Disappointed!!!!!!

you never know how its going to turn out my son was going out with a girl lazy ■■■■ taker driving me nuts kept my mouth shut her own father came to see me said yor boys to nice for here but he was bessoted then i was obout to burst then thank god she dumped him iyear later met the most wonderfull ■■■■■■■ eart h beutifull 2 year old grandaughter im very gratefull regards

I did say i’d update & resurrect this thread so here goes.

My daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 3 weeks ago, he’s a real cutie (typical grandad talk, i know). She went into labour on the Saturday morning, so i drove her & the b/f over to the hospital, dropped them off & asks for updates. The birth had a couple of minor problems, nothing life threatening. The b/f got a bit emotional, to be expected really, but, because of the minor complications decided to punch a wall or 2 Not really sure what he was hoping to achieve really, just looked a bit of a tool tbh.

Cut to Saturday just gone, i went down & picked up my daughter & grandson about 11am, (i’m a tramper so only get to see them on weekends) her b/f was staying in the house & having a few cans with his mate. About 8pm my brother dropped my daughter & grandson home. About 11.30 my daughter rings me in tears, her b/f is ■■■■■■ up & decided to kick off, can she & the baby stay at mine? No problem, i’m in the car & down there within 10mins, in that time however, he won’t let her see to the baby, he wants a ruck, he’s smashed a few plates, bounced my daughters head off the kitchen floor & wall a few times & kicked her out the house without the baby. When i get there my daughter is on the phone to the police & he’s at the door ■■■■■■ & blinding, we exchanged a few words before the police turned up.

They were great, hats off to them, they got in & got the baby off the ■■■■■■ up idiot. I’m outside & can hear him telling them i’d threatened to kill him, as if!!! I told him i was gonna put him in the hospital not the morgue, lying prick.

Anyway, because there weren’t too many bruises the police merely removed him from the area & didn’t press charges. Not sure if this is new procedure or not, it makes sense though if i’m honest, lots of time & money spent on what you could call a minor altercation. I suppose when it’s your own daughter it’s a little difficult to accept though.

Yesterday we had a good chat, & i’ve told her he’s got to go & she’s got to get used to being on her own for a while. When it comes to hitting women i don’t believe in 2nd chances, next time it could be the police on my doorstep informing me my daughters in the hospital or morgue. I think she realises that she’s ended up with a sponging low life. Apparently, since the baby’s been born he’s done next to sod all, always got some minor ailment that requires him to go upstairs to the bedroom to ‘chill’ for a while.

He came up yesterday (i was out shopping) & got the key to the house so he could move his stuff out. He’s full of apologies, remorse & shame & is going to move back to his parents house for a while to ‘sort his head out’ :unamused: , but i think he’s hoping for a reconciliation. That’s not going to happen though, at least i hope not.

So, there you have it. I never got round to having that little chat with him, shame on me. When i picked my daughter up on Saturday night i was shaking so much that i could hardly control the clutch on my car, bouncing up the road like a learner.

If anyone’s interested i’ll stick another update up some time in the future.

Sorry to hear about your daughter & defo think you are right he dont deserve a 2nd chance as if they do it once they will do it again that is for sure poss again when he is drunk

Pleased mother & baby are doing well under the circumstances

But remember she needs your support more than ever now just be there for her ( although I know you will )

It wont be easy for her as I know as my x did hit me not as bad as what your daughter suffered did take a while but I did leave ( I left him packed what I wanted from house & moved with 2 young kids ) as I did find somewhere else to live but he didnt know for 6 mth we now get on well tbh

So are you going to put some pic up of baby :question: & what is his name or would you rather not say :question:

I’ve been a single parent to 4 kids for the last 10yrs, & having brought them up with very little assistance from my ex-wife i’m a bit over protective at times, especially with my 2 daughters.
She’ll be spending the weekends at mine from now on, & during the week my g/f & her daughters will be helping with the baby & keeping her company.

The baby’s name is Tyrell, i’ll try & stick some pics up next week, may not happen though as i’m technologically retarded, may have to get 1 of the kids to help me. :slight_smile:

Betty Swallox:
I’ve been a single parent to 4 kids for the last 10yrs, & having brought them up with very little assistance from my ex-wife i’m a bit over protective at times, especially with my 2 daughters.
She’ll be spending the weekends at mine from now on, & during the week my g/f & her daughters will be helping with the baby & keeping her company.

The baby’s name is Tyrell, i’ll try & stick some pics up next week, may not happen though as i’m technologically retarded, may have to get 1 of the kids to help me. :slight_smile:

That what kids are for

I have been a single parent to 2 for the last 20 not been easy at times & know what you mean about being protective of you daughters as not been easy due to his now wife & not much help from him but hey still single & happy

Hey guys, stealing the thread a bit here, but how do/did you manage as a single parent, driving, with young un’s?
I would love to get back into driving, but find there is nothing available that fits in with the kids.
Mod’s: Sorry for stealing the thread. Please let me know if I did wrong and move/split/delete if inappropriate.

Clunk:
Hey guys, stealing the thread a bit here, but how do/did you manage as a single parent, driving, with young un’s?
I would love to get back into driving, but find there is nothing available that fits in with the kids.
Mod’s: Sorry for stealing the thread. Please let me know if I did wrong and move/split/delete if inappropriate.

Not really inappropriate & not really off topic

Not easy but I was at 1st driving a van for a small family firm so was helpful also a lot of help form my parents even though they both worked at the time ( mam did work shifts as well ) also had another part time job working as a waitress

Not easy but can be done

Clunk:

Not really sure of the job situation where you live but up by me it’s dire, i realised early on that i would need a change of direction/career.

