Drivers Favourite "boozers" in the 50's/60's

kevmac47:
A favourite of most of my pals was the “Tally Ho” at Adwick le Street just along the road from the Red House Cafe. My era there was the seventies, although by then the cafe was in decline, the pub was thriving. Many a lock in!! How we got away with late boozing and early starts l will never know. :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Regards Kev.

Aye Kev, The regulers IIRC, Were Parky,Les Newton, Geordie Beatty, Chic Oniel, Bob Greenlees, As you say how did they never get caught, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

lespullan:
Juniper berry Southampton was good for a laugh when the two queers had it, Viv and ?.
Hatchet, Bristol.
Turk’s head, Taunton.
Stable Bar, Broomielaw, Glasgow.
Bettys Bar, Gallowgate, Glasgow.
Green parrot, Perranporth.
Lord Clyde, City Hotel, Millers Dam. Bradford when at home. Les.

Is that where the red hooter comes from Les ■■? :smiley: :wink:

ramone:

lespullan:
Juniper berry Southampton was good for a laugh when the two queers had it, Viv and ?.
Hatchet, Bristol.
Turk’s head, Taunton.
Stable Bar, Broomielaw, Glasgow.
Bettys Bar, Gallowgate, Glasgow.
Green parrot, Perranporth.
Lord Clyde, City Hotel, Millers Dam. Bradford when at home. Les.

Is that where the red hooter comes from Les ■■? :smiley: :wink:

Must have been the dust of the wool bales made me thirsty, :blush: Les.

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:
A favourite of most of my pals was the “Tally Ho” at Adwick le Street just along the road from the Red House Cafe. My era there was the seventies, although by then the cafe was in decline, the pub was thriving. Many a lock in!! How we got away with late boozing and early starts l will never know. :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Regards Kev.

Aye Kev, The regulers IIRC, Were Parky,Les Newton, Geordie Beatty, Chic Oniel, Bob Greenlees, As you say how did they never get caught, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Hi Kev, A few more names , Fatty Armstrong, Geordie Skinner, Ted Cassidy, Jimmy Buckley, Coggy, Pye Clark.Piper Clydesdale, Alan Talbert, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

Larry, Parky, Geordie Beatty, and Bob Greenlees all eventually were caught out and lost their licenses with the breatherlizer. But realistically it could have been any of us :unamused: :unamused: although I think most of us did get the message pretty quickly, some would never learn :unamused:. Regards Kev.

Stag in Forfar, in the 70s…

Norman Croad,Torquay.

6LX:

Norman Croad,Torquay.

Norman, the last time I was in there was 1977, I woke up next morning to the news that Elvis had died :cry: :cry: sad day! Regards Kev.

The Fox at Brotherton plus the Byrom Park Working Mens Club, Of course Normans opened their own bar so a lot of drivers just wet their whistles there, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

The Brown Bear & the Still & Star, When in London, I can remember old Parky having some spicy soup in The Farmers Cafe next door to The Brown Bear, Then having severel pints & he got caught short & ■■■■ himself before he could get to the carzey, Well what a night that was he was in a hell of a state, He tighed his linings after he had washed them in the horse trough on Tower Hill onto the sheet rack on his Atki 8 wheeler 645 NVK, They dried out by the time he got to Alcobury Hill Cafe, They were the days Eh, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Parkys local at Seaton Burn where lived was The Moor House pub, There is a photo of him as a young chap in uniform when he was in the army portrade on the wall in the pub, He was a well respected fellow in those days, Regards Larry.

kevmac47:

6LX:

Norman Croad,Torquay.

Norman, the last time I was in there was 1977, I woke up next morning to the news that Elvis had died :cry: :cry: sad day! Regards Kev.

Hi Kev, Hows the comics cuts doing, Are you ready so savour the flavour of my amber necters at the Labour Club Gatherings, I have some real high voltage stuff for you to try out, Fit for the gods but only for us old wagon drivers, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

6LX:

Norman Croad,Torquay.

Hi Kev, Hows the comics cuts doing, Are you ready so savour the flavour of my amber necters at the Labour Club Gatherings, I have some real high voltage stuff for you to try out, Fit for the gods but only for us old wagon drivers, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry

Looking forward to the “do” Larry, but still no " food of the gods" unfortunately :cry: :cry: see you soon. Kev.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

6LX:

Norman Croad,Torquay.

Looking forward to the “do” Larry, but still no " food of the gods" unfortunately :cry: :cry: see you soon. Kev.

Hi Kev, Im sorry to hear that, Of course Toby with be pleased Eh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , More for him, I havent heard from Crowbar for a while I will have to give him a bell to see if he is keeping well & able to get to the do, He missed the last two owing to unforeseen problems, Looking forward to seeing you & all the old drivers who can still attend, Regards Larry.