M25 HGV Accident Sunday

Anyone else see the pic of the scania in the Sun today?

Soz cant find link for it, I saw it and thought OMFG!!!

Ta da!

What a smash, lucky to survive

Very lucky person indeed…has anyone rang him for 6 numbers between 1 and 49.

was it a Stobart truck sideguards look like it??

Get well soon mate whoever you are

Cheers bubsy, :wink:

I think he was VERY lucky!!! I could not believe it when I saw it!!
I mean, the driver seat is virtually on the bloody catwalk!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

looks like a stobbart truck to me too

and he/she got out of that alive :question:

:open_mouth:

He was pushed back 8ft. And suffered leg injurys.

One of the trucks was carrying stuff for mcdonalds.

OMFG how the hell did he survive that■■? that is astounding he’s still with us :open_mouth:

yeah defo a steady eddie, euro3 R series so 56 or older :cry: hard to tell but looks like his axle was up in first pic, dread to think what would have happened if he was heavy :confused:

Well from those pics the driver must have been on the forward facing top bunk in the Topline Scania and set the ‘controls for the heart of the sun’ :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
If he/she has survived that they are very very lucky indeed lots of drivers and friends have died in much smaller collisions :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not so sure about stobby now there is no writing (i.e. Stobart) on the front headboard area. and not a trace of green anywhere.
Could be an ex Stobart truck that has had the green wraparound graphics removed.

A DRIVER was trapped in a wreckage for more than three hours after two articulated lorries collided in a motorway crash.

Firefighters had to use three sets of hydraulic cutting equipment, as well as four electrically powered saws, in their efforts to release the 46-year-old man from his cab before he was rushed to hospital.

The clockwise stretch of the M25, between junction 30 and 31 at Thurrock, was shut after the incident, which happened shortly after 4.30am on Sunday morning, while police conducted an investigation.

It was reopened at 1pm later that day.

The man from Spalding, Lincolnshire, is currently in a serious but stable condition in Derwent Valley Hospital, Kent.

looks like a highline not a topline imo, hard to tell about the green wrap as the side of the cab has been opened up like a bake bean can :confused:
trailer looks like a rental fridge? this mota could be as old as a 54 plate so possible to be a ex steady eddie yes. :open_mouth:

■■■■ ! To the guy who was in that, you are so lucky to be a live and hope you have a fast recovery chap

From what I’ve heard its an Ex Stobbie truck now in private hands.

FFS why doesn’t someone paste those images on the rear doors of every trailer in the country.

Maybe then drivers will start to understand the dangers of driving too close…

Ski:
FFS why doesn’t someone paste those images on the rear doors of every trailer in the country.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: What an excellent idea Ski :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Much better that those "How’s my driving numbers " !!

Ski:

Problem is the drivers that are crashing are the ones that are not taking any notice of whats in front of them. So they wont notice the pics.

Thats two bad ones in 2 days.
M74 southbound monday,probably the worst smash i"ve seen in my life.boxer van and two lorries southbound jc 13,looked like the van had been dropped from the moon.the driver did not survive.
my heart sank as i passed it.
it brings home a few reality checks.
i also wonder how the likes of the emergency services deal with these situations afterwards.i know they may be used to it,but it must affect them somehow,even with counciling.

bubsy06:

Ski:

Problem is the drivers that are crashing are the ones that are not taking any notice of whats in front of them. So they wont notice the pics.

OK then, why not put them on billboards at the side of the road, Or even on those stupid trailers parked in fields along the side of M-ways, advertising all sorts of Cr.p.
You could set it up as 3 trailers in a row with about half a mile between them. First trailer, “keep watching, supprising scenes in the next mile”
2nd. picture of RTA
3rd, in bold letters " STAY ALERT "

Now tongue in cheek… You could put in different Eastern block languages too :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Thats one lucky chap If I was him I’d be putting some money on the lottery this weekend with luck like that

pierrot 14:
OK then, why not put them on billboards at the side of the road, Or even on those stupid trailers parked in fields along the side of M-ways, advertising all sorts of Cr.p.
You could set it up as 3 trailers in a row with about half a mile between them. First trailer, “keep watching, supprising scenes in the next mile”
2nd. picture of RTA
3rd, in bold letters " STAY ALERT "

i think this is very distracting from whats going on in front of you, especially if your trying to take a phone number or web address down from one of them.