Elf n Safety

Franglais:

ChrisArbon:

Freight Dog:

Sumsmeister:
I can’t wait for someone to apply HS rules to War!!

Don’t forget your hi viz when on the battle field now :smiley: .

It is the law that hunters must wear orange when hunting so that they don’t shoot other hunters. It seems that the mossy oak camo gear was getting too good. Of course the animals are all in favour of orange as they can know see the hunters again.

I think you’ll find most animals can’t see red light.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Is that why Foxes don’t drive? :laughing:

muckles:

Franglais:

ChrisArbon:
It is the law that hunters must wear orange when hunting so that they don’t shoot other hunters. It seems that the mossy oak camo gear was getting too good. Of course the animals are all in favour of orange as they can know see the hunters again.

I think you’ll find most animals can’t see red light.

Is that why Foxes don’t drive? [emoji38]

Guess it must be so. If they can’t see red, they wouldn’t stop at red lights, and so would fail their test. Clearly that’s why there’s so few foxy truckers.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Sumsmeister:

Geneva convention does that quite well …

Sumsmeister:

Er, it has already happened… :confused:

Delivering* to Otterburn Ranges, all you could see were camo clothed squaddies wearing a hi vis on top, trying to ‘hide’ in the woods / fields…

*Delivering them plastic toilet cubicles - thunder boxes onto the ranges, as they even weren’t allowed to dig a hole, or ■■■■ up a tree… :unamused:

tachograph:
When Health ans Safety started being a workplace issue it was a good idea and prevented a lot of accidents at work, then came the “where there’s blame there’s a claim” mentality and now companies are too busy worrying about covering their arses to worry about good well thought out H&S rules.

Add that to the fact that whenever someone tries to do something good there’s nearly always someone who wants to take it to the extreme and we have the bull-crap H&S rules that now exist in some companies.

Indeed !! quite happy to take the £1500 for a stiff neck, but ■■■■ and moan about the effects.

tachograph:
When Health ans Safety started being a workplace issue it was a good idea and prevented a lot of accidents at work, then came the “where there’s blame there’s a claim” mentality and now companies are too busy worrying about covering their arses to worry about good well thought out H&S rules.

It isn’t that though. I was forced to watch the H&S video at Siniat at Ferrybridge the other week because my card had run out. One thing they do is have trollies with flashing lights on you wheel to the back of the truck so the forkie knows you’re working on the trailer on that side (strapping down/moving curtains etc) and a few other things that seem pointless and stupid. What they did do in the video though is show a clip of CCTV covering the actual event that forced the introduction of those systems so at least you understood why. In this case a driver was strapping down his load on one side of the trailer whilst a forkie was loading plasterboard on the other side. The forkie had gone in too far, shoved the pack on the side the driver was on and the whole pack split up and slid off the trailer nearly crushing the driver. Had the driver not had the reactions he did he would have been.

Whenever you see some H&S thing implemented its because some poor sod has been either injured, killed or come damned close to being by some action or another in the past so something is put in place to hopefully eliminate it in the future. When you go to work you go to earn money, not end up in hospital or with a life long disability or in a wooden box 6ft under.

Goldfinger:

Sumsmeister:

Er, it has already happened… :confused:

Delivering* to Otterburn Ranges, all you could see were camo clothed squaddies wearing a hi vis on top, trying to ‘hide’ in the woods / fields…

*Delivering them plastic toilet cubicles - thunder boxes onto the ranges, as they even weren’t allowed to dig a hole, or ■■■■ up a tree… :unamused:

Otterburn isn’t exactly an operational theatre, it’s an exercise area.