DGSA Officer

albion:
Yes, that works for me.

nsmith and I amuse each other by being polar opposites. Yes there poring over his spreadsheets and I’m bumbling along with my theory of as long as drivers wages plus fuel is 50% of your charge, you are about right.

Keep it simple!

good_friend:
Years ago, in my previous life (before I started truck driving), I used to have to go and see the Finance Director for a weekly meeting. She had no sense of humour when I suggested to her that as long as I had more money coming in than I was spending in my department we were fine

I still work on that assumption TBH :smiley:

I assume the two of you are familiar with the “Peter Principle” and one of its developments the "Dilbert Principle"? Easily observable in larger organisations one deals with from the outside Id suggest.
Laurence Peter says people who are competent in a job get promoted until they no longer perform well enough to get promotion, hence they end up in a job they cannot do well.
Dilbert says (in speech bubbles) people who are incompetent in key positions are promoted into “managerial roles” to get them out of the way of the good workers.
There is another idea that a good shopfloor worker deserves promotion. So any good “widget makers” are made into pen pushers and bad “widget makers” are left inpost. That must have a name too?

Widget principle?

So Franglais, are you suggesting that myself and Albion are bad workers?

Careful here ( :smiley: :smiley: ) remember I have red hair :laughing: :laughing:

What bought me out of my ‘proper job’ was actually meetings. If I never have to go to another meeting again I will be a happy girl. If they leave me alone in my lorry to listen to heavy rock and peer out the window I will be fine

good_friend:
So Franglais, are you suggesting that myself and Albion are bad workers?

Clearly, Albion and yourself have been underpromoted. :smiley:

good_friend:
Widget principle?

Hmmm. Might work. How about if it was written as a Formula

WM^
Therefore +NWM-WM
Because W20
( WidgetMaker of superior output is elevated
Add New Widget Maker take away original Widget Maker
New Widget Maker is less than original Widget Maker
Tends to zero )
That Formula could be coupled (with some alliteration?) to a name maybe?? Any ideas■■?

Underpromoted? I’m the MD :smiley:

Rest of your equation, way over my (not so) pretty little head :wink:

I’m guessing Franglais doesn’t have much on today :unamused:

good_friend:

I’ll have a guess at this one… let’s see… it’s a Sunday and Franglais is in France.

That’s just a guess though. :wink: :laughing:

dieseldave:

good_friend:

I’ll have a guess at this one… let’s see… it’s a Sunday and Franglais is in France.

That’s just a guess though. :wink: :laughing:

Franglais don`t drive a fridge…

In truth I`ve been crawling around under a car. A 4 hour job has taken 3 weekends so far. Maybe I should try to cut down on my displacement activities? Give you all some respite from my…humour…

Don’t do that

You make me laugh and it’s a break from talking to myself

good_friend:
Don’t do that

You make me laugh and it’s a break from talking to myself

I think actually it may all be a sort of nervous, uncertain, black humour affecting me.
I worry for the future. Things are happening in the world today.
Spice Girls reforming… Albion being invited to see Good Friend…
It`s another worry for us mere blokes…what chance do we have?