When i became a single parent i was doing continental work, that had to finish. I went to college to begin with, it fitted in well with the kids. I applied for & received education loans/grants etc in order to bring some extra money in.

Did that for 3 years, was hoping to get a degree & qualify as a teacher (figured that would be a job that fitted around the kids) unfortunately halfway through the 2nd year of my degree i ruptured my achilles tendon, spent 12 weeks in plaster & missed too much uni to continue. Was hoping to finish my degree but couldn’t get funding to re-sit my 2nd year.
I ended up working part-time in a shop, mostly doing the warehousing/stock side of it but often ended up on the tills chatting to the old biddies. Stuck that out for 3 years. I then found work driving a van delivering fresh food to Asda stores in Wales, did that for 2 years.

By this time my eldest 3 kids were over 18 & the youngest was 12, so after a couple of shifts with an agency doing some HGV 1 work i felt the time was right to get back into driving HGV’s full time.

I’m now doing UK tramping, been with the same firm 2 & a half years now. Not had any issues with the kids, they’re happy with things. I’ve been fortunate in that i’ve a great g/f who helps out all the time, & my kids all love her to bits.

I’ll be honest, the first couple of years were tough but it definitely gets easier over time.

My kids are still young. 7 and 8 years old.
Youngest was 18 months when I left her.
She has them Tuesdays and Wednesdays so to keep her weekends free for drinking.

I have kept my forklift license up to date, so I have that to fall back on.
So trying to find work that fits around the kids is difficult. Having a g/f that is good with my kids would be ace, but I haven’t met the right woman yet.
I have fathered another child since my divorce, and eve though we were planning to live together, she refused to care for the 2 that live with me so I could go back to work. She wanted me to give them up and let them stay with their mom full time.
I have tried agency work, I have tried supermarkets. But nothing pays good enough to fit in with the kids. Mostly with affording child care.
I did get offered a days 7.5 ton driving work, but had to turn it down because I forgot about digicards. When I was last driving, they were just coming into play. I never got one then, and I don’t have one yet.

I am doing volunteer work with the jobcentre at the moment, But it doesn’t compare with driving.

I miss the road. :confused:

It not easy as said I did fall back on working as a waitress for a long time then a lot of help from family I was single no man around think it was unreasonable for your x to ask you to give up your kids as to me that not an option she knew you had them before you got together simple they were there before she was

If yoou did go back to work would you not get help with child care & working tax credit & working child tax credit etc I know it not what you should be doing but it can make the difference if you volunteer in the job centre ask there to do a better off calculation but take into account you will be paying full rent & council tax all of your outgoings all your incoming

Also if you out all day then you wont be paying for the extra tea/coffee electric/gas etc it will be surprising what you can do & look at that until kids are older unless you can do local multi drop in a van which might be an option

Carryfast:

the fub:
Have a 14 year old daughter and nobody will ever be good enough for her in my eyes. Couple of months ago a scrawny wee [zb] turned up at the door and asked for her. I shut the door after telling him to ■■■■ off, daughter straight out after him giving me the dirtiest looks possible. Turns out they have been seeing each other for 3 months and I never knew (usual never at home). Now he wont call to the house even when im away and is scared of me lol. Result :laughing: :laughing:

So how would you feel if you had/have a son and he gets the same treatment by every single father out there when he wants to find a wife.It’s blokes with those views who don’t deserve to see any grandchildren themselves. :unamused:

Just for your information I have a 21 year old son and as for seeing grandkids im only 46 myself and do not want to be a grandfather because thats mean id be sleeping with a grandmother :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Jesus, reading this has made me even more grateful for having the wonderful parents I have. You lot need to calm down because acting like may of you do will often have only one effect, it’ll drive your kids away from you. With some of the things some of you say I’m amazed you’ve kids at all.

switchlogic:
Jesus, reading this has made me even more grateful for having the wonderful parents I have. You lot need to calm down because acting like may of you do will often have only one effect, it’ll drive your kids away from you. With some of the things some of you say I’m amazed you’ve kids at all.

When you become a parent I will gladly take any advice you have to offer.

the fub:

switchlogic:

I wont be becoming a parent. And thankfully I had caring easy going parents that weren’t control freaks and all their children are closer to them as adults as a result.

switchlogic:

the fub:

switchlogic:

I wont be becoming a parent. And thankfully I had caring easy going parents that weren’t control freaks and all their children are closer to them as adults as a result.

I’m not a control freak and you would probably find that most of the parents on here aren’t control freaks either…it’s called loving and protecting our children. As most parents would probably agree we’ve been there and done that and don’t want our children making the same mistakes. As for being close my daughter came to me and actually agreed that the little ■■■■ I told to ■■■■ off was a waster with arms like an octopus and that she should have listened to me in the first place. I’m not saying I will always be right but If I can advise her as to what to do or who to date her life might just be that wee bit nicer. I’m very close to both my children and count myself extremely lucky that they can come to me and talk about anything.

[/quote]
On a different note, does it ever bother you missing out on kid’s Luke ?

I love my kids to bits, but sometimes you think how your lives would have been different without them . All grown up and finished school now, so have my partners kids. As Luke would say life goes ONWARDS now.

My daughter now has a wonderful partner ( she blames me I blame bigvern :laughing: & glen958 :laughing: )

They now have a lovely daughter Robyn born on 5.7.13 a healthy 5lb yep enjoying it as it is my job to spiol said granddaughter

Don’r blame me…I never did it! HA HA Granny! :smiley: