Coming from America!

animal:

DanMarino:

ROG:
I taught an American some years ago who had all the US truck categories and his position was that in the UK he was treated as a newbie with no more or less than anyone else who had just passed LGV

Thank you for your feedback. So basically I can transfer my CDL over to a UK license? Without the endorsements of course.

Think what Rog is saying is that you will have to do all your licence again in the UK as they are not transferable & you would be like any other new driver so your 25 years experience counts for nothing

That is exactly what I am saying

Most will look at the date of passing on the licence and go by that but with chatting to the right boss at the right time you could find your previous experience will count

DanMarino:
I’ll be in Preston in June. !

Hi Dan. FedEx in Chorley are advertising which is not far from Preston https://fedexeurope.hire.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-91599&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

animal:

DanMarino:

ROG:
I taught an American some years ago who had all the US truck categories and his position was that in the UK he was treated as a newbie with no more or less than anyone else who had just passed LGV

Thank you for your feedback. So basically I can transfer my CDL over to a UK license? Without the endorsements of course.

Think what Rog is saying is that you will have to do all your licence again in the UK as they are not transferable & you would be like any other new driver so your 25 years experience counts for nothing

I really hope that’s not the case! But thanks for your input.

ROG:

animal:

DanMarino:

ROG:

That is exactly what I am saying

Most will look at the date of passing on the licence and go by that but with chatting to the right boss at the right time you could find your previous experience will count

Thanks very much Rog! When I get over there in June I’ll try to find out more. Maybe stop by a few places and see how that go’s.

ZigZag:

DanMarino:
I’ll be in Preston in June. !

Hi Dan. FedEx in Chorley are advertising which is not far from Preston https://fedexeurope.hire.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-91599&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

This will be one place I will check out when I get there. Thanks zigzag!

Hey Dan; Ive been going to NYC for the last few years for leisure,and I only live an hour from Preston. I would swap Manhattan or ANY of the 5 boroughs in a heartbeat for North West England!!

Having said that,i was chatting to a salesman last year in the BMW/MINI dealer on Wall street,and he was going nuts about the immigration problem in NY. He was not happy with Obama lol.

Good luck mate.

eagerbeaver:
Hey Dan; Ive been going to NYC for the last few years for leisure,and I only live an hour from Preston. I would swap Manhattan or ANY of the 5 boroughs in a heartbeat for North West England!!

Having said that,i was chatting to a salesman last year in the BMW/MINI dealer on Wall street,and he was going nuts about the immigration problem in NY. He was not happy with Obama lol.

Good luck mate.

Lol… There is nothing quite like NY! Born and raised in Queens. I’m happy that you come here and enjoy NY, there is so much to see and do. I know the dealer your talking about. Not a big fan of Obama either. I’m hoping if everything works out I’ll be in Preston by next year this time so Happy Days lol. Thanks eagerbeaver

You are welcome chief. Drop me a line next year and I will buy you a pint!

The grass might look greener on the other side, but I would suggest that you come to the UK on vacation first, see if this country is all what you expect it to be…are you sure your ready for the culture shock…

My other halfs cousin lives over the West coast of the USA, he came back to the UK when his marriage split for about 18 months, all he did was ■■■■ and moan about the cost of stuff, food, fuel, properties etc etc… so he was soon on the boat back home…

eagerbeaver:

I most definitely will my friend.

Swampey2418:
The grass might look greener on the other side, but I would suggest that you come to the UK on vacation first, see if this country is all what you expect it to be…are you sure your ready for the culture shock…

My other halfs cousin lives over the West coast of the USA, he came back to the UK when his marriage split for about 18 months, all he did was ■■■■ and moan about the cost of stuff, food, fuel, properties etc etc… so he was soon on the boat back home…

I’m totally ready for the culture shock! The price of stuff in NY is probably worse than The West Coast plus this industry in the U.S. Is really going down hill fast. I just need to find work there, which I’m hoping with my experience won’t be to difficult. I will be visiting in June and I’m extremely excited. Such Rich history in your country. Plus everybody seems so friendly unlike the majority in NY. Lol. Thank you for your input

DanMarino:

eagerbeaver:

I most definitely will my friend.

Look me up as well the next time your in NY

gov.co.uk/driving-nongb-licence

Hope this helps, but from the looks your only going to be able to drive a car in the UK for 12 months only, then you got to start from scratch to get UK licences…i.e driving licence, HGV Class two then one…, sounds pretty crap if you ask me… but then its just the same if we came over to your ne k of the woods… so in short no you could use your licence qualifications. …sorry to be blunt and put a dampener on things

Swampey2418:
http://www.gov.co.uk/driving-nongb-licence

Hope this helps, but from the looks your only going to be able to drive a car in the UK for 12 months only, then you got to start from scratch to get UK licences…i.e driving licence, HGV Class two then one…, sounds pretty crap if you ask me… but then its just the same if we came over to your ne k of the woods… so in short no you could use your licence qualifications. …sorry to be blunt and put a dampener on things

Thank for the info! I kinda had a feeling that’s the way it would be. I know here some companies pay for you to get your license so maybe it would be the same by you.

hi Dan

give huntapak a try. only about 20 mins south of preston and they take on new passes.

Slightly off topic but as someone from Lancashire I have to ask…what has attracted to this part of the country, and Preston in particular?

KarlM:
Slightly off topic but as someone from Lancashire I have to ask…what has attracted to this part of the country, and Preston in particular?

I met someone from there. So that’s why I’m so interested in the going a on there.

Dan. Im thinking of coming back over to Long Island for a few days soon. I will PM you when things are confirmed and you can get me a $1 pizza slice from Manhattan!!

eagerbeaver:
Dan. Im thinking of coming back over to Long Island for a few days soon. I will PM you when things are confirmed and you can get me a $1 pizza slice from Manhattan!!

Sounds like a plan! Definitely let me know

deltawing:
hi Dan

give huntapak a try. only about 20 mins south of preston and they take on new passes.

Thanks deltawing! I will definitely give them a try. Thanks for the info