Crack on to macon the return

HaHaHa Ronnie is doing well at the moment he has a nice fleet of FH12’s and one Scania look for the motor’s with RF Hunt Transport
Woodentop drive’s the Scania Tony and Alan Warner are on there and Ronnie’s boy young Ronnie is now working for him i thinki he has about 12 motor’s now all 100% legit and as i said he is doing well and good luck to him as well, Archie when you back in the UK i will give you a ring to catch up mate ain’t spoke to you in age’s, drive careful one and all .

CRACK ON TO MACON:
HaHaHa Ronnie is doing well at the moment he has a nice fleet of FH12’s and one Scania look for the motor’s with RF Hunt Transport
Woodentop drive’s the Scania Tony and Alan Warner are on there and Ronnie’s boy young Ronnie is now working for him i thinki he has about 12 motor’s now all 100% legit and as i said he is doing well and good luck to him as well, Archie when you back in the UK i will give you a ring to catch up mate ain’t spoke to you in age’s, drive careful one and all .

Hullo again Bob,
Wow ! yes he is doing well, and as you say Bloody Good Luck to him. I agree with you. Alan and Tony plus Woodentop all on there ? bloody hell, where to they stop for Dinner ? Carisio ? I’m back in the UK now mate, but without any work this year, you can call me anytime though preferably in the evening. Good to hear from you.
Cheers, Archie.

CRACK ON TO MACON:

Ronnie hunt what a character met him shortly after starting to do italy regular taught me how to do the job properly glad he’s doing well for himself bet many a tale could be told of mr hunt lol.

Just a few Steve lmao :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

He drinks in my local right nice fella.

Bobby its an open invite better Christmas or Easter, just tell Ronnie to leave the leather jacket behind. he wont need it

A couple of Ronnie’s motor’s with John (Woodentop) Birchall posing alongside his Scania.

see these guys felixstowe a lot !!! do look well a credit to the boss an the drivers !!!

ok guy’s a few more photo’s sent to me by John (Woodentop) Burchell

According to John these pic’s were taken around 1985 (Johns wife Jennifer looking cool)

remember these day’s well

again woodentop the good ole boy

this was taken in the sun garage near the tunnel du chat the guy with John
is the patron can anybody put a name to his face? we can’t remember it.

This is a really naive question guys but what was the name of the Routiers where everyone stopped just off the Autoroute at Macon Nord?

Jazzandy:
This is a really naive question guys but what was the name of the Routiers where everyone stopped just off the Autoroute at Macon Nord?

Just of Macon Nord is the BP truckstop which i am sure your not on about! Are you thinking of the Bakehouse!!

Bake house rings a big bell. There were two Routiers on the right and the Brits used to use the first one I think. As I’m going back to the early seventies my memory is somewhat blurred!

I’m planning to go down that way on a recce in early September but the last time I was in France, about two years ago, I found that half of the old Routiers had closed. very sad!

Jazzandy:
Bake house rings a big bell. There were two Routiers on the right and the Brits used to use the first one I think. As I’m going back to the early seventies my memory is somewhat blurred!

I’m planning to go down that way on a recce in early September but the last time I was in France, about two years ago, I found that half of the old Routiers had closed. very sad!

I think the 2 your thinking of Jazzandy, were at Pont D’ain a couple of klik’s before you turn left to go up Cedon.

Jazzandy:

Tournus? used to run the national from there to Bob.

Dieseldog66:

Jazzandy:

I think the 2 your thinking of Jazzandy, were at Pont D’ain a couple of klik’s before you turn left to go up Cedon.

Hullo Andy or Arfer,
I would say definitely the Bakehouse is the place that you mean, that was the place in those times. The owner M.Raymond was an Anglophile, loved us and was always good company, he was the Mayor of St.Cyr, that was the hamlet where the Bakehouse was. If I see you in September I shall buy you a verre de Rouge, I am off to CZ and H, must have another look in the Hotel Wien, then back through Italy and France.
Cheers, Archie.

Hullo all,
My mrs., has just retuned from a trip to her family in Brasil. She brought me back a little present, some balloons all in the Olympic colours, they looked really good in the box really colourful. I said I think I shall use the Gold one later. She didn’t look too happy at that, I said what,s the long face for ? She said why don’ t you use the Silver and come second for once. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Cheers, Archie.