Cliff's former opccupation?

Lindis was arrested for an alleged ‘obstruction of the highway’ and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Station. She spent all of 15 minutes in custody. Sergeant Warby (Suffolk Police) released Lindis without charge saying that she ‘may have obstructed the highway’ (she did not) but that she was ‘not obstructing now’.

taken from www.caab-org.uk (campaign for accountability of american bases)

Have I missed somthing■■?

Thecritic:

cliff, who posts on here, his surname is warby and he comes from bury st.edmunds - just thought it was mildly amusing (mutters under breath: why do i bother?)

jj72:

Thecritic:

cliff, who posts on here, his surname is warby and he comes from bury st.edmunds - just thought it was mildly amusing (mutters under breath: why do i bother?)

Sorry the link is dead!! :open_mouth:
Keep bothering were very interested! :laughing:

yep sorry i didn’t particularly mean to put it in as a link anyway - it should actually be www.caab.org.uk and the article’s headed “spurious arrest at usaf lakenheath” and dated 28 march 2004

Sergeant Warby (Suffolk Police) released Lindis without charge saying that she ‘may have obstructed the highway’ (she did not) but that she was ‘not obstructing now’. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Undercover■■? :question: :question: :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

We await his reply :wink:

Ehh :question: :question: :question: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :frowning:

Cliff must be on a night -out!

Watch out lads- the replies will come to- morrow :laughing:

More private Warby then ! .

it’s all gone quiet over there… i think he may have gone into hiding? :stuck_out_tongue:

Blimey!! I’ve got a load to Bury St Edmunds on Monday morning, I hope it’s safe to go there :open_mouth:

Yer Cheeky Buggers!.. Now I see what happens when my backs turned for a week!
sorry I missed the thread when it was ‘cooking’, but some of us have to work you know, been out since Monday, got back today, and back out again tonight.

I’ll have to do some investigating about this Plod called Warby, ■■■■!, if I don’t watch it, he’ll be giving me a bad reputation and bringing my name into disrepute, bloody hell whatever would all my old mates think if they thought I had a relative that was …Old Bill :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Actually, there IS another Warby in Bury St Eds, he is an older bloke, probably about mid 70’s, so I guess it could be his son, I know the older one cuz I used to pick him up when I was Taxi Driving, and we used to joke about our names. Warby is an unusaul enough name and apparentley all of us are distantly related.

Just for the record, I don’t originate from Bury St Edmunds, it’s just Bury and the surrounding areas were my home for most of my life (Since I was a kid), and therefore I feel that Suffolk is my home more than anywhere else. I’m actually a Hertfordshire boy by birth (Watford/Bushey) thats where my branch of the Warby tribe comes from.

And as a footnote to the above, I will be making some phones calls tomorrow, I’ll get to the bottom of this Plod polishing my bad name! :laughing:

Warby is an unusaul enough name and apparentley all of us are distantly related.

So it’s true what goes on in “the sticks” :open_mouth:

Smartarse!

His name is Frank Warby, he is the son of the other Warby I know in Bury, the older one ( also called Frank) is now a counciler . So that has put that little ‘laugh’ to rest, godforbid that is the last thing I would ever become…Old Bill :open_mouth: