Cumbria companies

kevmac47:

harry_gill:

kevmac47:
0How brave am I Harry? I took these shots this morning about the same time I posted my last message :smiley:
I was tipping at EWM Kingstown. The Scania is mine. Their drawbar trailers are all on “A” frame, not
12the easiest “barra” to shunt about eh? regards Kev.

Sorry if the text is mixed up I dont know what I’ve done wrong.

hiya,
Will the “barra” shown take you up to retirement Kev.
thanks harry long retired.

Definitily Harry, This time next year I will be taking a leaf out of your book and letting the State
help to keep me,(the bride also). I never thought about retiring until two years ago but I think
the time has now come to call it a day. I have heard on the grapevine that they are going to
have a big party in London starting on the27th of July and they are trying to keep it secret
by saying it’s the Olympic Games :smiley: :smiley: but between you and me it’s all a smokescreen for
my retirement party. regards Kev. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Ps. Do you think you could manage the torch to
light the candles on my cake.

hiya,
Kev a lot of candles, might be better with a flamethrower, now London and parties my old fellah took me to London in a four wheeeler Morris Commercial Dad pointed out the Skylon at the Festival of Britain “I saw it briefly” from the passenger side window when passing the site Dad announced at the time that that was my birthday surprise, so Kev there could be something in your thinking I’ll have a word with Larry he’ll be sure to know…
thanks harry long retired.

hi bewick the , truck from curlys i think it might have being g reg flat roof ,no name board.

shortstuff:
hi bewick the , truck from curlys i think it might have being g reg flat roof ,no name board.

Your right there SS it didn’t have a headboard,had a Gardner 180 engine though although I think Curly preferred the ■■■■■■■■ Were you involved in that episode when he had 3 ERF’s in the same accident? He’d just restored one of his D reg tractors and it was in the middle C U R U N C H !!! Go on give us the full SP !!! Cheers Bewick.

sorry bewick,happened before i started ,i think it happened in cardiff,first one stopped at a set of traffic lights then crunch crunch, what made it worse one left the engine running not not noticing the radiator was leaking and seized the engine,

marchon whitehaven

shortstuff:
sorry bewick,happened before i started ,i think it happened in cardiff,first one stopped at a set of traffic lights then crunch crunch, what made it worse one left the engine running not not noticing the radiator was leaking and seized the engine,

Poor Curly had his share of “lumber” over the years,I recall one incident he had on our doorstep on the A6 at Beetham when,I think it was his wifes nephew,put a coil through the headboard and it was sat in the chassis ! When Curly turned up from Hackthorpe in about half an hour he took one look and chased his nephew down the footpath towards Milnthorpe and threatened to kill him if he got his hands on him!! I kid you not !! I think he drove the unit with the coil in it to Hudsons to have it lifted out. He was mad though and I believe it was only Maggie that kept gadgy in a job,Curly would have outed him,I think he came to work for them when Curly got a KM Bedford 4 wheeler when 16 tonners were de-licenced and only needed an operators licence. The Testing Station lot used to get him annoyed at times because they just loved failing motors like Curly’s and ours and one or two other well maintained fleets.Those were the days,Cheers Bewick.

wcbp

wcbp

hodgeturbo:
wcbp

Hiya Paul.WCBP must have stopped buying R cab Scanias and dropped onto P cabs,I bought 5x A reg R cabs that were ex WCBP and they wern’t 3 year old from memory eh! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
wcbp

Hiya Paul.WCBP must have stopped buying R cab Scanias and dropped onto P cabs,I bought 5x A reg R cabs that were ex WCBP and they wern’t 3 year old from memory eh! Cheers Dennis.

I only remember WCBP running Atki Borderers in a brown livery,or was it olive green,back in the 70s.
Any photos of that era for an owd 'un? :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
wcbp

I only remember WCBP running Atki Borderers in a brown livery,or was it olive green,back in the 70s. Any photos of that era for an owd 'un? :stuck_out_tongue:

It was olive green Chris and then they changed to Orange cabs with black chassis and bumper then they were taken over by Tankfreight eventually. cheers Dennis.

This is a shot of three of the five ex WCBP 112’s I bought prior to them going through the paint shop.The 111 was just out of service awaiting collection by the local Training Services group who stretched it into a 6 wheel flat.I was told that it ended up on the IOM !! I wonder if it is the one that Chris drives on neets? Its dead simple to drive 'cause it only has 5 forward gears!!! Them were’t day’s our Maurice !! Cheers Dennis.

Hello Chris Webb,
Do you remember Dennis Clarkof WCBP??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Chris Webb,
Do you remember Dennis Clark or son Stephen Clark (Transport Manager) of WCBP??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hi CG.Sorry,no.I didn’t know any drivers or staff at WCBP. I just used to see them every time I went into Marchon,I think they mostly carried sulphur,not sure.It was a long time ago.

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
wcbp

I only remember WCBP running Atki Borderers in a brown livery,or was it olive green,back in the 70s.

i havent got any atki pics but i know a man that might next time i see him i will ask chris

hodgeturbo:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
wcbp

i havent got any atki pics but i know a man that might next time i see him i will ask chris

Thanks Paul,it’s the only livery of their’s that I remember.

Bewick:
This is a shot of three of the five ex WCBP 112’s I bought prior to them going through the paint shop.The 111 was just out of service awaiting collection by the local Training Services group who stretched it into a 6 wheel flat.I was told that it ended up on the IOM !! I wonder if it is the one that Chris drives on neets? Its dead simple to drive 'cause it only has 5 forward gears!!! Them were’t day’s our Maurice !! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis,that 111 would be fine with a 5 speed box over here,ideal for night trunking. :laughing:
I wonder who operated it on the island,what year roughly are we talking about?

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

Dennis,that 111 would be fine with a 5 speed box over here,ideal for night trunking. :laughing:
I wonder who operated it on the island,what year roughly are we talking about?

It’s just what “yappie” told me Chris when I was round at his yard one day.I could’nt say exactly but that shot in the depot would be about '87 and then it spent a good number of years with Lancaster Training Services so we maybe talking 10/12 years ago.If I see “yappie” in the near future I’ll ask him,but he may even see this post and shed some light on the matter sooner. Cheers Dennis.

Hell Chris Webb,
Thats OK, I thought I would ask though as both of them are family members of mine.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Heres Markey Transports only lorry now after they sold them all off in 2008.
■■■■■■■■ Gill