DHL - what do I have to do to get them to understand?

Rob K:
To put it very simply, I started a “scam” over 5 years ago

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:

TC:

Rob K:
To put it very simply, I started a “scam” over 5 years ago

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:

[zb]

Bit too close to call, but your behaviour elsewhere in this thread means that I’m being ruthless, smilies or not.L.

Rob I totally agree with you, a service you pay for should be first class, but, to take it out on the staff is wrong.

We regularly have samples of toy’s valued at only 20p each sent to us from China, the service costs us around £45 with TNT, but the inconvenience caused by delays within the “System” have a big effect on us, we cannot confirm orders worth £8,000 until we see the actual quality of the goods, the factory cannot start production until they recieve the confirmation order, the shippers cannot book the space on the vessels until they know the actual shipping date, we cannot sell the goods to our customers until we know the goods have left the docks in China. So yes I know where your coming from, but to take attitude with staff is the wrong way to go mate, I had problem after problem with Fedex, the amount of times the business post driver told them we did not exist in Fewster Square, or stated that he could not find us was unbelievable, Fedex even backed the driver until I sent them photographs of the premises by email,

A) The big sign on the outside of the office wall clearly stating Capitol Enterprises (2000) Ltd

Registered Importers

B) The big Header Sign above the shop on the ground floor below our offices which Read

Corky’s Discount Bargain Store (then underneath) a subsidiary of Capitol Enterprises (2000) Ltd with the address

Fedex soon intervened and a Business post manager was sent up to our offices, and even found us straight away, strange how their driver could’nt. :confused: :confused:

If you ever want to Vent Anger on anyone, do it to the Managing Director, I do, and as an MD myself, I do not tolerate anyone being abusive to my staff, one Scottish guy from Milton Keynes phoned us on god knows how many occassions swearing down the phone because he had a complaint, each time he swore the staff hung up, until eventually his wife called and asked to speak to the MD, she was put through to me, she then went on to complain about a member of staff repeatedly hanging up on her husband, I simply stated, If I was being abusive to you, would you hang up? yes she replied, and I then told her, obviously we were on the same wavelength.

She put her husband on and we talked sensibly, it turned out his batteries were flat in his timer, but because of his initial agressive approach it took a long time to sort out.

Chill out, Calm down and be reasonable, did it not occur that anything could have happened during transit of the package?

Write to the MD and seek compensation, the threat of bad publicity goes a long way

Since this thread is now full of personal attack, the results of which have spilled out elsewhere on the forums, I am now calling a very definate halt.

This thread is now being given a YELLOW CARD[/i]
Keep it within the rules and on topic and it can continue.
One more step out of line and it goes.

Rob K:
To put it very simply, I started a “scam” over 5 years ago which enabled people to escape paying for something. This guy in Switzerland sends me inside info from the company he works for every year

Wonder what that scam is then.
is it cookoo clocks. Going cheap? :laughing:
Or
Is it cookoo clock fetish wear. :blush: :laughing:

muckles:

Rob K:
To put it very simply, I started a “scam” over 5 years ago which enabled people to escape paying for something. This guy in Switzerland sends me inside info from the company he works for every year

Wonder what that scam is then.
is it cookoo clocks. Going cheap? :laughing:
Or
Is it cookoo clock fetish wear. :blush: :laughing:

Can’t say :exclamation: It’s a tidy little earner that’s all I’ll say :smiling_imp:

Davey Driver:
Rob I totally agree with you, a service you pay for should be first class, but, to take it out on the staff is wrong.

We regularly have samples of toy’s valued at only 20p each sent to us from China, the service costs us around £45 with TNT, but the inconvenience caused by delays within the “System” have a big effect on us, we cannot confirm orders worth £8,000 until we see the actual quality of the goods, the factory cannot start production until they recieve the confirmation order, the shippers cannot book the space on the vessels until they know the actual shipping date, we cannot sell the goods to our customers until we know the goods have left the docks in China. So yes I know where your coming from, but to take attitude with staff is the wrong way to go mate, I had problem after problem with Fedex, the amount of times the business post driver told them we did not exist in Fewster Square, or stated that he could not find us was unbelievable, Fedex even backed the driver until I sent them photographs of the premises by email,

A) The big sign on the outside of the office wall clearly stating Capitol Enterprises (2000) Ltd

Registered Importers

B) The big Header Sign above the shop on the ground floor below our offices which Read

Corky’s Discount Bargain Store (then underneath) a subsidiary of Capitol Enterprises (2000) Ltd with the address

Fedex soon intervened and a Business post manager was sent up to our offices, and even found us straight away, strange how their driver could’nt. :confused: :confused:

If you ever want to Vent Anger on anyone, do it to the Managing Director, I do, and as an MD myself, I do not tolerate anyone being abusive to my staff, one Scottish guy from Milton Keynes phoned us on god knows how many occassions swearing down the phone because he had a complaint, each time he swore the staff hung up, until eventually his wife called and asked to speak to the MD, she was put through to me, she then went on to complain about a member of staff repeatedly hanging up on her husband, I simply stated, If I was being abusive to you, would you hang up? yes she replied, and I then told her, obviously we were on the same wavelength.

She put her husband on and we talked sensibly, it turned out his batteries were flat in his timer, but because of his initial agressive approach it took a long time to sort out.

Chill out, Calm down and be reasonable, did it not occur that anything could have happened during transit of the package?

