A bit of help, Daf XF105 460

Evening,chaps! I’ve got a Daf xf105 460,2007, euro 5,and it developed a problem,4 weeks ago, oil in a header tank,not much, but the header it did look like caffe machiato,from the oil. First,though,I was thinking,is the oil cooler,brought one from Daf’s,changed, took me a while to wash cooling system. I was running the truck for a day,only with water and dishwasher tablets and drain it,and all over again,for about 10 days,Every time,i was draining the water,was a bit of oil on a water,thinking it was the remaining oil from the system. Put anti freezer in,and the driver use it,for a good week,and on Monday morning,when I was check in the header tank,a big Surprise,the header tank,full of mixing oil and water,a proper cream. :open_mouth: . Well,apart to very pi…d off, my second though,is it the head gasket■■? I’ve took the rocker cover off,and it doesn’t seems like is the gasket,from a non proper mecanic,which I am. Engine,is not overheating, no extra pressure on a cap,on a header tank! :smiley: . P.S. When I replace the oil cooler,I did use the new o rings,which did come on a set. Any idea,what could be.it would be very,very,appreciated!! Regards,Ovi

did you replace the oil cooler back plate as well ■■ and not just the oil cooler,
or it will be the compressor, whats u/s

Only the oil cooler. I’ve check’t the air tanks,not a single drop of water in the air tanks,or oil. I’ve changed the air dryer cartridge,and it didn’t seems like it was a problem,there! To be honest,I don’t know what to say more! it drives me mad,to be honest!!!

Hi had a cooler go big time on an 85cf about a yr ago tried flushing the system loads of times,Daf dealers sell a special flush in 5gal drums its expensive but did work after about 3 flushes and each time the header tank had to be removed for a proper clean ill have a look tomorrow to see what its called.

could be compressor head gasket that is passing it through, a core plug, or cylinder head gasket,

another thing to look at is when the origional oil cooler may have went pop, the radiator cores may be clogged with ■■■■ which will stay ther for along long time. so alough uv flushed the system it is quite possible that the radiator is still blocked. steam it out at very least & try it?

TOECUTTER:
Hi had a cooler go big time on an 85cf about a yr ago tried flushing the system loads of times,Daf dealers sell a special flush in 5gal drums its expensive but did work after about 3 flushes and each time the header tank had to be removed for a proper clean ill have a look tomorrow to see what its called.

when we did mine we used the degreasing stuff from daf, chucked in 2 bottles and filled her with water and went and did a load with it, came back drained it, chucked 1 bottle in and filled with water and ran it for a day, drained it filled it with anti freeze n water n never had a problem after that.
the other problem you might get now and for the next few months is all the water hoses starting too burst as the oil will have been attacking the rubber

turco