Not good enough for my daughter

Right, so I’m in a ■■■■ mood and need truck cuddles.

As some know I’ve been with a new partner for a few months, last week I met her parents for the first time. She’s temp back living at home just now. She’s 26.

Today her parents turned round and said they think her and I should remain friends.

Why? Because I’m a truck driver.

Sorry but I chose this career, I don’t want to be a doctor or a lawyer. What ■■■■■■ me off is that I’m on a higher wage than one parent!

It’s nothing short of a status thing. ■■■■■■ off rant over.

What did their Daughter say when they came out with that comment? :confused: :confused: :confused:
At least you have a job and you pay your way, unlike nearly 3 million unemployed. :confused:
Anyway, who gives a toss what they think, they’ll be dead before you, (hopefully) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

So your in-laws view you with a sense of disappointment? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, most of my in-laws (and there have been a few) have disliked or dissaproved of me for one reason or another, but the basic crux of it was that I was in a relationship with their daughter and they didn’t like that! The various reasons given were simply a means to an end!

Get them into the ■■■■■■■ cab and see how they fair, silly old ■■■■■■■■■

So you drive for a living it is there daughter you are with not them & if you chose it will be her you live with not them

At least you still have a job unlike a lot ( some not of there doing )

Good luck

Mind having said that I wouldnt want my daughter to go out with a driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but I do work in the industry so can say something but if she is happy then fine dont really mind I cant lead her life for her

Man up you wimp! :imp: :laughing:
You’re always going to come up against this sort of thing.
The problem is her parents (probably her mother) has lost bragging rights with her friends, sad but true. :confused:

I knew a PO Stoker who kept a wheel spanner on the mantlepiece.

If any of his daughters potential suitors recognised the item, he booted them out of the door.

(old Navy joke, sorry)

W

muckles:
The problem is her parents (probably her mother) has lost bragging rights with her friends, sad but true. :confused:

Spot on,my mum loves to Brag to her friends that my sister has a masters degree etc,she’s not so keen to tell everyone that I drive a truck and she is always on about me re training to do a more ‘Professional’ job!!! :unamused:
Who gives a monkeys??..at 26 surely she’s old enough to make her own decisions not to have her parents decide for her??
I reckon you should keep the age old trucking tradition alive by abducting and murdering both her parents…problem solved and no-one will think any less of you for doing so,cause its kind of expected. :wink:

Bikemonkey:

muckles:

Spot on,my mum loves to Brag to her friends that my sister has a masters degree etc,she’s not so keen to tell everyone that I drive a truck and she is always on about me re training to do a more ‘Professional’ job!!! :unamused:
Who gives a monkeys??..at 26 surely she’s old enough to make her own decisions not to have her parents decide for her??
I reckon you should keep the age old trucking tradition alive by abducting and murdering both her parents…problem solved and no-one will think any less of you for doing so,cause its kind of expected. :wink:

“Murdering her parents” Hahaha

My ex Wifes Guardians, as farmers, actually approved of me doing a down to earth job like truck driving.

Good job I didn’t let on I intended to use my licence to fund my way through Teacher Training College.

W

Bikemonkey:

muckles:

My Mum was the same for a while, (a long time ago) her friends and relatives chlidren went to University, but when these people were leaving Uni and finding problems getting jobs, yet myself and my brothers could just knock on somebody’s door and get work, her attitude started to change.
Getting a job in motor racing and going all over Europe and further didn’t do any harm either. :laughing:

At least they have made their attitude plain, thats better and more admirable than smiling to your face and stabbing you in the back.

Unusual for a father to be like this, most dads are happy if their daughter manages to find a bloke able to get out of bed and go to work and who doesn’t take drugs or get ■■■■■■ out of his mind and turn into a seriously obnoxious creature every weekend…or sleep with anything that offers a quickie.

Sure its snot a bossy mother, and dad going along for a quiet life?

Remember…daughter will at some point morph into her mother in attitude and quirks certainly, sorry but its true.

Juddian:
At least they have made their attitude plain, thats better and more admirable than smiling to your face and stabbing you in the back.

Unusual for a father to be like this, most dads are happy if their daughter manages to find a bloke able to get out of bed and go to work and who doesn’t take drugs or get ■■■■■■ out of his mind and turn into a seriously obnoxious creature every weekend…or sleep with anything that offers a quickie.

Sure its snot a bossy mother, and dad going along for a quiet life?

Remember…daughter will at some point morph into her mother in attitude and quirks certainly, sorry but its true.

Thats right.
But drug taking Girls have often rich dad’s too

Lovlyperson:
Thats right.
But drug taking Girls have often rich dad’s too

Who mentioned “drug taking Girls”? :confused: :confused: Does the OP’s Girlfriend ‘do’ drugs? :confused: :confused: Do you know something we don’t? :confused: :confused: Maybe you buy yours from her? :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

If the op lived anywhere in the country, but Glasgow I would not be surprised at this tale as a class 1 driver is considered very low status job. But here in Glasgow being a class 1 driver makes you upperclass, even considered a high flyer, rich and successful. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

muckles:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Don’t worry they will like him even less when he gets her in the club :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bikemonkey:

I’ve got a Masters Degree and drive a truck - It don’t mean jack really its about doing what you want to do :wink:

Bikemonkey:

muckles:

Spot on,my mum loves to Brag to her friends that my sister has a masters degree etc,she’s not so keen to tell everyone that I drive a truck and she is always on about me re training to do a more ‘So-called Professional’ job!!! :unamused:

FTFY. You’re welcome. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

My mother-in-law didn’t like me, til she realised how nice I am.

of course you could go back and tell them you lied about your job as the truth is even worse.
You’re really a Merchant Banker. :laughing:

I bet they are not thinking of the children, or are they?? :open_mouth:

muckles:
of course you could go back and tell them you lied about your job as the truth is even worse.
You’re really a Merchant Banker. :laughing:

How is that worse■■? :confused: :confused: :confused: