Davie Malcolm pictures

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of Davie Malcolm motor’s as i have seen a few photos of a volvo and it looks a well turned out motor and smart livery.

Cheers :smiley: :smiley:

Heres one i took a while ago.He loads alot of lambs out of an abbotair near me.
Sorry it’s not close up

Tonyb

gtilee:

Taken in rungis delivering fresh lamb

Taken in Dover a good paint job can make any fleet spec truck look good

Very nice fleet, loads of lights! :grimacing: They look amazing at night on the motorway, you can see them for miles,

Taken at The Stockyard Truckstop, Hellaby, Rotherham

All of Davie Malcoms trailers have a unusual axel layout, this is somthing to do with when carrying hanging meat to stop the truck swaying.

I’ve been wondering that for a while too. The last axle also seems to be a steering/self tracking axle, and the units seem to have a long wheelbase. Anyone know why?

Top photos there i like there motors very smart livery and not to much bling on lorries

Where do they run from?

Two bases one in Lympe in Kent and one in Dumfries area

gtilee:
Two bases one in Lympe in Kent and one in Dumfries area

There is one parked near me most weekends.I never see the driver in it,so i don’t know if he’s local or he’s weekended with alternative accomodation :wink: :wink:
Tonyb

gtilee:
All of Davie Malcoms trailers have a unusual axel layout, this is somthing to do with when carrying hanging meat to stop the truck swaying.

Does anyone know why this is ?

Also why is are his unit’s on this configuration, isnt that config usually seen on heave haul units ?(STGO’S)

James

:smiley:

Diminishing loads, manouverability & traction spring to mind, smart fleet of lorries Davie runs I’ve met him once when I bought a lorry from him, he’s a decent bloke & his kit is kept tip top.

Fly sheet

Heres the one I’ve bought off Davie, its yellow now & about to take to the road on March 1st.

come on john get them pics up of the new colours, she must look the biz now, regards paul.

fly sheet:

Heres the one I’ve bought off Davie, its yellow now & about to take to the road on March 1st.

Are they replacing the fleet ? I ask this as I’ve recently seen a few of these motors ‘For Sale’. (inc this one ).

Got a couple of left hookers on Uk plates too.

germangeezer:
come on john get them pics up of the new colours, she must look the biz now, regards paul.

Its too shiny to photograph yet Paul :open_mouth:

I put the airkit on Fleabay with no reserve & it made £51 I’m gutted :cry:

Cheers for photo’s so far, look forward to see your volvo when its all finished on the road.