Celtic Speed

Lonewolf Yorks:
I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on the upper reaches of the M6 recently and I’ve lost count of the number of wagons that come sailing by me effortlessly while I’m plodding along at 56mph.

The vast majority are our Scots or Irish brethren…come on lads how do you get away with it? My wagon used to do about 57 until the 2 yearly calibration saw to that :imp: :imp:

Next time your boss orders a new truck get him to place it via a NI dealer.

That way he can tick the “extra” square on options list:
“Must make the boat” button!!![emoji847]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Conor:

Lonewolf Yorks:
The vast majority are our Scots or Irish brethren…come on lads how do you get away with it?

VOSA can’t pull them in fast enough to get them all is basically what it boils down to. You can tell the ones who’ve been done in the past, you’re usually going past them.

That and the speed limit for a lorry in the UK is 60MPH so really by doing that are they really breaking any UK laws? Personally if I was a Scottish or Northern Ireland haulier and my lorry only ever stayed in the UK I’d not bother with any fiddling software and just get the limiter set to 59/60MPH. One gets a stern look, the other gets you a day in court.

So you would quite happily break the law by running a vehicle, with an illegal limiter, but you kick up about people running with clone number plates, bit hypocritical me thinks, do as I say not as I do.

if your going to clone plates especially on your car,the just make sure its not one your registered to.
that way some other poor sod gets all the tickets.
itl show legal for plod and the anpr cameras,and if you have a smash,then just leg it. thats how the scallys normally do it. :open_mouth:

A mate of mine had a cloned plate on his Gixxer 750, we all went to Brands to watch the WSB at the height of Foggy mania and he parked his bike three bikes away from the bike with the same plate as his! What’s the chances?

IF a truck limiter could be altered so it can achieve 60 mph…what could the authorities actually nick you for, if the national speed limit on a m/way is 60 mph…would it be exceeding the limited speed !! which sounds right in my opinion…but then the majority would be breaking the law…but cant be prosecuted as …the laws state a tachograph cannot be used as evidence in a speeding case…unlike when we`re abroad, even if the speeding was done in another country, we were often still expected to pay a fine.

anytime ive had grief then it just a delayed prohibition and show them after its been fixed.then straight back to the guru and have it put back to boat speed again.
this is always assuming they cant find out where the “must make boat” switch is fitted. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
anytime ive had grief then it just a delayed prohibition and show them after its been fixed.then straight back to the guru and have it put back to boat speed again.
this is always assuming they cant find out where the “must make boat” switch is fitted. :slight_smile:

:laughing: ‘boat speed’…

boat speed always has many options depending on the impending scenario.

1 will i make it if i can just get past this herbert fleet spec plobber flat lit at 56?
2 ive still 250 miles to drive and roughly 3 mins leeway before the ramp goes up all going well.
3 does missing it mean il be up all night ?
4 am i running with any other hooligans to be shaking the bushes for me ?
5 ive plenty of time to be making it,but i cant be assed tryng to sit at 50 on the 75 as it leads to boredom distraction and carnage.
6 were all sitting above 60 anyway,but a push on would give me time to relax closter to the port.
7 we just got told both the big cars are accounted for elsewhere on the 75 so its take no prisoners time now just for the sake of the craic. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

1 will i make it if i can just get past this herbert fleet spec plobber flat lit at 56?
2 ive still 250 miles to drive and roughly 3 mins leeway before the ramp goes up all going well.
5 ive plenty of time to be making it,but i cant be assed tryng to sit at 50 on the 75 as it leads to boredom distraction and carnage.
6 were all sitting above 60 anyway,but a push on would give me time to relax closter to the port.
7 we just got told both the big cars are accounted for elsewhere on the 75 so its take no prisoners time now just for the sake of the craic. :slight_smile:

The 30+ artics bombing down the 75 off the 2330/2400 boats (nose to tail) must scare the complete DUNG outta the unwary though!!![emoji3][emoji16][emoji2][emoji41][emoji847]

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

The 30+ artics bombing down the 75 off the 2330/2400 boats (nose to tail) must scare the complete DUNG outta the unwary though!!![emoji3][emoji16][emoji2][emoji41][emoji847]

