Changing a wheel

Adonis.:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:
Changed a few in my time but would never change one on a hard shoulder and nowadays will only do it if they give you a bonus for doing so. Virginia used to give you €80 I think, dunno if they still do

Quite frankly I wouldn’t want to do it for eighty euros or anything like that figure. Not really something to entice you to volunteer to do surely.

Well some of us can see the logic of gaining €80 for something as simple as changing a wheel. It really isn’t as hard as some of you ladies make out

100 quid at my place, as has been said it’s not bad for less than an hours work.

I work for a firm where we all crack on and work together, an attitude quite a lot on here could learn from.

Can you imagine some of the wimps on here who drive home in tears when they don’t want to do something, having to change a tyre up a mountain in Spain because the only other option is wait the entire night for a fitter. :laughing:

A.

That’s not a bad deal for a hours graft, at my old place we all carried spares, a few 20 ton jacks/windy gun and bars… We pretty much did everything to keep mobile…

People always ask why would you want to do that?? Well we was paid well and treated like humans not just a number!!

I’m contemplating going back matter of fact.

yt03:
People always ask why would you want to do that?? Well we was paid well and treated like humans not just a number!!

Thought you were happy where you are?

My gaff won’t even entertain the idea of a driver doing a wheel change. They have a stringent policy on wheel changes as they lost a wheel about 3000 years ago which is understandable but even still it goes as far as even redoing the work a tyre fitter will do. So ATS or whoever will replace at the roadside, the vehicke will continue but when it gets back to yard the mechanics will take the wheel back off, refit it, torque it, drive it for 50k then torque it again.

Yes it’s daft overkill but hey I’m just a driver (and former tyre fitter) :unamused:

Juddian:

lancpudn:
Speaking of changing a wheel I got a puncture today on my old 1999 Rover, first time in many a year, I already had a slow air leak on one of the rims so I changed them over for my Sunday best set of Rover Serpent alloys. :smiley:

Thats a lovely 75 mate, never owned one and probably won’t cos we have dogs so estates are a must, but i loved the 75’s from the very first one i sat in at Longbridge, just oozed old fashioned gentlemans club essence with piped leather wood and that beautiful dash, course yy dream would be a V8 with correct wheel drive :wink: and i’d have to dig one of me long passed Dad’s pipes out to complete the picture.
You keep it looking pristine its a credit to you.

By the way i do most of my car work and i can change lorry wheels and fit regroove and repair (vulcanised rasped filled patched properly) lorry tyres with the best of them.
Can’t stand all the ■■■■■■■■ of modern transport where bone idle sods can’t do anything bar park their arses on the seat select D and steer…That isn’t bloody lorry driving.

Thank you Juddian & BKing :smiley: The Rover 75 gets a bad press for some reason :unamused: They are a very nice smooth ride and if maintained properly they will serve you well, as you say it’s like a Gentleman’s club with Walnut leather and deep pile carpets, they did an excellent job on these 75’s at Longbridge back in the day, makes you wonder what an up to date Rover would look like if the company was still in business.

lancpudn:

Juddian:
Thats a lovely 75 mate, never owned one and probably won’t cos we have dogs so estates are a must, but i loved the 75’s from the very first one i sat in at Longbridge, just oozed old fashioned gentlemans club essence with piped leather wood and that beautiful dash, course yy dream would be a V8 with correct wheel drive :wink:

Thank you Juddian & BKing :smiley: The Rover 75 gets a bad press for some reason :unamused: They are a very nice smooth ride and if maintained properly they will serve you well

As Juddian said it was the wrong wheel drive forced on them by the silly move to a wrong wheel drive Jap crap platform more than anything which sunk them just as the Acclaim took out Triumph.While BMW made sure it stayed that way for obvious reasons.While only when it was all too late going back to their roots by miraculously and heroically making a decent correct wheel drive V8 again out of the dogs dinner of the 75.Ironically and predictably then often having better residual values than the over rated over priced 4 and 6 cylinder BMW competition.Just as the 3500 P6 had done before. :frowning:

UKtramp:

yt03:

No one is equal, I’m often getting the ■■■■ end of the stick at the mo, while others have the easy life…

The thought of going where i worked before is very appealing, just more of a laid back boss’ and everyone (well soon be 3) pulls their weight…

Not deffinet yet, but he is willing to go buy a wagon and trailer for me’ I’ll keep you posted.

yt03:

UKtramp:

yt03:

No one is equal, I’m often getting the [zb] end of the stick at the mo, while others have the easy life…

The thought of going where i worked before is very appealing, just more of a laid back boss’ and everyone (well soon be 3) pulls their weight…

Not deffinet yet, but he is willing to go buy a wagon and trailer for me’ I’ll keep you posted.

Do what suits you buddy, keep me posted.

lancpudn:

Juddian:

lancpudn:
Speaking of changing a wheel I got a puncture today on my old 1999 Rover, first time in many a year, I already had a slow air leak on one of the rims so I changed them over for my Sunday best set of Rover Serpent alloys. :smiley:

Thats a lovely 75 mate, never owned one and probably won’t cos we have dogs so estates are a must, but i loved the 75’s from the very first one i sat in at Longbridge, just oozed old fashioned gentlemans club essence with piped leather wood and that beautiful dash, course yy dream would be a V8 with correct wheel drive :wink: and i’d have to dig one of me long passed Dad’s pipes out to complete the picture.
You keep it looking pristine its a credit to you.

By the way i do most of my car work and i can change lorry wheels and fit regroove and repair (vulcanised rasped filled patched properly) lorry tyres with the best of them.
Can’t stand all the ■■■■■■■■ of modern transport where bone idle sods can’t do anything bar park their arses on the seat select D and steer…That isn’t bloody lorry driving.

Thank you Juddian & BKing :smiley: The Rover 75 gets a bad press for some reason :unamused: They are a very nice smooth ride and if maintained properly they will serve you well, as you say it’s like a Gentleman’s club with Walnut leather and deep pile carpets, they did an excellent job on these 75’s at Longbridge back in the day, makes you wonder what an up to date Rover would look like if the company was still in business.

That really does look a nice one. very Jag like interior, last of the real Rovers :sunglasses:

Ps- they are still in business, its just that its rebadged chinese ■■■■■ they churn out now…

I used to like the old Rover SD1 3 litre. V8. The 75 do look a nice car, shame Rover went the way it did.