Crack on to macon the return

Bobby i just read mail from Bob H .I am so sorry . Well just typed a few lines and then hit delate what can i or anyone say that you havent already heard, also please send my regards to Ronnie. Maybe we talk in the new year
Kind Regards my driver my friend
Alan

dusty miller scania remember collecting from yard a few years ago have a few pictures of it somewhere think it went abroad

Don’t know if has been brought up before on this thread but did any body every stop at PHIL’S at brienne on the D795 what was used to cut the corner off Macon.
I seem to think he was an ex owner driver from Birmingham who used to sub for mezzario and sold his truck to buy the routiers with his wife.
A lot of subbies who worked for mezzario used to stop ther for the weekend ether on the way to Italy or on route back to the uk.
I remember stopping there one hot weekend and Phil taken us back up the road to the river at cuisery were we spent the afternoon larking about swimming and fishing.
It would be nice to know what happened to Phil and his family I would say its closed now like many good routiers in France due to most nationals been weight limited.

Yeah I stopped there a few times, not a bad Sunday Dinner, I thought he (Phil) worked on Felgates :question:

Hi i used to stop at phils place on my down to Italy for a meal,sometimes stay over for the weekend if i was doing a trailer change,Yeah was’nt bad,other than his bloddy car park,getting covered in thick mud and needing a tow out.I remember his sister -in -law,Jan i think that was her name she was always there…

dreva:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
In memory of Barbara Cairns and Hillary Hunt who both passed away in September this year :cry: :cry: :cry:

rip :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hullo Bob,
I’m away as usual all Winter and I have just looked on this site again. If I have read this right, please accept my most sincere condolences mate. I know the feeling and I am very sorry. Would you also please give my sincere condolences to Ronnie also.
Archie.

ToothpickJohny,managed to save two of these pics for ya hope that helps Alan. :wink:

Does anyone remember…

A Brit outfit had been impounded for having a huge trailer belly tank of red & was parked in a compound near (■■?) the peage.
So a plan was hatched over a few bottles (each) in the Bakehouse that Saturday night to raid the compond on the Sunday morning and pump all the red into our units to remove the evidence. :laughing:

As far as I can remember there was about 10 of us & it went off without a hitch.

Dodgy Permit:
Does anyone remember…

A Brit outfit had been impounded for having a huge trailer belly tank of red & was parked in a compound near (■■?) the peage.
So a plan was hatched over a few bottles (each) in the Bakehouse that Saturday night to raid the compond on the Sunday morning and pump all the red into our units to remove the evidence. :laughing:

As far as I can remember there was about 10 of us & it went off without a hitch.

Well mate considering every driver on the continent were ex SAS it’s no wonder your mission went well but you could have took the
motor’s as well hahahaha

Thank you Mot the best 2 photos i have , ok almost
So Mr Cains and Mr Hunt when you going to come and visit me. you pay the fair and i,ll meet you and you stay with me va bene

oh dear sorry Moc

Ok Bobby just look the photos again i think Vic was in your same place a few years ago so please ask him to come along. what Bob you never showered over a crapper oh i think you have, but never mind no need to do that in my house and i will cook you the the best pasta outside of Itaila

toothpick johnny:
oh dear sorry Moc

No worrys toothpick johnny,I dont know how that happened :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok Bob last post as i,m lasang but so many Vets here
well thank you i think i know and thanks for the photos

I know what it is i,m so into MOT,s. but i,m sorry and again thanks for the photos of my 3 friends yes 3

Hullo MOC,
ToothpickJohny,managed to save two of these pics for ya hope that helps Alan.

Those two Pictures, in the second one, who is that bloke ? I know the face from a long time ago but just can’t put a name to it. :confused:

Cheers, Archie.

Archie Paice:
Hullo MOC,

Those two Pictures, in the second one, who is that bloke ? I know the face from a long time ago but just can’t put a name to it. :confused:

Cheers, Archie.

Well Archie, Toothpic Johny managed to confuse me even more,and now i cant even tell you who the third person is in the pic, sorry :laughing: :laughing:

MOC:

Archie Paice:
Hullo MOC,

Cheers, Archie.

Well Archie, Toothpic Johny managed to confuse me even more,and now i cant even tell you who the third person is in the pic, sorry :laughing: :laughing:

Hullo MOC,
Thanks mate, it was the bloke in the leather jacket I was meaning. I’m even more confused than you are. :confused: :confused:
Cheers, Archie.

From left to right in the photo is Vic Dillon, Billy Peacock and in the leather jacket is the one and only Ronnie Hunt
hope that has helped you all.

CRACK ON TO MACON:
From left to right in the photo is Vic Dillon, Billy Peacock and in the leather jacket is the one and only Ronnie Hunt
hope that has helped you all.

Hullo Bob,
Thanks a lot mate, I knew that I knew him, just the old memory is a bit wonky now days. Now if he’d had a bit of Plastic poking out of his top pocket, I’de have remembered straight away. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.