Best be careful for the next few weeks. Local paper has had a couple of front page headlines with car drivers alleging they “missed death by inches” because of boat traffic convoys carrying out “suicidal” overtaking ( oh the drama, we don’t have a lot of news round here hence the headline lol) so obviously the 5-0 will need to be seen doing something

GOG47:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Best be careful for the next few weeks. Local paper has had a couple of front page headlines with car drivers alleging they “missed death by inches” because of boat traffic convoys carrying out “suicidal” overtaking ( oh the drama, we don’t have a lot of news round here hence the headline lol) so obviously the 5-0 will need to be seen doing something

Came off 0400P&O this morn and down 75@ 6am steady rate of knots,
Very quiet had road to myself!!![emoji848]

they were probably sitting in stranraer processing all the tickets they issued from the mafia kamikaze division off of the midnight. :wink:

GOG47:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well the fun usually starts when your all running flat out with the front runner on the cb telling you when the road is clear ahead or not.
if its clear,then its deemed quite acceptable to just go for it irrespective of what you can see round the blind bend ahead or otherwise.
if your in the rocking chair and decide to stay put,then it tends to lead to a degree of frustration to those behind you.
if they happen to be members of the donegal mafia then they will just decide to overtake you as well as what may be in front of you on the 1st dudes sayso.
best to just crack on and hope the dude shaking the bushes isnt being a bit optimistic in calling the shots for overtaking distances.
these distances are assumed to be taken at speeds in excess of 60 though.
its a practiced art after you get used to it.
its not hard to expect d^g finest car drivers to have no concept of whats happening as they are being overtaken though it just somewhat adds to the fun .
if you keep switched on then you can make sandbach easily in your 4/30…possibly knutsford if your clean lit.
keel isnt totally unheard of,but usually only off the midnight,and only if your wired to the moon in take no prisoners mode. …if you only make lymm,then your a ■■■■■ and not trying. :smiley:

dieseldog999:

GOG47:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well the fun usually starts when your all running flat out with the front runner on the cb telling you when the road is clear ahead or not.
if its clear,then its deemed quite acceptable to just go for it irrespective of what you can see round the blind bend ahead or otherwise.
if your in the rocking chair and decide to stay put,then it tends to lead to a degree of frustration to those behind you.
if they happen to be members of the donegal mafia then they will just decide to overtake you as well as what may be in front of you on the 1st dudes sayso.
best to just crack on and hope the dude shaking the bushes isnt being a bit optimistic in calling the shots for overtaking distances.
these distances are assumed to be taken at speeds in excess of 60 though.
its a practiced art after you get used to it.
its not hard to expect d^g finest car drivers to have no concept of whats happening as they are being overtaken though it just somewhat adds to the fun .
if you keep switched on then you can make sandbach easily in your 4/30…possibly knutsford if your clean lit.
keel isnt totally unheard of,but usually only off the midnight,and only if your wired to the moon in take no prisoners mode. …if you only make lymm,then your a ■■■■■ and not trying. :smiley:

[emoji23]

amusing or otherwise,would that not me a normal shift for your average tang on the 75?
im actually surprised that theres not been meetings in the boats truckie lounge to boycott the new bypass and have everyone still flying through dunragit just for the craic.
theres no gamble in it now,and never a thing to wonder about if the next load on the flatbed in front of you will make it or not.
there was always a degree of anticipation sitting at the back of someone and thinking to yourself…surely not…no way…not a chance…the sensors must not be working,…i wonder if he knows or just dont care as he is going nto it flat lit…,and jesus !!! ,that was a belter.,he has wrecked the lot…he is obviously not worried cos he is still in front of me at cairnryan,i wonder if he will get on the ferry before the cops show up. :smiley:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g … t-42772343

Could be a hell of a drag race!!

itl never happen unless they strike oil in bundoran or ballymena… :slight_smile:

Ahh DD999 …the joys o coming up to the bridge in creetown before the bypass
from the concrete works and traffic is coming round the corner at the hall in “make the boat mode” and you have a pack behind you, a split second to make your move.lol

JIMBO47:
Ahh DD999 …the joys o coming up to the bridge in creetown from the concrete works and traffic is coming round the corner at the hall in “make the boat mode” and you have a pack behind you, a split second to make your move.lol

doomed if you do or dont i would imagine in that scenario…
considering the ones in “must make boat” mode are the ones that just came off it… :slight_smile: