Card in or out overnight?

nomiS36:

the maoster:

Rowley010:

AndrewG:
Out. Then if i do have to move its no issue…

How is it no issue if your card is out and you have to move? You saying you’d move for someone without the card in?

99% of the time my card stays in all week, always doing the wart country, end country thing, but occasionally I’ll park in a less than ideal spot on an industrial estate where I can’t afford to leave the card in whilst I wait for parked cars to move. In that situation I’ll book off, remove the card and once the cars have shifted I’ll move the twenty or thirty feet necessary to be properly and considerately parked.

You just said that on a public forum [emoji23]

Yeah, shocking isn’t it?

I’m sure the police will be frantically searching their records as we speak for a Mr maoster, the. I’m sure once they find him he’ll be facing the firing squad at sunrise.

:unamused:

A.

Rowley010:

AndrewG:

How is it no issue if your card is out and you have to move? You saying you’d move for someone without the card in?

Yes, no problem if i had to. Our yards consist of a general freight yard and a grading site/warehouse for aggregate both on the same Gualdahorce ind est. I dont know any of our drivers who have a card in between the two especially loading outbound. Its hardly enough to worry about…

From memory daily rest needed to be recorded either by the tacho if available or manual entry if you need to leave the vehicle to go home etc.The idea of not recording daily rest sort of defeats the object of tachos.I can remember the issue of changing paper charts in time to stop it recording over 24 hours with it left in to record during nights out.Which probably isn’t an issue in the case of digi tacho cards.

AndrewG:

Rowley010:

AndrewG:

Yes, no problem if i had to.

To be fair either way it could get messy if they want to make a meal of an inconsistency between what’s been recorded v reality.Especially if digi tachos can record vehicle movement without a card in ? and you’re faced with the question why did you remove the card if on daily rest with the vehicle and how and why did the vehicle move and who moved it if you’ve booked rest as a manual entry.

polytrotter:

AndrewG:

^^this [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You’re parked up asleep on a night out, why would you want to move■■?

pierrot 14:

polytrotter:

AndrewG:

I wouldnt move if asleep, i’d move if i had to maybe make a bit of extra space for someone/ move into a better spot if i hadnt been parked up long…

AndrewG:

pierrot 14:

polytrotter:

AndrewG:

I wouldnt move if asleep, i’d move if i had to maybe make a bit of extra space for someone/ move into a better spot if i hadnt been parked up long…

Andrew, you press card out, do your end country etc;, printout if you want to check on something and the card pops out… then half hour later move the truck, to help someone, move to a better spot, “your words”, the next day you get stopped by the Gendarmes, or DVSA if in England, they WILL do a download of the truck records and download of your card too. Then they say " why has this truck moved between you taking your card out and you putting it back in after your break without record on your card? Gone are the days of frizbee throwing tacho discs.

I take mine out and then go home.

Looking at all the different replies above and the different opinions, I have to ask you Toonsey, is this for an overnight, you asleep in the cab or just at the end of the day before you go home, I was under the impression that you meant on an overnight.

pierrot 14:
Looking at all the different replies above and the different opinions, I have to ask you Toonsey, is this for an overnight, you asleep in the cab or just at the end of the day before you go home, I was under the impression that you meant on an overnight.

Night out as in kip in the cab night out. If I’m home for the night my card comes with me.

toonsy:

pierrot 14:

Night out as in kip in the cab night out. If I’m home for the night my card comes with me.

Bear in mind that you ‘could’ possibly be asked the question why was a chart/card removed from a tacho in a vehicle which you were staying in over night and you’ll need a good answer at that point.

As for a truck being moved in that situation without the chart/card in it.That opens a whole new can of worms especially if the chart has any entry made on it showing anything other than driving at that point. :bulb:

Andrew, you press card out, do your end country etc;, printout if you want to check on something and the card pops out… then half hour later move the truck, to help someone, move to a better spot, “your words”, the next day you get stopped by the Gendarmes, or DVSA if in England, they WILL do a download of the truck records and download of your card too. Then they say " why has this truck moved between you taking your card out and you putting it back in after your break without record on your card? Gone are the days of frizbee throwing tacho discs.

You are correct, they download the truck.

You missed out the part where you take a printout of the vehicle and write on the back of it why you moved.

Getting out the way or moving 2 minutes to park somewhere better is quite a while away from launching cards, stop being fanatical.

A.

I was told to leave mine in if you are tramping,ie sleeping in the ■■■■■■■ thing. …that’s all well and good if not driving a Renault premium. …you only have to flick the ignition on to do something,then the bloody tacho goes on to work…no I’m not working I just wanted to do the window up

our DVsa compliance officer told me my card was to go in on a mom- and not come out until I’d finished the week , even to the extent of , if you go back to the yard in week the card is to stay in the truck , truck must not be touched , take keys home to make sure they don’t use it .
one of t.0 chaps wasnt happy as he wanted to use it , but after a chat with c/o he said truck won’t be used , never has done in week .
I think the idea is when it’s in your not tempted to move it , suits me as I don’t want another £700 fine

snapper711:
I was told to leave mine in if you are tramping,ie sleeping in the [zb] thing. …that’s all well and good if not driving a Renault premium. …you only have to flick the ignition on to do something,then the bloody tacho goes on to work…no I’m not working I just wanted to do the window up

A tachograph centre can reprogram it to stop that!

Christ! 2pages to discuss this! Some life’s need to be got out there

nomiS36:
You just said that on a public forum [emoji23]

It actually saddens me that you live in such fear of “them” that you felt the need to write that.

snapper711:
I was told to leave mine in if you are tramping,ie sleeping in the [zb] thing. …that’s all well and good if not driving a Renault premium. …you only have to flick the ignition on to do something,then the bloody tacho goes on to work…no I’m not working I just wanted to do the window up

When you switch on the ignition the activity symbol on the tachograph screen will flash for five seconds, if you change the activity back to rest while the symbol is flashing the break/rest period will not be interrupted.

Try it when you have a break and some time to spare.

Alternatively, as has been said the tachograph can be reprogrammed at a tachograph centre, in fact I think I read somewhere that the default (ignition off) mode on some of the newer tachographs can be changed with the company card.

Carryfast:

toonsy:

pierrot 14:

Bear in mind that you ‘could’ possibly be asked the question why was a chart/card removed from a tacho in a vehicle which you were staying in over night and you’ll need a good answer at that point.

Perhaps you could post a link to where the regulations say it’s not legal to remove the driver card at the end of the daily working period.

in out in out you shake it all about