Cyclists colliding with other traffic

Winseer:

knight2:
Those POLiTE hi viz are hated by a lot of bikers, me included and are bordering on imitating a police officer. You’ve got to be some sort of part to dress up like that.

Is it better to be a spare part, be in need of spare part surgery, or just be a tool then?

Jury’s out… :stuck_out_tongue:

I find removing the baffles to be far more effective and altogether more pleasing.

knight2:
The best sign I seen on a truck was two identical ones, on the offside it said overtakers on the nearside undertakers, says it all simply.

I saw a truck once with mudflaps - one said Right Side, the other said Suicide

If getting the message across - saves even just a single life - then it’s worth having such warnings surely?

Bugger “Political Correctness.” Get the wisdom into general circulation then!

Winseer:
If getting the message across - saves even just a single life - then it’s worth having such warnings surely?

Bugger “Political Correctness.” Get the wisdom into general circulation then!

Not really my argument (I wouldn’t go anywhere near a busy city on my bike). But from what I hear and I am not without sympathy for their argument; Many of the signs appearing on the back of lorries seem to be on the lines of ‘You Must Not’ many seem to imply that it is illegal to cycle up the inside. If these signs become widespread and common it won’t be long before your average driver (of all types of vehicles) will start to think it is the law, and some nutters may think if the cyclists are breaking the law it becomes OK to knock them off. Meanwhile city planners are designing the roads for cyclists to undertake everyone - the situation is a complete mess and nobody seems to have a solution.

I can’t really make my mind up on the subject, clearly we can’t have home made laws no matter how well intentioned, but then making people think about the immense danger they are putting themselves in seems a very good idea.

on the rare occasions im forced to drive inside the M25 i try and keep my nearside tyres rubbing the kerb so the crazies have nowhere to go.

Captain Caveman 76:

Winseer:
Now that we truckers get fined for passing too close to a cyclist, what is going to happen when a cyclist routinely runs a red light like in this article’s vid,
and comes a cropper - only with a truck hitting them instead of a car with a green light…? :open_mouth:

Ottawa cyclist collides with a car | Daily Mail Online

Emboldened by the thought that “He’ll stop - 'cos he’ll get fined it he doesn’t!” wont mean much if he’s going up the chimney next friday.
Cyclists still don’t appear to be educated in that a truck cannot stop on a sixpence.

Whatever happened to the cycling proficiency testing we used to do? Why can no one see that letting untrained, untested and unlicensed road users loose without supervision is a recipe for disaster.

i grew up once I passed mine, AGED 6 years old. :grimacing:

Winseer:

Conor:
Followed one truck down the A14 yesterday which had an illuminated sign the same as the no cyclists one on the bottom left side of the back of the trailer body. Thought that was a good idea.

Yeh… You’d think it would be bloody obvious to all concerned - but still… there’s no accounting for stupidity.

Wonder if there’s one at the top.

xamtex:
on the rare occasions im forced to drive inside the M25 i try and keep my nearside tyres rubbing the kerb so the crazies have nowhere to go.

that, my friend is called DEFENSIVE DRIVING! :grimacing:

peterm:

Winseer:

Conor:
Followed one truck down the A14 yesterday which had an illuminated sign the same as the no cyclists one on the bottom left side of the back of the trailer body. Thought that was a good idea.

Yeh… You’d think it would be bloody obvious to all concerned - but still… there’s no accounting for stupidity.

If this is Turin, then I reckon not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:

peterm:

Winseer:

Conor:

If this is Turin, then I reckon not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sacralige! That’s the remake, set in Los Angeles!

lucky person to have got up from that,might teach him a lesson [albeit a painful one]

m1cks:

Ooohh. I want one… :grimacing: