Daf temp

hi all i run a 07 xf105 super space the temp runs just over halfway but goin up birdlip the other night 22 tons it went up to the red its fine the rest of the time anybody running dafs is this normal

Did the cooling fan cut in?

Yes normal get the rad flushed out and cleaned which should sort the problem. The sensor is also prone to failure.

cav551:
Did the cooling fan cut in?

Yes matefan cuts in ok

Plambert:
Yes normal get the rad flushed out and cleaned which should sort the problem. The sensor is also prone to failure.

Thanks mate

i currently drive the same truck on a 57plate mannual mine sits around halfway but when climibing up hills it tends to climb to around 3/4 of the way just keep an eye on the water level; mine got hot a couple weeks back when the fanbelt snapped but luckily it doesnt seem to of done any damage but i check the water every day without fail as im always heavy and doing as much as i can to prevent it overheating again

Alarming temp gauge rise on hill climbs seems to be a bit of problem on quite a few modern trucks always worse if you’re behind another truck. The amount of gubbins in front of the rad is ever increasing though intercooler, aircon etc. so by the time the air actually hits the rad it’s already lost some of its cooling effect.

Problem is that before the air gets to the radiator it has to get through an air conditioning condensor then an intercooler then the radiator core.

All the dust and muck is slowed down by the 2 previous heat exchangers and can lodge in the vanes of the radiator matrix and block it up.

Good cure is to make a thin “wand” about a meter long of 10 mm pipe.,squeeze it down to about 5 mill in a vice ,block the end and drill a few holes along its length.Braze an air coupling to the end and pass it between the rad,cooler and condensor then spray a hose pipe through the radiators while the engine is running to dislodge the baked on muck.Suprising how much crap get blown/washed out the cores.

Add on all the oil that gets spilt when topping up and which ends up glueing all the crap in place.