Felixstowe Operation Stack

Hubby just phoned to say he is stuck at Felixstowe where operation Stack is on. He was told there are about 500 trucks waiting to get into the docks.

thats why is locally called operation STUCK. :laughing: :laughing:

Oh the wind and Felixstowe, I remember once someone in Ipswitch left an hair-dryer on and poking out of the window, I was stuck on languard 3 days because of it! :laughing:

they want to put the lorrys on the old A14 road from ipswich soon and turn that road into a truck park for the port…I noticed while travelling past them at 6am this morning that a lot had been there all night with no fresh water or toilets.Cattle are treated better!!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

The new stacking system on the old A45 is absolute t*** in my experience yesterday.
Basically as it stood, if you could read the signs they put up, you followed directions from the sevenhills roundabout to the stacking area which I and many others did, however two of our drivers carried on down and went straight onto the quay (with many others).
What a total farce, and when I questioned a Suffolk Police officer he told me that basically the dock company had stuck two fingers up at them and then proceeded to apologise and tell me I drew the short straw.

NEVER again!!! :smiling_imp:

Well - after Thursday’s fun and games, I will always be “on the way to our yard, Officer, I’m not going on the quay. Honest”

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i reckon we should call Felixstowe stacking ==== Felixestack
and Kent stacking ====================== Dostack or FoDostack
any takers

Just starting back up the road took two years off to watch the kids grow up (shhh been bus driving :blush: ) and this has made my mind up!!
Did five years on containers and seems things haven’t changed one bit :open_mouth:

Windy in my cab too !!

i have been to air shows and other events all over the country and i never take any notice of the suggested route allways arrive ok

hitch:
i reckon we should call Felixstowe stacking ==== Felixestack
and Kent stacking ====================== Dostack or FoDostack
any takers

I have an alternative to Felixestack, but I don’t think the autocensor will let it through :unamused:

:wink:

jayeastanglia:
…I noticed while travelling past them at 6am this morning that a lot had been there all night with no fresh water or toilets.Cattle are treated better!!

Strange that when car drivers are involved in lengthy delays (snow for example) the police manage to get them to a place where they can eat, rest , get warm and have a crap :unamused: but obviously truck drivers dont count as humans and have no human needs :smiling_imp:

dambuster:
Well - after Thursday’s fun and games, I will always be “on the way to our yard, Officer, I’m not going on the quay. Honest”

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’m right behind you :laughing: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Oooo’er Missus :open_mouth:

And are you pleased to see me, or is that a . . . . . . . . (NO !! LEAVE IT !!!)

:wink:

scanialady142:
Hubby just phoned to say he is stuck at Felixstowe where operation Stack is on. He was told there are about 500 trucks waiting to get into the docks.

so what was the outcome.

I joined the que at Levington at 14.45.

Its now 11.15 and i am still to reach the ingate.

Not been offererd any food or drink.

Not even been given any info.

If you are solo, tell them you are going to Norfolk Line for a trailer, you are waved straight thru then, as operation stack doesnt apply to Norfolk Line. Thats why you see the taughtliners and tilts etc sail past.

The wind doesn’t effect Ro-R0 , just the cranes & trannies on boxes.

harry:
wind doesn’t effect trannies on boxes.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

sorry just abit of selective editing. :laughing:

jessicas dad:

harry:
wind doesn’t effect trannies on boxes.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

sorry just abit of selective editing. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: