Eddie's scrachbuilt lorrie's

Pinched this pic out of Aprils Classic & commercial Eddy timed well with your model :smiley:

Aye I thought when I saw the magazine I couldnt have timed it better I had a Dennison catalogue that I was using to build the model and it was Marsh’s was featured in it as apparently that was the first one they sold in the UK. Eddie.

Thought I would update things the FM has got a load and decals so looks like the real thing. I had an MAN TGA cab which I had bought on E-bay so gave it a face lift and made it a TGX there is three come in to the local carpet tile factory pulling powder tanks they belong to a company called SEAFIELD so having a Corgi powder tank I put them in Seafield’s livery.

Great work, really impressive!

Cracking job as always Eddie, If you are down Rickaby Park Bank hol give us a shout will be there Fri /Mon
In the meantime you fancy doing a Sed Atk heres me favorite Truck I`v had over 42yrs & tha t includes Volvo Scan ia Man DaF ,etc etc. This was a limited Edition & was no2 of 11, 410 ■■■■■■■ Eaton twin spillter leather seats alloy wheels & other bits & pieces, Loved It :blush:

Thanks for the comments lad’s, Greek I am unable to do one as I am busy sorry to disapoint. Eddie.

Superb Eddie, thanks for telling me about this site, But most of all impressed with your models.

Jimmy

A preview of the next down the production line.

Hi Eddie, thats a great looking scratchbuild mate, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Ian

Hello Ian are you going to Gaydon the forecast doesent look to good I wont be there I dont like driving now changed days used to drive all week then set of for Rugby at 3.00am on the Sun.and back up the road after it finished home about midnight and thought nothing of it.
Whats on the production line now I have plenty to do but it’s this thing called time there never seems to be enough of it. Eddie.

Hi Eddie, no I didn’t go to Gaydon, I will get there one day mate! I am working on this at the moment:

Apart from the fuel tank, the entire thing is built from scratch including resin cast wheels, diff’s, engine and air tanks.

Nearly complete, and based on a real lorry for Blue Circle Cement. I will send you some completed photos by email shortly mate.

cheers

Ian

Being an old retired driver I can appreciate these old lorries, they bring back memories of 60 years ago, when drivers cut there teeth with sheets and ropes, it makes one appreciate the quality and patience of Eddie’s work, he’s even got the knots right and even the spare sheets rolled up on top, just like we did in those years when drivers had pride in there work, instead of the robots they have driving today.

It cant get better than when you even get the A to Zs in the window, and the Seddon is like one I had at JG Fielder Haulage Bradford in the 1960s, absolutely brilliant.!!!

Hi Ian thats a tidy Foden a fair bit o work involved in the body as well will you letter it by hand or go for transfers.Aye another good un.

Hi Jack thanks for the kind comments and aye they tend to jog the memories a bit I am glad I am retired when you hear all the legislation they have to cope with now,We thought it was bad when you just had the odd silent check to worry about the old log sheets were handy if you were struggling for time TEAR it out and make another one with a bit more time left SIMPLES. Eddie.

erfguy:
A preview of the next down the production line.

wow eddie, that is spot on, what scale is it mate.

cheers
gaz

Hi Gaz it’s 1/50th or near enough. They were’nt all that popular at least up here they were thin on the ground J&J Currie had a couple pulling for Currie European so I will put it in their colours. Eddie.

Hi Eddie
Nice models, if you want to do anything a bit different like caravan transport got alot of photos of a cf daf 85 and merc actros
Ade

Thanks for the kind offer Lurpak but I have loads photos,articles,drawings,catalogues I read all the modern and vintage mags. and check through them before chucking them to see if there is something to cut out etc.
Were you in caravan transport we get some from the Hull and Beverly areas coming up through here on the A76 and we have an old Tollbooth building sticks out a good bit and some of the bigger chalet type have their work cut out getting through there. Eddie.

erfguy:
Being new to this photo posting hopefully I will manage to get a few of the many model lorries and trucks that I have built by hand over the last 35 years hope you enjoy them.Eddie.

Thanks very much for the thread EDDIE realy enjoyed them you have an amazing talent i am new to the trucknet site, and enjoying the pics you and alot more more old truckers have made an old tramper very happy thanks again

Thanks Ray for the kind comments they make it all worthwhile, They bring back the memories of the good and bad days. Eddie.