Write to the MD and seek compensation, the threat of bad publicity goes a long way

I sympathise Davey - must be a nightmare to finally get the wheels in motion.

I am actually one to take my complaint to the top if I don’t get anywhere with the drones in the office but with the exception of Marbles credit card company, most have been fruitless. It’s like banging your head against a wall with them. I got a very nice wad of cash back in compensation with Marbles after they failed to set up a direct debit and I initially ended up nearly £2000 further in debt in interest and alleged non-payment charges. I got all the interest refunded plus about another £200 of interest on top, a £150 good will gesture for the problems they caused and they also extended the 6 months 0% interest (which had run out two months previously, hence the interest incurred) by another 6 months :slight_smile: . Result :slight_smile: .

Somehow I can’t see the same happening with DH-Hell but it’ll give it a whirl on Monday and see how far I get. They will have probably sent the flaming thing back by then though, knowing what they’re like.

As I said above, this is a yearly thing and it’s been sent by DHL once before and SOL the two years before that, each time with problems. Originally it started with UPS iirc and no problems whatsoever and very helpful and professional staff.

So yet another botch up by a delivery company…how i sympathise with rob…we all do it when ordering…dont deliver after this time…or before that time…they spend ages trying to write the details …and then you arrive home only to find they have been already…why dont these companies listen…it certainly lighten their fuel bill…
another annoying thing is this…a lot of shops now just ask for your post code on items you want delivered…and time after time i have to tell them the address is wrong…example…
ME…i want to order that washing machine (gave all details)
THEM how would you like to pay (holding my credit card at the time)
ME cash
THEM but you have a credit card
ME yes i know…so why ask how !
So eventually askes usual questions name etc then comes the post code bit after telling them they then tell me where i live…wrong …re-ask for my postcode and re-tell me my address wrong again…so i explain that the postcode is correct and the street where i live is correct…and 3 days later they deliver it to the wrong address and phone me to ask where i live…and they say the english education system is the best…i doubt it…
have a nice day…

Sorry Truckyboy, their address database is obviously more accurate than reality. I have the same thing, my address isn’t on most people’s databases either. Causes no end of problems.

my dads a courrier for dhl and the stuff they ahem lose in amazing so they probbly lost it when i sent a laptop they turned up to collect it my dads says hopefully youll get it back but dont be surprised if it get lost fortunatly i came back but the stories he tells me are unbeaivable :laughing: id oder another mate it probbly gone into the great dhl lost bin

I’ve worked for most of the big parcel companies in my time, and they all ■■■■! They’re much of a muchness, outdated systems, things get lost in the system so often it’s untrue.
Many of the people there don’t care a darn, some do though, but they’re a rarity. I’d never send anything via a parcel company that wasn’t extremely well packed and utterly annonymous apart from delivery address.

I’ve always found DHL (the old one) to be the most helpful/useful one, with Securicor Omega Express in second place (only because their DC is just down the road from me, so I can pop in very easily). Parcelfarce are pretty terrible, but the crown has to go to UPS (Useless Parcel Service) - the last time I had the misfortune of dealing with them, they would only deliver 9am-5pm, only to the delivery address on the package (not to a neighbour), and they didn’t allow collections from the DC. So as I work 9-5, I was completely stuffed.

A friend of mine was coming over from the US to visit us, and rather than hand-carry all the presents over, she UPS-ed them (3-day service IIRC) on 12th December. They finally arrived mid-January, and UPS blamed UK customs, although their own tracking system showed that the parcel never left California until after New Year.

Rob K:
. Originally it started with UPS iirc and no problems whatsoever and very helpful and professional staff.

Recently took UPS a full week to bring me a catalogue from a company under 10 miles away :unamused:
…and then only after much chasing by myself. When the driver eventually did deliver it, he extremely rudely walked away as I was talking to him.

I could have gone for it & been home again in well under an hour.

deliveries are attempted three times by DHL with a card left on each occasion before the items are placed in the “cage” for collection by recipient or return to sender.

if you wish your parcel to be delivered to a neighbour, left in the porch or round the back etc, then you must leave written authorisation signed by yourself that the driver can take with him in place of a POD.

every evening DHL send out consignments on a “sameday” vans for problem parcels where they have messed up and the customer demands delivery.

03sprinter:
deliveries are attempted three times by DHL with a card left on each occasion before the items are placed in the “cage” for collection by recipient or return to sender.

if you wish your parcel to be delivered to a neighbour, left in the porch or round the back etc, then you must leave written authorisation signed by yourself that the driver can take with him in place of a POD.

every evening DHL send out consignments on a “sameday” vans for problem parcels where they have messed up and the customer demands delivery.

3 times eh :question: Funny that. Okay, first time they did attempt delivery and left a card. But when I went to their office to pick it up they said that thwe courier had it. So why wasn’t there a card waiting on my door-mat when I got home then ?

Not good enough.

As a sideline to the story, got home tonight to find a delivery card on the doormat from Reality. “Left at side of steps” it says and true to their word there’s a parcel sat there, soaked to a soggy mush of cardboard and no doubt with the contents completely ruined with the heavy rain we’ve had today. Hang on though, I haven’t ordered anything :confused: . A look at the label says “MRS M HOBSON, [same house number and road name but ROAD whereas I live in STREET and a totally different post code]”. I belled them up on the number provided on the card and told them about it. “Just leave it where it is, someone should be round to collect it in 14-28 days” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .