Daf xf 105 HELP!

I greet you well ,everyone
I wonder if anyone can help… and give me some advice.
I just bought a Daf Xf 105, 460 , 2010 from a Dutch company . The tractor unit is a LHD and is meant to be used on the continent.
The day I bought it was a rainy day, and I couldn’t give it a proper check… :frowning:((
Engine sounds ok , drives well, gearbox changes smooth, but I realised some Vapors or a very light smoke coming out on the right-hand side ,between gearbox and exhaust pipe. I have tried to see where was coming from but NO luck. Outside was wet and I didn’t want to crawl under… Now I feel sorry I didn’t do it. Truck is still in Holland so No acces atm.
I took a couple short vids

I gratefully appreciate all the advice and help I can get thanks

sendvid.com/avo6ldlc
sendvid.com/hukjrzg4

Looks like exhaust gasses from the first video so I would be checking the exhaust and egr system for leaks.

Thanks mr.H !!! Im hoping is just that, and nothing major… If it is only gas from exhaust / EGR can be easily fixed… I think…■■? . I hope is not Smoke from crankcase breather hose !!! Cos’ that could mean the engine is tired… :frowning:

p.s. truck has 740.000 Km. on the clock

You’d notice it with what was coming out the exhaust if there was that much getting past the rings.

Looks like the breather pipe to me.
If the engine have been standing a while, or has been proper heated up, the condensation is amazing what comes out the breather pipe.
You cannot really see anything until the engine is proper warm.
In general 740k doesn’t mean much for a Daf engine.

Looks to me like the flange or flexible leaking.

You bought a truck in the rain, without inspecting it?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:unamused:

Thanks everyone for your opinions…
Now, from what I know ,
The truck was stationary for a while
Yes, I bought it on a rainy day… :frowning:
I did check it as much as I knew…
Over a period of two hours, engine was on and off… but it never climbed 80c temperature.
The truck has a self-stop program after 2 minutes of inactivity if left on idle

Our 15 plate Mercs (and from what I’ve seen on other new models) kick out a similar ‘smoke’ from the offside when it’s a bit nippy and they’ve been parked up all weekend and for the first 5 minutes or so of driving until they get properly warmed through so I doubt it’s anything major…but, maybe worth checking out with Norb on here

I know DAF are not really,shall we say high tech,but most modern engines breath into the induction system to meet emission standards,maybe somebody has just re routed the breather hose to vent to atmosphere.

could only really see what owt on the first vid - just looked to be comin from the breather - that wouldn’t worry me at all

Many thanks everyone for your help :slight_smile: