Edwin Shirley Tucking "you rock we roll"

I used to drive at Edwin’s, had B378 pictured above here as my regular truck, that’s when we had just the 3 space cabs, had driven SOO Del’s old Scania 111 before that, and in 89 had the first Scania 113 Top line which was F701TMD the only one of that batch of trucks that was not airride. I moved to Sweden not long after that, but kept touri g through the 90’s both at Edwin’s and driving up here for Micke Bollhem, run my own business in Stockholm these days with little driving, although keep my truck and bus licence up to date.

It’s great to see some pics or articles that I have not seen before too. Cameras at gigs were a bit frowned on in those days and we didn’t all carry camera phones, not even phones!

This was parked up at home in mid Wales in those days :slight_smile:

I have loads of old pics posted elsewhere. Somebody has put a link to a video of mine here as well. It was on McCartney 1989 at the Bercy in Paris.

Welcome to trucknet Henry. Nice pic, best you post all them other pics on here ! :wink:

Sorry double post!

Thanks, I will try and upload them to a domain I have, have some on FB too. Had forgotten how you do on these forums.

I have known about Trucknet and seen posts etc. Was googling GT Middleton who I drove for years ago and saw a load of posts by Davetherenegade so registered myself :slight_smile:

Here’s me getting one of the first services on F701 at Scania in Berlin.

Good to have you on here Henry. I remember going back to the early 80s when I was on British Leyland Transport, Cowley, we used to do a lot of Road Show stuff, taking new models etc to various places in Europe to make promotional videos etc, & on 1 of the jobs they wanted Air-ride trailers, how they ■■■■■■■ with EST I don’t know, but we hired 3 trailers off them, 3 of us went up to London Bob-tail to collect them from your old yard under/over the arches etc, what an a**e-hole of a place to get in & out of :open_mouth: , they were very nice & gave us tea & free calendars etc.
We took them back to our Depot in Oxford, our Transport Manager was a bit of a rogue but he was a no nonsence Lancashire Lad, we parked them in a row in full view of the office & when he saw them he said “What the ‘Flip’ are those? Get them round the back out the way or people will think the Circus is in Town” I loved them, looked better with EST F88 or F12 on the front than the Buffalo I pulled it back with :unamused: :smiley: . Regards Chris

F12 Volvo

Henry Barker:
Thanks, I will try and upload them to a domain I have, have some on FB too. Had forgotten how you do on these forums.

I have known about Trucknet and seen posts etc. Was googling GT Middleton who I drove for years ago and saw a load of posts by Davetherenegade so registered myself :slight_smile:

Hi Henry! Good to see you on here. Are you still having your buisness in Arninge?

Danne

Dirty Dan:

Henry Barker:

Hi Henry! Good to see you on here. Are you still having your buisness in Arninge?

Danne

Hi there,

Yes I am still in Arninge :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DEANB:
F12 Volvo

WML was Jonnie Lewis’s truck. He runs busses today.

Here we were out pulling a screen I was driving the Scania 111 SOO in the foreground then Roger was driving WML (he is still there today driving) AJ had his Scania 142 still in Brit European colours but got painted purple and yellow. Chris Lennon was driving the Daf.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cfat

A small piece from truck magazine.