Eddies hit Lichfield bridge Again

UKtramp:

pierrot 14:

UKtramp:
Absolutely incredible, Research has found:
• 43% of lorry drivers admit to not knowing the size of their vehicle
• 52% of drivers admit to not taking low bridges into account when planning their journeys.
Who have they surveyed? This tots up to 95% of drivers risking hitting a low bridge. How can you not know the height of your vehicle when it is in plain view. How can you not know that you are approaching a low bridge, just who have they surveyed FFS.

Proof of the research !!!

Taken from this
networkrail.co.uk/feeds/bri … y-drivers/

Only in Staffs ■■!! Network Rail today called for lorry drivers across Staffordshire to know the height of their vehicles to avoid crashing into railway bridges and causing hours of delays to train passengers.

Stoke Road, in Stoke-on-Trent, is a regularly-struck railway bridge which carries the West Coast main line above it. In the last six years, the bridge has been struck 29 times by irresponsible drivers who didn’t know the height of their vehicle.
So the drivers actually said that did they? Interviewed by the authorities, they actually went DOH, haven’t got a scooby-doo how high it is!!!

Research has found:
• 43% of lorry drivers admit to not knowing the size of their vehicle … I’ve never been asked and out of all the drivers I know I don’t think they have either
• 52% of drivers admit to not taking low bridges into account when planning their journeys…Most trips especially by drivers of supermarket RDC’s get given a preplanned route, I don’t take into account any low bridges, but I use my eyes
• Five bridge strikes happen across the country everyday – with a peak of 10/day in October… really? maybe we should get the national press / radio stations to give us proof of this. So they reckon that in October there were 300, yes THREE HUNDRED bridge strikes in October!!!

From the previous link: did I read that the Stobart School is using a toy giraffe called Bridget to engage with trainees?
I refrain from further comments.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Looks like the Fat Controller just stopped the train in time :open_mouth:

Franglais:
…did I read that the Stobart School is using a toy giraffe called Bridget to engage with trainees?

Can only think of 2 reasons for this:

• IQ level requirements.
  • Language barrier.

Love to know how Stobarts are part if this campaign unless they feel that letting the special ones into the group will help their diversity criteria.

Personally I’d research how many drivers facepalmed when reading the stats.

Not just Stobart hit bridge .leicestermercury.co.uk/news … ry-1574920

Looks like that driver tried and presumably failed to collect a Darwin award for the A47 one going by the location of the dint in the windscreen. Seatbelts and low bridge checks not applicable for muppets it seems.

Surely there’s got to be action to make this automatically affect your O licence even if it’s just X number of trucks down for 6 months for anyone hitting a bridge. That would at least in theory catch the bigger players too (maybe).

UKtramp:
Absolutely incredible, Research has found:
• 43% of lorry drivers admit to not knowing the size of their vehicle
• 52% of drivers admit to not taking low bridges into account when planning their journeys.
Who have they surveyed? This tots up to 95% of drivers risking hitting a low bridge. How can you not know the height of your vehicle when it is in plain view. How can you not know that you are approaching a low bridge, just who have they surveyed FFS.

Why do you add the figures together? Surely the 52% who don’t take low bridges into account when planning their journeys includes those who don’t know the size of their vehicle in the first place…?

Andrejs:

Looks like he had no seatbelt on and his head hit the screen !

moomooland:
0 Looks like the Fat Controller just stopped the train in time :open_mouth:

Real life after a skip wagon hit the bridge.

whitbygazette.co.uk/news/wh … -1-9063438

Pennineman:

moomooland:

Real life after a skip wagon hit the bridge.

whitbygazette.co.uk/news/wh … -1-9063438

Andrejs:

2 lessons learnt in one go! [emoji57]
He must have been cracking on to do that much damage to a container [emoji47] what a t1t [emoji35]

Andrejs:

He deffo tried to get all the way through judging by the damage to the container and wasn’t wearing a seat belt hence face planting the windscreen. Complete tool of a driver.

moomooland:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simcor:
He deffo tried to get all the way through judging by the damage to the container and wasn’t wearing a seat belt hence face planting the windscreen. Complete tool of a driver.

This reiterates…

The seat belt thread from last week.

Judging by the faceplanted windscreen any compensation claim for injury sustained at work will be laughed at by his employers and insurers.

Agreed a complete tool that should rethink his entire career as a driver and stick to mopping floors in Mickeys D’s.

yourhavingalarf:

simcor:

Agreed a complete tool that should rethink his entire career as a driver and stick to mopping floors in Mickeys D’s.
[/quote]
Probably earn more doing this^^^^^^

biggriffin:

pierrot 14:

AndrewG:
…no…im not going to say it…

I’ll say it for you, 4 meters limit, thing is though Andrew there are so many Richard Heads that drive now, even if all trucks were limited to 4mts, the twunts would be hitting bridges that are lower!! The number of times that I’ve heard that the Blackwall Tunnel has been closed because an idiot DIDN’T READ THE ROAD SIGNS on the approach and it’s not just one sign!!

trouble is Blackwell is signed 4.0m and 13ft.0. so when you go down there at 4.0m it don’t fit, hence why the lhd brigade keep banging the height markers.

There are a lot of bridges marked in imperial and metric that doesn’t agree

nomiS36:

Andrejs:

2 lessons learnt in one go! [emoji57]
He must have been cracking on to do that much damage to a container [emoji47] what a t1t [emoji35]

Serves the ■■■■ right breaking his screen with his face

A tape measure is less than a quid and drivers still don’t carry one, some don’t even know what they are for.

moomooland:

I just spat my tea out looking at that - I showed it to my 3yr old son and he was very concerned about Percy.
I told him that the wagon driver’s name was probably not Percy and he gave me one of ‘those’ looks.

biggriffin:
Probably earn more doing this^^^^^^

Fair point…

Include all the free food and it’s a result.