Downton

Thanks everyone for the info. I’ll be having a look at their website for more info.

Beetlejuice:

Harry Monk:

blue estate:

Beetlejuice:
It is £9.25 ph and £20 night out .

What’s ot paid at ?

Ha, you cheeky monkey! :stuck_out_tongue:

Am i missing somthing here ?

Yes - an ‘e’ :unamused:

Toddy2:

Have you got any e’s?

It’s a better fuel bonus just getting a job closer to home on a higher hourly rate.

FFS how hard can THAT be?

“Jump the matchbox fence to win.”

TiredAndEmotional:

biggriffin:

Steve66:
As far as their website goes rest day working is £10.50 an hour.
Hurry.
You’ll want to be first in the queue.

If you don’t like the rate,don’t apply, but as your on mega money, why not slate it off, as you have worked there I guess.

For some that’s a good rate, depending on the hours worked, 2x15 and 3x13. That gives him £724 top line + nights out,
More than you get on benefits.

It’s not a good rate ffs but loads of hours only masks that! You’re working two jobs there…

That’s what a lot of drivers either fail to see, or are just too stupid and gullible to see, when they look at their high bottom line and boast about their ‘‘good money’’ they are on.
…ie The week and a half they have worked for their week’s pay. :bulb:
As BG says…‘‘Depending on their hours worked’’

biggriffin:

Steve66:
As far as their website goes rest day working is £10.50 an hour.
Hurry.
You’ll want to be first in the queue.

If you don’t like the rate,don’t apply, but as your on mega money, why not slate it off, as you have worked there I guess.

For some that’s a good rate, depending on the hours worked, 2x15 and 3x13. That gives him £724 top line + nights out,
More than you get on benefits.

70 hours a week for a top line of £724.
I’ve been put in my place.
Where do I sign?

After the lobotomy that is.

It’s the same structure C&H was on 10 years ago so the ex C&H guys haven’t had a penny in 10 years. and the fuel bonus is impossible to hit

where are you these days chester .imm still looking

bjd:
where are you these days chester .imm still looking

Having a bit of a sabbatical from driving for the past 18 months just starting to think about a return after the summer . After 30 years I needed a bit of time out from driving. Where’re you these days ?

Still looking on fuel bud it bores the hell out me

TiredAndEmotional:

Toddy2:

Have you got any e’s?

E’s are good, E’s are good.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Trucker2468:
Anyone work for Downton as a tramper ? Curious to know what the typical pay is, and what type of work.
Thanks

I’m a 4on-4off day driver, but I do some nights out too. I’m salaried, so hard to compare with your pay, but on the whole my pay works out on £10+ per hour, just. The work is on the whole easy, but that’s because we run out of the one contract, and back, and hours are reasonable. When I do sometimes run a bit of general (I like the variety), it is here-there-and anywhere, and they like to max your hours. But there is never any pressure to break rules, and they pay for parking.
I work for the wages they pay, because they are in line with other jobs in this area, but I won’t do overtime, because the rate is laughable.

I went for an interview at chatham a while back and although i never took the job i have to say while i was waiting to interview i was offed coffee by the office staff and they seemed a nice bunch listening to them talking to drivers ect just a shame they didnt pay enough money

Give them a miss i done six months at Runcorn,not good.

GOIN QUOIN:
Give them a miss i done six months at Runcorn,not good.

Can’t be all that bad if you stayed there for 6 months ! :unamused: