Did He Not See The Trailer Across The Road?

Maybe I’m just getting cynical after 22yrs driving. But, imagine it had been a family that pulled out of the cafe, and left their caravan sticking out into the carriage way. And a truck ploughs straight into the side it, rolls the truck and the drivers killed. Wonder if the jury would return the same verdict…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ekoh:
Maybe I’m just getting cynical after 22yrs driving. But, imagine it had been a family that pulled out of the cafe, and left their caravan sticking out into the carriage way. And a truck ploughs straight into the side it, rolls the truck and the drivers killed. Wonder if the jury would return the same verdict…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^
i can just see the headines…

SHOCK HORROR TRAGEDY A66 CARNAGE. FAMILYS HOLIDAY NIGHTMARE IN CARAVAN DISASTER ORDEAL WITH THUNDERING JUGGERNAUT!!!1.
FAMILY OF 5 ARE BEING TREATED IN CARLISLE HOSPITAL FOR SHOCK AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RECEIVING COUNSELLING AND THERAPY DUE TO NEAR MISS LUCKY ESCAPE DISASTER.FAMILY HOLIDAY RUINED AND CARAVAN DESTROYED…truck driver also killed. :open_mouth:

So the actual lorry involved in the fatal on the A66 would off been across the lanes something like this chap did on another road then?

I despair when I read some of the comments on here.The clip above shows how stupid some drivers are but luckily that one was in daylight and easily seen.I wonder how many of you that are so keen to blame the Audi driver would still be alive today if you had been driving your car? The lorry driver made a big mistake blocking the carriageway especially in the dark and it caused a fatality.
These type of situations happen day in day out with drivers doing silly unsafe manouvres but luckily most of the time they get a way with it.It’s all very sad as is any fatality but try to face reality and learn from a bad situation instead of twisting everything to make it look like it was more the cars fault.

ajt:

dieseldog999:
crucified by a jury that will know absolutely nothing about truck driving and reality stopping distances,and a female judge that will know even less.
if the driver was rich his defence would have taken the jury out to the stainmore and 1 at a time had them come out in the passenger seat to turn right.
bus at usual its easy meat and the driver is penalised way ott.
your meant to be able to drive withing your stopping distance. a kid in an audi at 5-20 in the morn no doubt would have been a regular traveler on that road and should be aware of his surroundings and driving accordingly which obviously he wasnt,hence its his fault entirely.
x ray vision and being clairvoyant isnt part of a drivers dcp,and you can see blind spots easier at night because of headlights being used.
the kid wasnt observant enough and got killed due to that fact.

The jury did go out to Stainmore.

As someone said, female judge mixed with a jury who have no clue about trucks and you get a predictable outcome like this.

ajt. what difference do you think it would have made if the judge and jury had known about trucks just as a matter of interest?