Company's that train new drivers

Is there any company’s around that will take people on with no lorry licenses and train you up trough to an artic? Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wren Kitchens do it near me, from porters to drivers, mainly own account companies, you will discover once you have a licence you become ten a penny though! [emoji14]

Where are you based and what age group are you ?

Go and join the army. I wish I’d done my licenses in the army. But I was too busy drinking and trying to fornicate.

Not only will you get the licenses - but if you are smart you can get another trade. So you can come out as both an electrician and a driver. What’s more, you will be paid a reasonable wage to do all that. And have subsidized housing thrown in.

Can’t see us getting involved in wars in the next 4 years so no real down sides.

sammym:
Go and join the army. I wish I’d done my licenses in the army. But I was too busy drinking and trying to fornicate.

Not only will you get the licenses - but if you are smart you can get another trade. So you can come out as both an electrician and a driver. What’s more, you will be paid a reasonable wage to do all that. And have subsidized housing thrown in.

Can’t see us getting involved in wars in the next 4 years so no real down sides.

Im sure you will need to retake army hgv license to get a civilian license both class 1&2.

sammym:

Bit extreme to give up 4 years of your life to get a qualification you could acquire in a month on the outside…

wolves:

sammym:

Im sure you will need to retake army hgv license to get a civilian license both class 1&2.

Incorrect - pass with the forces and that counts for civvy street

You will have to get driver cpc for civvy street to drive commercially

ROG:

wolves:

sammym:

Incorrect - pass with the forces and that counts for civvy street

You will have to get driver cpc for civvy street to drive commercially

The army will do the DCPC too as well as a 5 star hygiene certificate for a roadside cafe if you want one [emoji14]

Actually got my class 1 and 2 through being an army reservist. Wasn’t the reason I joined or something I pushed for but still had it all within 2 years plus adr. Definitely a bit extreme to sign up to 4 years just to get a license in my opinion.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

powdertank:

I live near Grantham Lincolnshire, but I would travel wherever or relocate and I’m 19

sammym:

I don’t think I’d be nearly fit enough to join the army!

I’m not particularly clued up on the specifics but at 19 insurance may be an issue for a lot of companies. I know a lot advertise for 25+ for insurance purposes.

Trust me, regarding fitness, the army reservists will take anyone who’s willing as they’re massively undermanned in most places. I remember being surprised how many “larger” fellas where in there when I was.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I saw a advert outside Turners at Bicker(side of A17) for driving jobs and offering to train people as class 1 drivers if they didn’t have license.

xichrisxi:

sammym:

Bit extreme to give up 4 years of your life to get a qualification you could acquire in a month on the outside…

4 years of potentially being shot or blown up.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:

sammym:

You forgot the fornicating [emoji23]

Why not do it independently and be your own man instead of being tied into a contract you may not like.

We have an interest free credit scheme - with no credit checks. This takes care of £1000 so you have a great start.

There’s no catch. Simply call the office 01623 555661 and get the ball rolling.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Lukeskinner98:

powdertank:

I live near Grantham Lincolnshire, but I would travel wherever or relocate and I’m 19

Langdons (Nagel group) run an apprentice scheme. They’ve a depot in Peterborough.