Downton ??

Hi all anyone know what downton are like to drive for (on days) based out of runcorn thankss

Search engines are wonderful things.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130182&p=2035854&hilit=Downton#p2035854

Im working out of there through an Agency and its ok ,im trying to get a full time job with them.

Hi. I just started with them at Runcorn this week. Had full days induction and been out with another driver all week as I’m inexperienced in an artic. Seem a friendly bunch in the transport office. Long days though

What are the hours like zigzag? Ide be in the same situation as i only passed class 1 last week

Do they leave you alone or are they constantly on the phone & tracker?

The drivers got a pay rise recently, up to £9.00hr now Mon-Fri days.

azza91:
What are the hours like zigzag? Ide be in the same situation as i only passed class 1 last week

Can’t speak for the Runcorn depot, but I work out of Gloucester, and find that most weeks I’m going into all my 15’s. Personally it’s a ball ache, continually doing 15 hours, 9 hours turn around (- 1.5 hours travelling each way in my case, have tea, shower, etc, leaves you little time to sleep.) Personally I’m looking for an alternative, but there are guys / gals that have been there many years, and it seems to suit them, so I guess it depends what you want from a job? Lots of hours? then you’ll enjoy, a life outside work? then probably not.

Pimpdaddy:
Do they leave you alone or are they constantly on the phone & tracker?

They tend to leave you alone in my experience, the phone calls I get tend to be to check that your delivery was made, and with no problems. I have never had a phone call asking why /where the hell are you?

mrginge:
The drivers got a pay rise recently, up to £9.00hr now Mon-Fri days.

Yes, I’m on days £9 / hour, plus £5 / day food allowance.

azza91:

Well, last 2 days i did a 14 and today a 13 hour shift. Today they didnt plan us for a 13 but was ■■■■■■ running back from Gloucester with accident on m5 and the friday traffic on the M6. They do give newbies a chance though and will send you out for a week or 2 with an experienced driver.

You’ll max your hours all the time ,they won’t respect that if you ask to be finished at at a time even if you give them good warning. Your just a bum on a seat . They don’t pay great rate but You can earn good money due to lots of hours . They have a high turnover of drivers in most depots . They took over a firm I worked for and out of a 100 or so drivers there is prob a cpl of dozen left and the depot I was at mabey a handful left . Also what you need to ask is why a firm of this size will put new qualified drivers on seats when most firms won’t touch them . But saying that it will be a good place to cut your teeth and earn some good money doing it. Also a job like this it’s not worth just doin days as you will be knackered the whole time nights away is your best bet

chester 1

Could you pm me please mate?

Steve66:
chester 1

regarding what mate? if you want to pm me a question i will do my best to answer

chester1:

Steve66:
chester 1

regarding what mate? if you want to pm me a question i will do my best to answer

Sorry bud I was a bit vague lol
Will pm you

I have done lol
Sorry for being a bit vague :smiley:

Is that rate…straight thru?

I wouldn’t go back if it was £18 an hour,no life,■■■■■ job