Daf 105 cooling problem

Think you will find it is an electro magnetic clutch as used in air con systems.

Trickydick:

norb:

Trickydick:

norb:
There is a filter in the oil module that should be removed on first xs but that throws up oil pressure issues .Again correct DAF remove it ,fit it ,remove it lol…There isn’t a water filter on uk motors ,I know the states use them ,but not I the uk

Have you done any of the gauzes on the front of the MX12 engines? I left Daf just as they started doing them, gutted I was!

Norb if you do facebook its well worth joining the diesel mechanics forum, Paccar are having some serious issues with engines over in the USA some MX13 arent making a couple of hundred kilometres before totally seizing up, some sort of oil pump/pick up issue?
There was another post where all the paccar engined motors had to be disabled so they could not be started as directed by Paccar and another one where they were doing engine swaps, all the seized and none seized ones had to go back to Paccar still sealed up.
Its a good read as their trucks/running gear seem to be in the dark ages but their engines are the same as ours bang up to date, they still reckon drum brakes are the bees knees :grimacing:
Its like going back 20 years over here.

I’m in the fortunate position where I don’t do servicing …Though I have never seen a filter and I cant find one on parts rapido …We definitely don’t have the issue the yanks are having ,May be the Mexicans aren’t building the engines very well for the American market ,Trump wont be happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …Ive heard they are behind the times

I will see my mate in the next week or two as hes still there and will ask him to get me one of the front gauzes.
I can remember the arguments we had as we all said theres not one in the front of the engine, then someone worked it out and it was uh oh!
I did have one but threw it away its about 4 inches long and has a large female hex for an allen key either 17 or 19mm.

And what does a “coolant filter” do?
Reduce coolant flow? What a bloody good idea.
We stopped coolant contaminents and it didnt eat the liners
But the ■■■■■ engine siezed due to a blocked coolant flow.
Experts what can you say.

Just guessing here but I doubt very much a std spin on coolant filter will be full flow jobby.
The gauze on the other hand may well be, the one in the bottom of the water pump is quite large unlike the silly oil cooler module one.

Now Ive moved work we only have two MX12 the bulk of the Dafs are the old indestructible PR lump, real powerhouse :grimacing:
Great engines diabolical wiring!