Davie Malcolm

Neville 1:
Having met Davie… he is a Gentleman and one of the very few you could trust with a handshake and his word.
These days…its a different world… all contracts and rate cutting.
Best regards to him…wherever he is and whatever he is doing.

He’s still going as there was a advert in the local paper last week.

the maoster:
I remember a discussion about these guys a few years ago, but does anyone have any answers as to why they specced this particular axle configuration? Just curious really.

It gives you a 26 ton gross on the trailer bogie as opposed to 24 ton on a standard spread tri axle

josier:
Hi folks I worked with Davie(snr) until he went under. His son is DK Malcolm and he runs SAWYER trailers there is an affiliation there because after snr finished up, I worked for the son(DK Malcom) for a couple of weeks and the pay slips were from Sawyers in ireland… That was over 2 years ago. I believe Davie kept his beef and lamb contracts and was working with a freezer carrier down south that has been forced to close by VOSA for some tacho probs. I hear he is now looking for driver to start up adverts in local paper but i’ve not seen them. Good guy to work for.

Copy:
Looking for Class 1 HGV Drivers.
Shift patterns available four on - four off and six on - three off.
If interested please call myself, Beverly or Davie on (01387) 800677 or email a copy of your C.V to beverly@dkmalcolm.co.uk

Looking for part time drivers to cover Thur/Fri must be available to do nights out if required. For any further information please call Beverly on 01387 800677 or email a copy of your CV to Beverly@dkmalcolm.co.uk

This advert is for young davie(DK Malcolm) not be confused with Davie Malcolm. That the threads are about.

josier:
This advert is for young davie(DK Malcolm) not be confused with Davie Malcolm. That the threads are about.

Are you sure because the company name in the local paper isnt DK Malcholm, its a company calling its self something like RVS refrigerated transport.

Look at the reply email address on that advert dkmalcolm. So there must be another advert,if there is could you give me a pointer to it.