Overtake - Transam Trucking

Yeah he went past but cannot see an issue here.

I have noticed there is a rise in cyclist with cameras on there heads and reporting everyone who gets close to them.

Your views,

EDIT: Just noticed how old the video is but for some reason YouTube is telling me that it is a new video, so sorry for this, yet again, pointless post

This cyclist is getting told and it’s a brand new video,

■■■■■■■ cyclists (who pay no road tax and have no insurance) always seem to think that they should be allowed to take up the same size space as a Hummer.

For some reason cyclists like to live dangerously, most of them like to ride virtually in the middle of the road for some reason, and them tossers that ride around in a group all dressed in Lycra do my nut in, they ride 2 or 3 wide and make it as difficult as possible to over take on country roads :imp: :imp: :imp:

Lorry driver was spot on, he gave him plenty of room, too many cyclists buying these cameras and going out looking for trouble, sad barstuards :unamused:

Watch the first vid from 8 seconds, then just pause it and move it on manually, look how far out the cyclist is from not just the kerb but from the vehicles that are parked. Idiot. Sad life when you look at it on youtube and see how many people are posting video’s with registrations, get a life !

bubsy06:
Lorry driver was spot on, he gave him plenty of room, too many cyclists buying these cameras and going out looking for trouble, sad barstuards :unamused:

It’s getting ridiculous, none of us want to run over a cyclist but looking at the actions of some of them it will happen through no fault of a driver. It’s almost like there is a competition going on in the cyclist world, who can cause an overtaking lorry the most hassle and post it on YouTube .

First vid I don’t see a problem and 2nd vid same but I wouldn’t of wasted my time stopping.YouTube full of vids like these people jumping on the bandwagon showing how clever they are with their helmet cams.

I swear they go out to just get you tube videos

mickyblue:
I swear they go out to just get you tube videos

from a coppers mouth and i agree, youtube is full of cyclists videos where they have been the victim, 9 times out of 10 it is because they have peed ff the vehicle behind them.

I swear to god cyclists go looking for trouble half the time :unamused: When are they gonna learn there place is in the gutter and when the council do waste thousands painting cycles lanes they still dont bloody use them.

Both videos nothing wrong with them, both videos looked like there was a meter space that is plenty of room. If they are uncomfortable around large vehicles they should get off the roads.

You can see by the shadow in road on 2nd video how far he is cycling away from kerb, M & S driver was spot on to me when he said that, looks like this cyclist is baiting himself for a show down, it’s just another cyclist trying to make us all look like demons…
I had to go up Via Gellia in Derbyshire other week, anybody who knows this road will tell you it’s not the best road to drive on, I think twice before I use it on my motorbike because I view it as dangerous, yet there were loads of pushbikes using it, they all must have a death wish… :unamused:

There was one helmet with a camera that pulled out on me whilst I was on a roundabout. It was one above the A666 in Kearsley, and I was the one who had to take evasive action to avoid flattening him.

No matter where I look I still can’t find this vid on youtube

My gut feeling says that they edit some of the videos before they post them up. You never seem to see what happened before the over take do you?

I’m a cyclist, and people like this, I have to say the majority of cyclists give us a bad name, they cycle like complete idiots with no courtesy to other road users, I’m not here to dig HGV drivers, I attempt to give them as much space as possible on the road, I also know a driver very well. These cyclist only post videos for attention, they’re 9 times out of 10 in the wrong. I don’t agree that our place is “in the gutter” we all have a place on the road, there just needs to be better education for both the cyclist and drivers.

As I said not here to have a dig, just to put across a different view! Great forum by the way :slight_smile:

Plenty of room on both of them whinging ■■■■■ :smiley:

Duple:
I’m a cyclist, and people like this, I have to say the majority of cyclists give us a bad name, they cycle like complete idiots with no courtesy to other road users, I’m not here to dig HGV drivers, I attempt to give them as much space as possible on the road, I also know a driver very well. These cyclist only post videos for attention, they’re 9 times out of 10 in the wrong. I don’t agree that our place is “in the gutter” we all have a place on the road, there just needs to be better education for both the cyclist and drivers.

As I said not here to have a dig, just to put across a different view! Great forum by the way :slight_smile:

I am the same when i am on my motorcycle. I get tooted from behind from other users on the road because i am holding them up, but half of them haven;t noticed the lorry taking all the space on the roundabout, hence why i am holding back lol

Duple:

When the day comes that cyclists have to pass some sort of test to show competence on the road, pay for the proportion of road that they use and have a registration plate so that they can be fined for jumping red lights or riding on pavements or not displaying lights etc etc, then the time may come when it is time for them ‘not to belong in the gutter’.

Cyclists want us to be more considerate? Well it works both ways you know, when im running it fully freighted its alot harder to overtake safely than it is if im in a car, why not just pull over for a few seconds or better still use the designated cycle paths (that i see being ignored on regular occassions) and let me pass? Honestly why do they look for trouble :imp:

Helmet cameras? We should all be pushing to have the ‘Road hawk’ cameras as standard! Fight fire with fire! :imp:

We’ll be able throw something back at them if they want to be arsey at the roadside.

They can stay in the gutter for me too! :imp: They don’t pay road tax and insurance to use the highway so should stay off the highway and on the cycle paths that have sprung over recent years!