Eddies hit Lichfield bridge Again

Not cheap but how about this water jet curtain that appears if you pass the over height sensors

Very local to me, you’d have to be an idiot to hit that bridge and the fact so many have/do speaks volumes about the Muppets driving :open_mouth:

3 wheeler:
Not cheap but how about this water jet curtain that appears if you pass the over height sensors

Isn’t that what windscreen wipers are for?

I did say it a few months ago , but when your asked to set a drivers height marker for him whilst doing a changeover , try to explain the route for him to take , then get handed his sat nav with him saying you , then you’ve problems , especially when the change over was at Peterborough srvs and he only had to get to tesco Peterborough :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: , his height marker was set at 13 ft 3 and he had a 14 ft tri on :exclamation:

m.a.n rules:
as you look at that picture to the left just past the bridge is a v/good chippy, bit of a bugger for parking but ok if your stuck under the bridge.

just saying like :wink:

At least he’s guaranteed himself a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ before heading to the chippy

3 wheeler:
0Photo nicked from brummie mail website, it’s been hit 90 times since 2009.
Wtf is wrong with drivers now !

I am sorry but if drivers not see sign that it is sickness and must revoke licence.Simply some drivers can t concentrated.You can see when some drivers can t found good in office.

it needs nothing more complicated than this for every bridge.
a few quid and then nobody would hit the bridge causing the railways to collect millions in downtime for having to stop trains,running buses to ferry passengers,pay bridge inspectors callout fees to assess the damage ectect.
or
possibly they are good earners for everyone concerned except the truck co.

sign4idiots.jpg

m.a.n rules:
as you look at that picture to the left just past the bridge is a v/good chippy, bit of a bugger for parking but ok if your stuck under the bridge.

just saying like :wink:

1. …or in English lol

Yet another demonstration from the Helmeted hauliers :grimacing:

Green death bridge destroyers.jpg

mike68:
I recently hit upon an idea that if taken up by truck manufactures would end overnight all such stupidity.

Missed pins broken steps, coffee and food thrown around the cab bridges street furniture and general scenery being driven into would all be things of the past.

My idea is simple, a large oversized comedy boxing glove attached to a long and powerful spring that would deploy from the dashboard and strike the knuckle dragging imbecile who’s at the wheel square in the face just before an act of unspeakable stupidity takes place, an excellent idea as I’m sure you would all agree.

Isn’t the greatest act of stupidity taking the job on in the first place !!

Peter Ball:

mike68:
I recently hit upon an idea that if taken up by truck manufactures would end overnight all such stupidity.

Missed pins broken steps, coffee and food thrown around the cab bridges street furniture and general scenery being driven into would all be things of the past.

My idea is simple, a large oversized comedy boxing glove attached to a long and powerful spring that would deploy from the dashboard and strike the knuckle dragging imbecile who’s at the wheel square in the face just before an act of unspeakable stupidity takes place, an excellent idea as I’m sure you would all agree.

Isn’t the greatest act of stupidity taking the job on in the first place !!

No. I love the job still.

It’s when I have to engage with idiots it becomes tedious.

I got an idea to stop all idiotic driving.
It’s called Tesla. :grimacing: Well for the first days until they started crashing anyway.

3 wheeler:

That looks great, but guaranteed the kids will be setting it off with a big stick when they’re bored!

The irony of it!

networkrail.co.uk/feeds/bri … y-drivers/

Pennineman:
The irony of it!

“Lorries can’t limbo!” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Absolutely incredible, Research has found:
• 43% of lorry drivers admit to not knowing the size of their vehicle
• 52% of drivers admit to not taking low bridges into account when planning their journeys.
Who have they surveyed? This tots up to 95% of drivers risking hitting a low bridge. How can you not know the height of your vehicle when it is in plain view. How can you not know that you are approaching a low bridge, just who have they surveyed FFS.

UKtramp:
• 52% of drivers admit to not taking low bridges into account when planning their journeys.
Who have they surveyed? This tots up to 95% of drivers risking hitting a low bridge. How can you not know the height of your vehicle when it is in plain view. How can you not know that you are approaching a low bridge, just who have they surveyed FFS.

Yeah, but since 57% of drivers DO know the height of their vehicle and 48% Do take into account low bridges, 105% of drivers are ok.

UKtramp:

Proof of the research !!!

Captain Caveman 76:

UKtramp:

Yeah, but since 57% of drivers DO know the height of their vehicle and 48% Do take into account low bridges, 105% of drivers are ok.

Yes but what percentage of the 105% actually go near low bridges? What if 100% of the 95% that don’t know or that don’t plan their routes actually go under low bridges. That would make around 7.3% of all bridges in England exc wales been hit.

pierrot 14:

UKtramp:

Proof of the research !!!

Taken from this