america

does anybody kniw of any american companys that will help english drivers get a job driving in the us,and help with licence and work permits,your help would be appreciated :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

here you go zippy,here’s the link to trucknet usa,pop your question on there,same as this site to register.

roundtable.truck.net/index.php

hope they can help you out.

or pop your question on this forum

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

cheers kitkat i will try that :smiley: :smiley:

pat might know kit kat or bully mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There has been so many posts on here about this deal. All American companies would love to hire you to work here, but when it comes to all the red tape and the crap from INS, thats where they pull the plug.

The only one that I know that will help is Rising Fenix out of Missouri. I know that Swift and a couple others wanted to hire me, but when they realised how hard it was wanted nothing more to do with it.

The only real easy, or at least less hassle and a bit easier is marrying a US citizen, thats what I did, although it is the trouble and strife, it does get you a work permit and a new life in the States. BUT. It isn’t really greener on the other side, its nice here, but I think along with Cliff, Pat, Bully and the crowd, I think we would all come back at some point and resume driving over there, if the wages got better. We all do have better standards of living now than before, but home is home.

Good Luck trying to get here, but your chances are very limited, unless you have cash, blood relatives or maybe wanna join the US Armed Forces.

Write more, we can try to help

Stuart…
Ex City Trucks driver and lover of all trucks Renault…

I would give advice Zippy, but when I give most people the truth they prefer to ignore me and get ripped off anyway.

Happy 4th of July :laughing:

Zippy,There is a mob that do temp up to 12 months work visa called www.truckersforusa.com ,can’t give you any advice on them as I havn’t dealt with their company-just remember that it is a temporary Visa only no green card etc.And it is an agency,most likely they earn commision on your wages etc so it wont be a high $$ earning gig over in The States.
But I think,as previous posts have pointed out,the chances are next to nil for permanent relocation unless trucking is classified as a proffesional vocation and that wont happen i.e. American,British,Australian etc Governments have truck drivers as unskilled labouring.

thanks everyone, will keep looking, just have to put up with crap wages for a bit longer :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :angry:

Zippy, You may think you have crap pay but believe me you would soon feel otherwise should you ever get a driving job in the USA.
Paid by the mile (most companies don’t pay you to sit waiting to load etc).
One weeks holiday per year (after one whole years service).
I do anything from 450 miles a day to 700. life as a truck driver here ain’t easy.
I only get paid waiting time after the first two hours of earning nothing, most companies pay nothing even if you sit for a day or two. I am lucky, I am home mearly every day and don’t work weekends, my boss would take on any British driver and would no doubt loan you a truck for the test, as he did me, but you need full legal residency first and that is not easy to obtain.
Sorry mate :exclamation:

Thanks for that pat, I suppose its not all bad here, we get paid by the hour so it does not matter if we get held up :slight_smile:

Pat how do i get on drivers forum in america i joined a couple of weeks ago but it says my membership is not active :confused: :confused: :frowning:

Zippy… Pat doesn’t use the US forum. You have reregister with the American site… just as you did here. If you’ve already done that, then try emailing the site admin… or try registering again…

Kate

Thanks for your reply Kate, I have joined the trucknet USA, But cannot log in,I have sent them 2 emails but no reply yet, zippy :confused: :confused: :unamused:

Zippy…
I have gone over to the USA site and set your account to active, you should be able to post over there now :smiley:

cheers rikki, will go on later :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Check if it would be easier to drive for a Canadian haulier. Many of the large carriere in southern Ontario spend most of the time hauling in the US anyways, and since Canada is a commonwealth country it’s much easier to get a work visa there.

Not quite Alex,
I got an emai lyesterday from a friend in the UK who has a Canadian fiance, he has over half a million dollars (can) in assets, but has just been turned down.
For a Canadian driver to cross the border takes about 3 - 4 hours of checks, for a UK citizen driving a Canadian truck is virtually impossible. Before i got my green catd, but had a US visa waiver I made the big mistake of visiting Montreal on one trip here, on re-entry to the US I was detained for hours.

WAs that the Champlain crossing, or the Thousand Islands crossing?

Champlain, they kept me there and wanted to take me to Boston airport for a Virgin flight next day. Luckily the supervisor heard what was going on and intervined telling them that I had not yet broken imigration laws and had 5 days left. I took a flight back to London 4 days later, stayed for about 5 days then flew back and got the waiver renewed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I often used to cross there. I remember one load of gun parts going into Quebec. Thank god I dropped that one at the lot…

BTW, is that awful truckstop still there on the American side? That place was by far the nastiest truckstop I’ve ever seen in my life! And there is such a nice little stop over in Lacolle on the Quebec side, too.