Drawings from past to future

EPSON594.JPG
ohh the americans :unamused: :unamused: ,something for carryfast :question: cheers benkku

finish beer tanks
:grimacing:

updated version of Mr Anoraks favorite :grimacing: cheers benkku

bma.finland:

Hey, Leyland sold in the Nederlands :smiley:

Eric,

bma.finland:
yes dear ,…yes dear…well…tut tut tut,cheers benkku

Hey, days before the cab Phone. :smiley:

Eric,

■■■■■■■ cargo

Superb drawings as usual. Keep it going mate.

facebook.com/andrew.mcdevit … nref=story

Andrew McDevitte Posted I saw your photos on the toprun site. they are superb. I took the reg for my drawing from one of your pics! I came across a photo of a french Scania driving through the village nr reims and thought it would make a great drawing using a UK truck instead. The photo seemed to capture the whole atmosphere of driving through France on the national roads. The reason for choosing a curries lorry was that, back in 1981 I went to France for the first time with my parents,brother and sister in my dads little Renault 12!! First night we were in Arras and I clearly remember seeing a curries lorry coming through the town. I couldn’t believe it- to me I was the other side of the world and here’s a lorry from Dumfries! I grew up in west ■■■■■■■ so the curries lorries were a familiar sight.
I will be selling prints very shortly Bill, they are £15,

from russia whit … :grimacing: MA3 cheers benkku

beercarrier

bma.finland:
beercarrier

Now I just wonder which island this load of Lager was bound for ■■? Why bma. island of course, just enough to last one week I guess ! :wink: :laughing: Cheers Skol, hic hic Dennis.

quite so,and here comes the meat :grimacing: :grimacing:

bma.finland:
quite so,and here comes the meat :grimacing: :grimacing:

BBQ anyone ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

EPSON576.JPG
if the fire goes to hard ,we have his to help :grimacing: cheers benkku

bma.finland:
if the fire goes to hard ,we have his to help :grimacing: cheers benkku

OK bma. but if the fire gets so bad and out of control are you (or a Pal) sober (not ■■■■■■ :laughing: ) enough to drive the fire engine ! :laughing: I very much doubt that if you have had a good BBQ Hic Hic !! you would be able to drive the Fire Engine, other than into the forest “crash” on your way to the “glow in the sky”,oh! bugger it “it’s the Northern Lights” we’ll have no chance of putting those out hic hic ! oh! "pass the Aqauvit bottle and we’ll stay here until we get rescued by a St.Bernard dog in the morning (or a friendly Reindeer with a barrel of Vodka around it’s neck) ! Phew ! :laughing: Cheers benkku Dennis. :wink:

EPSON685.JPG
more beer then :wink: cheers benkku

EPSON693.JPG
nd now we need some more :grimacing:

more drinking,now in danish :grimacing: cheers

well im still alive :unamused: cheers benkku

bma.finland:

Very smart- the van Eck cab certainly makes the Leyland look like a vehicle which would travel the length of Europe- more so than the LAD cab, for sure! However, having read more about the vehicles of the 1950s and '60s (thanks mainly to the memories of TNUK contributors- thanks chaps), my “ideal 1960 lorry” might now be a bit different:

1. Plenty of people have mentioned the unreliability of the Power Plus Leyland 680 engine. I’ll have a Gardner 8LW instead, please.
  2. The van Eck cab is a bit spartan inside, judging by the photos of Herr Schmidt’s example. I have since discovered that the Paul & van Weelde cab, of the same era, had an oiled hardwood and leather interior. I want that instead!
  3. I don’t know whose chassis to use. Maybe I could do worse than to ask a Finn! :smiley: