Elf'n'Safety

A few weeks ago I was asked if I would be prepared to be a Health & Safety rep and take part in the regular meetings of our site’s “Safety & Environment Group”. They even sent me on a one-day course so I would know what was expected of me in this role.

Yesterday I was informed that I was to attend one of these meetings at 1pm today, and that I had been given an appropriately short run in order to facilitate my attendance.

“What’s my planned time to be back at the yard?”

“13:20”

“Do you not see the issue here…?”

Guess what time I got back to the yard…

Mucking fuppetry of the highest order.

To be fair you probably dodged a bullet. I can’t think of anything more boring than an H&S meeting!

I can just see all the management types congratulating one another on how they are “ticking all the boxes” as far as inclusion of drivers on the H&S program is concerned. The guy (independent contractor) who supplied the day’s training course is probably laughing his socks off.

Indeed they are all probably congratulating one another. I’d imagine it’ll be for avoiding being stuck in a room with such a scintillating person as yourself.

I’m sure that there are worse ways of spending an afternoon though. It’s just nothing is occurring to me that would be however.

Roymondo:
I can just see all the management types congratulating one another on how they are “ticking all the boxes” as far as inclusion of drivers on the H&S program is concerned. The guy (independent contractor) who supplied the day’s training course is probably laughing his socks off.

also known as "passing the buck "