Not good enough for my daughter

i had the same cold shoulder treatment with a Portuguese mother in law,it caused a fight between me and her,when they borrowed my car without my consent,i was good enough for that,the same,while going out with a Colombian girl,i was a camionero,and got run down comments from her and a few fists in the face when she was drunk,she did the hitting,i just took it,a man does not hit girls.

Interesting reading. I can sympathise with you stagedriver. My girlfriend’s an Oxford graduate, did her masters degree at LSHTM, and she should be finishing her PhD in parasitology next autumn…and I drive a truck :smiley: In fact, the entirety of my qualifications are listed in my signature!

Her mum’s great, she’s more interested in how I treat her daughter rather than what I do for a living. I’m not looking forward to meeting her dad, however! He wants my girlfriend to only be with blokes with plenty of money - I can understand that he wants the best for her, but he’s also disappointed in her as he doesn’t think she will make enough money in a career as a research scientist, and he wishes she’d become a banker :open_mouth: :open_mouth: He sounds like a bit of a ■■■■■■■ to me, and my girl doesn’t think very highly of him either, so I’m not too bothered about what he says to me. But being her father he has the potential to make our lives difficult.

I haven’t met him yet, he’s kinda estranged from her family and works abroad, however he’ll be back in the spring and I’ll have the joyful task of telling him what I do for a living - I don’t know whether he’ll be especially miffed by the fact that I drive trucks, but I suspect he’s capable of such ignorance. I’m also looking forward to letting him know that I barely make enough money to keep my head above water, let alone build up a healthy savings pile!

Ah well, bring it on! :laughing:

British parents are a hypocrits when it comes to who can or who can’t go for their daughters.They’ll say on the one hand that the Asian idea of arranged marriages is all wrong and then effectively want the same thing for their own daughters when it suits them.

Look on the bright side she could have been that age or younger and you could have been over 40 in which case it wouldn’t have been the job you’re doing that bothered them and these days you’d be getting a lot more aggro from just about everyone not just her parents. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Nice post some Men will never be good enough other parents will be happy to see the daughter gone so stick with it at 26 she is no longer a baby and when she knows that you wont have to worry about what anyone thinks

This made me laugh cos my wife is ever so “ok yar” horse and hounds type. Similar thing happened to me. Bed room antics she shouts "i’m arriving, i’m arriving! ooo i’ve arrived " me? i just shout the usual. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

here’s what to say.
are you against the fact that i’m a truck driver, or is it because my family are well known for making a fortune in the slave trade? just because my father is a lord, and i have no choice but to inherit his bloody title, and all the lands that come with it isn’t my fault. attending royal weddings all over europe is such a bore.
anyway, gotta go, on the ■■■■ with wills, and harry tonight. ta ta.

tbf my inlaws aint to bad its the missus what is my problem HA :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Solve the problem by getting the mother drunk, get her into bed and film the event. This will ensure her silence plus you will be able to keep the film for those long nights away!

andi_cardiff:
Solve the problem by getting the mother drunk, get her into bed and film the event. This will ensure her silence plus you will be able to keep the film for those long nights away!

Honestly, if you had a brain you’d be dangerous.

Was with me ex before last 4 years her mum didnt like me, was with my ex 2 years and was best mates 2 years before that, her mum thought the sun shined out of my [zb] then we got together she started drifting away and ignoring me so too speak then said we wernt right together and I’m basicully a [zb] (funny how she thought I was so great when we was mates), so hell face it accept it like I accept it and the fact I’m a [zb] :laughing:

Seeing as this hasn’t been said already.

This thread is pointless without pics (of your lass), not the in laws lol

Dont rise to it, if your lass likes you for you then thats all that matters, even if your are a filthy dirty trucker :stuck_out_tongue:

you could admit to being a filthy dirty trucker, then explain to her father, that his daughter is a filthy dirty tart, and that is why you get on so well.

OP, I say that as long as you and your mrs are happy then its tough ■■■■ for the parents etc. As said previously, they should be happy that their daughter is with somebody who is in full time employment and not somebody milking the system etc. My inlaws do a big christmas gathering and they have jobs ranging from a GP, a solicitor, a project manager and a doctor to name a few. They are all really nice to me, guess Im lucky. Either way they have to like that I drive for a living, only see them once a year anyway :astonished:

You could smash her mum’s back doors in and bring her round to your way of thinking. It worked for me.

I should of bribed my Ex’s mum before last I should of said I want you to shut the zb up or I will post this naked picture I have of you up on facebook :grimacing: would of been priceless, still got that pic somewhere of the dirty ■■■■ :laughing:

After studying to become a Vet, I annonced to his parents that I was going on to drive trucks for a living, after this they had decided I was no longer good enough for their son and quite honestly made our lifes a misery.
As long as your both happy then thats all that matters, dont worry what anyone else thinks!

Good luck!

Tell that stupid ■■■■■ of your girl, you may only be a trucker but you see more of the country in a week or month that they will never see in their lifetime!

You’re not stuck in an office ‘pressure cooker’ type environment, and looking at the same 4 walls day in day out.

Just remind her…

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT!!! You ignorant wench! :imp:

Or according to her, the fairies brought it. :unamused:

Goldfinger:
Tell that stupid ■■■■■ of your girl, you may only be a trucker but you see more of the country in a week or month that they will never see in their lifetime!

You’re not stuck in an office ‘pressure cooker’ type environment, and looking at the same 4 walls day in day out.

Just remind her…

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT!!! You ignorant wench! :imp:

Or according to her, the fairies brought it. :unamused:

Why would he say all that to his ‘girl’, she’s not the one with the problem? :unamused: :unamused:

Point out to her parents they should be thankful for small mercies, you used to be a [zb]ing copper. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

If the boy likes the girl and the girl likes the boy then every thing else is of little consequence.