Eddie's scrachbuilt lorrie's

Hi Eddie, yes I hate doing windows also, its so easy to ■■■■ it up in a big way. Good to hear you are feeling better. I have been building a Leyland Terrier, I have put some photos on the model trucks thread on this part of the forum. I’m not posting on the TMW forum too much, sort of had enough of some of the rivet counters, but most of the guys are great of course, I’m also posting on 1/24th forum which is really friendly.

all the best, and I look forward to seeing your next project!

cheers

Ian

Hi Greek Is it you that has the Transit with the models displayed in case’s around it I saw it at Barnard castle it’s an eyecatching display. Eddie.

No Eddie not me only models Ive got I had bought for me as I used to work for them

This is the transit 18mth to restore I can manage the bigger ones but have`nt got the patience to do what you do, how did you manage them small dollys on the sheeted loads :smiley:

Hi Greek
Aye the hitches are’ny to bad in 1/24th even 1/50th is okay but boy does it get fiddly when its 1/87th I usually end up using the needle for them.
I like the Transit is that a Jennings body I had a couple of Transit’s the first was a Sprite body and the second was the follow on model to the Sprite it was a Landliner then our last one was a Sherpa with a Highwayman body we did a lot of steam rallys and the motorhomes were ideal for that. I will keep an eye out for you if I am at any of the shows. Eddie.

I had an e-mail last night commenting about a picture of one that i had on the workbench and it dawned on me that allthough I had built one I had never took a photo of it so I have just sorted that out.

Thought it was time for an update I have been pottering with code3 stuff in 1/50th scale it makes a nice change from the 1/24th ones.

Fineally got round to finishing this Dennison off I did it in Marsh’s colours from Blackpool The trailer was a 1/43rd scale which got the cut&shut job down to 1/50th I hope Marsh pulled for Burtons Biscuits as I took the chance and put the Wagon Wheels logo on it there was some trailers with that on them in fact McMurdo bought a second hand one still with that on it and we ran it on the carpet job.

The Dennison look great Eddie.

Regards Henry

Fantastic work Eddie, I am sure we would all be happy to be half as good as you at scratch building models.
Hope I can make a decent job on the Dennison cab I hope to do in Tyson Burridge colours, if it turns out anything like your Marsh job I will be over the moon.

Keep up the good work mate, keeps you sane.

Used to see a lot of Blackpool Van transport in the likes of Sainsburys Waitrose etc, a lot of them at that time were atkis but Im sure I saw that Dennison as well Eddie cracking job. Just been reading a bit about Dennison they started to build wagons from June 1977 to march 1981 in all about 250 were built .Article in Aprils Truck & Driver

erfguy:
I had an e-mail last night commenting about a picture of one that i had on the workbench and it dawned on me that allthough I had built one I had never took a photo of it so I have just sorted that out.

Hiya this sentinel was new to william tatton from leek it stood in a scrapyard nr cheddleton before it was restored.
a girl i went out with her dad drove it…i have a photo in a book when it was new…useless info
John
can i also say the transit is’nt a jennings roadranger. i made the mk2 roof mould for them when i worked at sandbach
john again

You are right not a roadranger John the Transit is a Cotswold Concorde built in Cheltenham

My mistake about the Transit I did think it was a Jennings but it’s still a cracker.Nice to hear the history of the Sentinel she has been around the rallys for a good few years now. Eddie.

erfguy:
My mistake about the Transit I did think it was a Jennings but it’s still a cracker.Nice to hear the history of the Sentinel she has been around the rallys for a good few years now. Eddie.

Hiya the transit is a nice little van thanks for posting it
John

hi eddie any chance you could build a smith of maddiston guy big j with the gardner 240 engine cheers john

erfguy:

Hiya this when TRF was new. this photo is out of neil matlocks book who also owns TRF and the photo

the driver was george hamilton and later ken salt tattons also had a 4 wheeler sentinal van
John

As in Blue Peter Here’s one I made earlier, I notice a ■■■■■■■■ badge on the front, Eddie.

exellent stuff eddie is this big j for sale ?

ND888 BIGJ Not for sale. Eddie.

ND888 BIGJ:
exellent stuff eddie is this big j for sale ?

you could buy a kit yourself & make one in the livery you want from here mate, ebay.co.uk/itm/290684917056? … 1436.l2649

cheers
gaz