Anyone know about this truck?

I snapped this truck on the M1 southbound the other day. It was hauling another truck on its back which I think was also American although I can’t remember the make now sadly. Is this a British haulier and does anyone know who it is and what it might have been transporting?

Well a Mack is very distinctive apart from the badge! :smiley: I can’t say whether it is a 600 or a 700, but I’m sure someone else will know.

I don’t know the exact model of Mack but it is well known on the show scene - here it is on the Cheshire run

It looks like a “R” type similar to the ones in the films Convoy and Mad Max I think

Thanks! And also great pic Fryske. Just wish I’d got a pic of the truck it was carrying. :slight_smile:

Back in the 1970’s a company called " The Iran Container Company " use to run these Mack’s.
Use to see them im northern Italy and running up through Germany and Holland.They never had a sleeper section though.

CrashBox:
Back in the 1970’s a company called " The Iran Container Company " use to run these Mack’s.
Use to see them im northern Italy and running up through Germany and Holland.They never had a sleeper section though.

Yeah, used to see them when on the middle east run in the '70’s when they were on the way back home to Iran.

Redmist39:
I snapped this truck on the M1 southbound the other day. It was hauling another truck on its back which I think was also American although I can’t remember the make now sadly. Is this a British haulier and does anyone know who it is and what it might have been transporting?

Hi,
That mack is owned by a mate of mine called Paul leek,from the Coventry area.i dare say she was pulling a step frame with a grey and black kW cab over on it when you saw him?
Regards Andrew.

Paul Leeks truck also has a kenworth cabover, owns a commercial garage in telford,

I’m sure you will find that it is a 1977 Mack R.611ST. Hope this helps…Great looking truck though…

If you would like to know what it was like to drive one of these, that’s what my new book is all about.

Should you buy it direct from me at jazzandy@btinternet.com, I’ll even sign it for you!!!