Does anyone know........

this might be a stupid question :unamused: :unamused: :exclamation: :exclamation: but i am gonna ask it anyway …

does anyone know if there are companys or organisations like ERF that sponsor people to help them obtain their licence’s to become a lorry driver??

if it’s a daftass question feel free to take ya best shot :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could try the Regular Army or TA, :laughing: seriously the TA at Grantham are the logistics bunch and I think the commitment is 2 weeks and 6 weekends a year, but only think about it if you want to do the military thing, the licence is the bonus. :smiley: however 2 of our lads have been trianed there and the first time pass rate is 98%.
You have a class 2 or C or whatever todays definition is,
Some employers will put you through to Class 1, A friend of mine got put through his class 1 by Argos, he’d tried for his class one many years ago when he left the Air Force, but failed about 5 times and gave up, but when he went to work for Argos he told them he had a provisional and they put him through so he could cover when regular drivers went ill, but most of the time he’s in a 7.5 tonne on home deliveries.
and a company near me has been advertising for class 2 driver saying he’ll put them through to class 1 and I believe Hanbury Davies is doing similar.

Keep trying I’m sure you’ll get there. :wink:

thanks muckles…but the company near you is too far away mate…[zb] good you could say :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You should know better than that by now,MargateMafia. :open_mouth: :smiley: Simon

I was using the company as an example, they arn’t a major haulage company just a smallish family outfit, I was wondering if there might be companies in your area offering the same deal. I also believe the agency I work for will put drivers through the test. However with all these thing you will have to agree to stay for a certain period or pay back a certain amount for test and training.

ACC ( Co-op Milk ) were training drivers in this area -

Safeways and Tesco’s do Margate.

My ex gaffer put two of the lads who had been with him for six months on Class 2 through their one’s but they had to sign a contract for 3 years. If they left before the time was up they had to repay the dosh on a sliding scale. He’s a small family firm and a lot of them are desperate for drivers. Might be worth ringin round the 'phone book :wink: .

What job do you do at the moment Margate? The reason i ask is that i was a self employed gardener and although it was ok in the summer months the winter was a killer with only tax credits to live off and with me having a wife and 4 kids it was to much of a struggle, so i went to the local benefits office and after a breif look at my accounts they said i would be slightly better off on jobseekers allowance and i would be able to be put through my LGV test to better my chances of a job…and theyr’e putting me through class 2 and if they think it would improve my chances further they will put me through class 1. This is great news to me as i have always wanted my LGV license but have never been able to afford it.

All the best …SCANTHEMAN

Scan, if you can get cash out of the Jobcentre then you’ll pass your test no probs :laughing: . Seriousley though. Well done.

well done■■? whats that all about lib mate :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Liberace:
but they had to sign a contract for 3 years. If they left before the time was up they had to repay the dosh on a sliding scale.

Those contracts arent worth the paper they are written on those guys could leave any time and not have to pay a penny, it,s classed as tuition which an employee is not expected to pay for.

On another subject but if any of you guys want to do your C.P.C. this is the place to go http://catalogue.learndirect.co.uk/courses/100035RD003/?view=Standard its about £250 but if you recieve any benefits at all including W.F.T.C. you can do it for free.

I had a look and they dont do L.G.V. training which is a shame.

margatemafia:
well done■■? whats that all about lib mate :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

They wouldn’t give me the time of day. I think it deserves a well done.