Cheshire Hauliers

ST.jpg
ST1.jpg
ST2.jpg
ST3.jpg Not my photos please put your name on if they are yours.

ST7.jpg

tastrucker:

pete smith:
Tiny motor compared to the Scania’s with the walking floor’s they run now!

Lovely old picture Pete , maybe that was back in the days when Alan Morris was hauling cement out of Padeswood , thank you Trevor .

Another couple for you Trevor, Cheer’s Pete

Just spent an hour or so trawling through this thread, and thoroughly enjoyed it!! My Dad was an owner driver and used to drive out of Cheshire salt works in Wincham Nr Northwich.

He had a brand new orange Merc 1617 GEK 914V BB Trucking. He then sold it after a couple of years and bought a new X reg Volvo F7 6 wheel curtainsider (white cab with red curtains). He was dead proud because it had ’ the big engine ’ in it. I think it was 240 bhp or something, lol! He used it to work out of a company called 5 star transport in Penketh,Warrington.

After that he bought a new Scania 82m 4 wheeler in 1985. (B147LTJ). That was a white cab with red curtains too. Apparently a firm called Abrams bought it from Haydock commercials when my Dad sold it back to them somewhere around 1991 when he retired.

pete smith:

tastrucker:

pete smith:
Tiny motor compared to the Scania’s with the walking floor’s they run now!

Lovely old picture Pete , maybe that was back in the days when Alan Morris was hauling cement out of Padeswood , thank you Trevor .

Another couple for you Trevor, Cheer’s Pete

Once again lovely old pictures pete thank you very much for putting them up , i think Alan Morris did abit of salt from Sandbach and Middlewich , and the bottom ERF scrap work , Trevor .

pete smith:

Pete
About 10-11 pm and living in Doveridge and on the old A50 I could hear a stroker climbing up Red Hill just over the river Dove Eastwards,better than Eurovision.

Tony

Eurovision? Not much competition there, then! :laughing:

Anyone remember this firm when they had a load of 6 x 2 F10’s :wink:

pete smith:
Anyone remember this firm when they had a load of 6 x 2 F10’s :wink:

Aye, I remember them! They had a SLIGHT run in with the authorities. :wink:

Pete.

I drove his F7 8 wheeler then an FL7, he was a rum owd bugger stan was :smiley:

IMG_0101.PNG

Telekonsteve:
I drove his F7 8 wheeler then an FL7, he was a rum owd bugger stan was :smiley:

Was it the same Fernyhough that had some Scanias on container work, think white cabs with purple wings?
Think he used to get through a bit of silica sand on that grain job as well :wink:

Yep them were his, he kept getting done with them for running on red, he just got to do something and there was no need really. Poor owd buggers dead now rip

Fantastic!! Chamberlains ERF 700 YMB in the picture above was my first long distance lorry in 1969, 2 trips south one week 3 the next.
Pete

petecud:
Fantastic!! Chamberlains ERF 700 YMB in the picture above was my first long distance lorry in 1969, 2 trips south one week 3 the next.
Pete

Well come on Pete what was the spec ? Cheers Bewick.

Anyone got any picks of Fellows who ran some blue 2800 dafs

Bewick:

petecud:
Pete

Hi Dennis , most of these had Gardners in , But some of this model had the Perkins 6354, N/A, In,Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

petecud:
Pete

Hi Dennis , most of these had Gardners in , But some of this model had the Perkins 6354, N/A, In,Regards Larry.

Aye Larry, there was a chap in Milnthorpe who ran a '65 “C” reg 4 wheeler with the next generation cab and it had the Perkins 6:354 engine/2 speed axle with tapered chassis and IIRC it could carry 11 ton 5 cwt payload at 16 ton gvw. I could never understand Operators paying “through the nose” for a premium chassis with a Perkins engine when other alternatives were on the market for less money ! Just my opinion ! Cheers Dennis.