Class one Training blog test result now included!

Thanks for the confidence there evil, plus can you remove all kerbs please just in case, it would be much appreciated. Thank you guys so nervous right now :confused:

good luck today

ash 001:
Thank you guys so nervous right now :confused:

I can tell by the shaky text :wink: :laughing:

Right guys, Test day is finally here, the nerves have been kicking in since yesterday. As many of you know I was worrying mainly about my reverse and not ■■■■■■■ that up. But here we go, I woke up super early, not in training until 10.30am but I am awake by 8am, my heads spinning, so many things going through my mind. I have to get up and just get ready, I couldn’t just lay in bed, I had to do something to take my mind off things. So I get up and get ready to leave, so before I leave I’ve gone for a ■■■■ three times and gone to “drop the kids off” twice ■■■■ I am nervous.

I arrive at the training centre in plenty of time, I have actually been doubting myself about un-coupling and coupling so I ask to quickly cover that before we leave for a drive. Ollie is taking me for test today, I believe he switched things around just so it was him that took me to test. Un-coupling and coupling complete no problems at all, I was doubting myself for no reason at all, now the reverse is going round and round my head, what if I turn the wrong way ect. ■■■■ my brain is going in to overdrive! So we have time to drive for around an hour before test, Ollie takes me along test routes as per usual, we cover wing mirror alley lastly before getting to the test centre. Why I am driving Ollie is talking to me giving me reassurance and calming my nerves, which he did brilliantly, it helped a lot.

So on to test, funnily enough I have Aaron again as my examiner that puts me at ease straight away, as I have had him before, what a bonus! So paperwork sorted on to the reverse, first off when I reverse I don’t bend the trailer enough so I can only just see b gone, so I bend it some more until I can pass b cone safely. I am being ever so careful here as I don’t want to over bend the trailer and throw it all away, so I bring it back slowly in to the bay, I stop and check how close I have gone back, Perfect! I have completed the reverse without a shunt, hooray! Right next off I drive to the end for the un-coupling and coupling. I am not going to bore you with the details all went ok apart from one of the airlines wouldn’t go on, It took me three attempt the ■■■■■■■■

So show me tell me questions done, now off on the road, by this time I am quite at ease and not actually that nervous! So I head out of the test centre and take a right, I am waiting here for a good 5 minutes for a safe point to pull out. I then head through Botley negotiating the two tight spots, first one a sticking out bit of wall which I meet a lorry the other way so have to stop to give way. The next point the road narrows up a hill and a lorry comes down so I have to stop again, what is this! Next off I just take it nice and slow through Botley coming out the other side, then head towards the M27. Now I do a little bit of independent driving here, following signs for chandlers ford and eventually the M27, when joining the M27 I couldn’t decide if the slip road went in to a lane or you joined the traffic. So I stayed on the slip road until the very end and then got over, this was definitely a minor for awareness and planning here.

I stayed on the motorway for 2 junctions and then left, he pulled me over on the side of the road around 3 to 4 times throughout the test, no problems at all here. I cant quite remember where we went next :neutral_face: but it was tight so I just took my time eased her through, gently does it as they say. By now I can already see the light at the end of the tunnel, I check the time we only have 15 minutes left. Even though I am not from the area I already notice we are heading back in the direction of Botley! So we had back through Botley and end up back at the test centre, the test was around an hours drive on the road, I drive back in to the test centre and pull up on the right hand side. Now results time, " I am glad to tell you that you have passed" That is the exact words every person sat in my position wants to hear! I passed with only one minor fault which is where I said, I actually committed the same fault on my class 2 drive :unamused: . I can not thank the instructors enough at 2 Start LTD great guys, all the hard work has payed off, its been stressful but worth every second!

Well done fella,have a pint on me…you’ll have to pay for it yourself though :smiley:

Well done matey :slight_smile:

Very well done - congratulations. Not my way of training but who cares? It’s worked for you and that’s what matters!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yep …that station hill road outside the test centre can be a real ■■■■■ to get out…seems that most users go well over the 40mph speed limit…and your test sounds very similar to mine, but I do remember I out on the road for well over 1hr 30mins…

but its magic when you hear them words " I’m please to tell you that you’ve passed… you’ll feel like your on cloud 9 for a few days…

Well done mate…

well done :slight_smile:

well done now the real challenge starts when you hit the road on youre own just take youre time and if usure when reversing get out and look this has been my first week out in a artic since passing my test 3 weeks ago on my first day i got sent up though the forest of dean fully loaded with sheet wood. just take youre time and good luck for the future dont be afraid to ask if someone can watch you back reversing it much better than hitting something/someone

good luck
yatsay

Excellent result - very well done! There is some good advice about your first solo run above - take your time, and I still ‘get out and look’ if I’m not sure when reversing so no shame in it at all.
Well done again. Tim

Well done mate, I knew you would cream it! :grimacing:

So now your a class 1 driver, you’ll be looking down on the likes of me! :unamused:
But that will only be a temporary situation I assure you…

But now comes the time for you to put you licences to the test!
And if memory serves me right, you’ll be out on the road without an instructor on Monday doing Class C work! :smiley:
Then the fun really begin! :wink:

And if it’s anything my last week has been, you’re going to have some fun out on the country roads skimming your nearside mirror along the bushes! :laughing:
I’m surprised mine is still attached to the truck! :open_mouth:

Congrats again mate, hope your enjoying a beer!

Nice one pal. You are now welcome at the motorway services, instead of being vilified for stealing a proper truck drivers parking space.

Peter Smythe:
Very well done - congratulations. Not my way of training but who cares? It’s worked for you and that’s what matters!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What do you mean your way of training, is that because I had two instructors?

Also thank you everyone for the congratulations! Thank you for the advise also, I must also say a massive thank you to ROG speaking to you the night before my test helped massively and reassured me, I can not thank you enough. Yes evil Monday is the day! But I think I will be training all day Monday but lets see what happens. P.S class 2 ■■■■■■ :wink: