Diary of dieseldave's trip to the hospital carvery INC PICS!

Glad to hear you’re on the road to recovery, Dave :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Gute Besserung, Kumpel :exclamation: :exclamation:

sod that for a game of soldiers, i’ll stick with my leukemia, only loads of needles, no scalpels, get well soon

Very good Dave. Growing 1’6" isn’t going to be any easy feat thougth !!

Good read Dave and very amusing. Look forward to the next instalment :open_mouth: :laughing: .

Wow…hope you get well soon, Dave!!! :astonished:

DieselDave:
In keeping with the best traditions, here’s one we prepared earlier (last year '06.)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

BTW, that’s my right elbow, nicely healed.

Strewth that’s a relief, for a moment I thought you were bending over. :unamused: :laughing:

Inselaffe:
Glad to hear you’re on the road to recovery, Dave :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Gute Besserung, Kumpel :exclamation: :exclamation:

:smiley: Schon unterwegs :wink:

Mike-C:
Very good Dave. Growing 1’6" isn’t going to be any easy feat thougth !!

Too right Mike, but it’ll be great fun eating all those pies :smiley:

:laughing: Will I end up like Mr Creosote :question:

Rob K:
Good read Dave and very amusing. Look forward to the next instalment :open_mouth: :laughing: .

:smiley: Thanks for that Rob K they’ve had a go at both my elbows in the last 2 years. So I’m also wondering what the next instalment is going to be, cos there’s… and…, then there’s…

Spardo:

DieselDave:
In keeping with the best traditions, here’s one we prepared earlier (last year '06.)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

BTW, that’s my right elbow, nicely healed.

Strewth that’s a relief, for a moment I thought you were bending over. :unamused: :laughing:

That’s a fair point Spardo, I’ve been and had another look at it.

comes running back
:open_mouth: Blimey, I see what you mean. :blush: Thanks for pointing it out.

I’ve swopped the pics around and put some space between them.
:open_mouth: I honestly missed what it looked like. :open_mouth:
:blush: I do hope nobody was actually offended :blush:

GlesgaBill:
Wow…hope you get well soon, Dave!!! :astonished:

Thanks for that GlesgaBill, the stitches are just a tad tight at the moment, but if the other op is anything to go by, it’ll soon be back to rights.

biggusdickusgb:
sod that for a game of soldiers, i’ll stick with my leukemia, only loads of needles, no scalpels, get well soon

Glad to see you’re still making progress yourself biggus. Mine is a mere trifle compared to yours IMHO.

Scalpels ain’t so bad once you get used to them. :smiley:
TBH, the thing that bothers me most is the after effects of the general anaesthetic. :smiling_imp:

For anybody else needing surgery, please don’t be put off by my comment.
I’ve only related what happened to me, the anaesthetic affects different people in different ways. :wink:
In all fairness, any possible after effects are usually more of an inconvenience than a problem. :wink:

DoYouMeanMe?:
Good job you are near to such a good Hospital. Oulton park crashers swear by the place.

That’s very true D.Y.M.M..

I had to do a re-qual on my First Aid at Work Cert there last October. I also learned that there’s an excellent purpose built training facility at the back of the main hospital, where in addition to the normal stuff, they also train the paramedics.
There’s also a well-equipped St John’s ambulance station, with modern ambulances as well.

John Aalborg:
I was trying to be funny and cute. Your elbows look better than mine without surgery!

It was funny John, perhaps you and I should do an “elbow” catwalk show and let the viewers decide :laughing:

You’ll win, because mine are surgically enhanced by having “modifications” fitted :smiley:

dieseldave:
You’ll win, because mine are surgically enhanced by having “modifications” fitted :smiley:

BIONIC Dave… Hmmmmm… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ps…i’m sure you’ll still be able to lift your wages & your pint no probs :wink: :smiley:

Those elbows belong in the freezer section at iceland dave :laughing:
Good to see your recovering with humour.
Hope this years better for you

GlesgaBill:
ps…i’m sure you’ll still be able to lift your wages & your pint no probs :wink: :smiley:

Hi GlesgaBill, thanks for that. :laughing:

I wouldn’t want to lift a pint, cos I’m a teetotaller, so I’ll stick to my mugs of tea. You’re spot-on about that though, I set myself a target of the weight of 2 mugs of tea as an exercise to regain strength, so I’d guess that’s about the same weight as a pint, but I’m not sure.
:smiley: I can report that the arm is capable of lifting my wages :wink:

JB:
Those elbows belong in the freezer section at iceland dave :laughing:

:laughing: PMSL, JB :laughing:

JB:
Good to see your recovering with humour.
Hope this years better for you

:open_mouth: It should be mate, but I’m just wondering which fault they’ll have a go at next. :confused:

:open_mouth: My fail-sheet at the hospital has more crosses than a pools coupon :laughing:

:open_mouth: PS: No jokes about comparing me to a Stralis here, you never know who’s reading this :wink:

Dave after last nights talk , I took a look through
the post here and,as a confirmed coward,
sooner you than me, i dislike visits to the medical
establishments,I hope that you have no further problems,
which make you have to visit that establishment again.