DAMAGED TRUCKS

euromat:
Being recovered to Poland, i guess for parts…

Parts that will be back on the road

1989 Roscoff ferry

mervin:
1989 Roscoff ferry

Give us a clue then. How do manage to have such a massive crash on a ferry. Looks like the mezzanine fell on it.

1 old 1 newish

Nasty but the driver was OK & Is now 89 years old, I was told that a lady car driver overtook another vehicle when she would have hit the Foden head on, Regards Larry.

Nmp

This photo taken in the BRS repair centre at Irthlingborough around 1966ish

Dig

Nmp

C1467A9F-ABA7-428F-98F1-46290CA4282D.jpeg

Nmp

9665C134-A723-4207-AF65-EC0FACF8D1BC.jpeg

This photo taken on the approach to the Minnie Bridge in the Fitzroy river flood plain south of Derby in West Oz 1982.
The driver was thrown through the windscreen onto the road he suffered a few scratches and bruising but managed to walk 7km barefooted to the the main bridge over the Fitzroy where i picked him up.

Dig

DIG:
This photo taken on the approach to the Minnie Bridge in the Fitzroy river flood plain south of Derby in West Oz 1982.
The driver was thrown through the windscreen onto the road he suffered a few scratches and bruising but managed to walk 7km barefooted to the the main bridge over the Fitzroy where i picked him up.

Dig

Is that an F12 ?

robthedog:

DIG:

Dig

Is that an F12 ?

It was a Volvo but can’t recall which model 10 or 12.

DIG:

robthedog:

DIG:

Dig

Is that an F12 ?

A couple more of the Volvo.

Dig

SCAN0012.jpg

DIG:

DIG:

robthedog:

DIG:

Dig

Is that an F12 ?

A couple more of the Volvo.

I think he was lucky that was a strong Swedish cab not some flimsy American or he might not have been so lucky

If you crash into a bridge instead of crossing it and your engine and gearbox finish up under the lead trailers axles and the cab gets thrown off the chassis luck will play a part whatever your driving if you survive.
Dig

Turned over on its way to MOT test it goes without saying it never got tested until it was refurbed :laughing: :laughing:

There is damage but hard to know how bad.

Dig

IMG_20190815_120753.jpg

Driver said" brake fail" everyone else thought"brain", he jumped out n broke both legs

LT