old or new,

It may have been Olloquigui but more likely Pereco (not sure of spelling) based in Bilbao area. They had a fleet of Macks

Both Oloquiqui and Lopez ran Macks.

Mr MJM:

lespaul1765:
hi all,

It may have been Olloquigui but more likely Pereco (not sure of spelling) based in Bilbao area. They had a fleet of Macks[/quote Remember Olloquigui loading Perkins Engines in Peterborough with bonnetted Mack with offset cab.

gb1:

Mr MJM:

lespaul1765:
hi all,

It may have been Olloquigui but more likely Pereco (not sure of spelling) based in Bilbao area. They had a fleet of Macks
[/quote Remember Olloquigui loading Perkins Engines in Peterborough with bonnetted Mack with offset cab.

yeah, i remember a bonneted mack of theirs once,i used to live in poole, right by the docks,so i used to see their stuff all the time,i had lots of pics… bust lost them all a while ago…

There was a firm in Somerset that ran several Mack’s in the early 90’s on quarry work I think, can’t remember the name but they were featured in one of the trucking magazines around that time

PR Maggs from near Midsomer norton had at least one Mack cabover in the nineties.
Walls recovery from Newport had two Macks, a cabover with a crane and underlift and a bonneted one with Holmes twin boom.

hi mencanhic 77
i was the driver on paul maggs back in the nineties who drove the mack, do you or any one else on here have any pictures of her or the write up of her in truck&driver, the year would have been 1992.
i would be very intrested if any one had any pics or information on her now , as i know she was sold a couple of years ago…

The paul Maggs mack was used for a Commercial Motor road test I think as well.Didn’t it have the 360bhp engine and the 9 speed box :question:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I worked for HGBrown in the 70’s and we had 1 Mack then and later on they bought several more, mainly due to the fact that John (Son of Pentus) was american mad , he went down to Southampton to collect the first one off the boat from the states.I remember when John got back to Leighton Buzzard hecalled me over and wanted me to look in the ashtray where there was an enormous cigar ■■■■.