In out or shake it all about?

recently i’ve been forgetting to complete the card removal proccess straight away meaning i’ve shown to go over my 13/15 spread. whats best, take the card out every night or leave it on break?

I take mine out every night and leave it in the slot hanging out. However it caused a problem when my unit was taken out unexpectedly and the agency lad took it with him :unamused: Caused a right load of ■■■■ with the gaffa who wasnt happy when I refused to go out in a different unit without my digi card :laughing:

Unless you are on a night out then I would remove it.
If on a night out and it helps you to remember to do the end of shift inputs then remove it.

There have been several threads about drivers who got into trouble by leaving the card in overnight. The card is YOUR responsibility and if you can’t work because some other driver took your truck with your card then your boss could send you home without pay for the day.

I always take mine out and stick it in my bag so i wont forget it the next morning. When on a night out I take it out and stick it on the instument panel so it doesn’t get lost in the cab (once bitten…).

Hi Dave,
Best thing to do is put a large “post-it” on your dashboard with something like “card” or “mode” on it, or you could be brutal and put “numpty” on it :laughing: only joking matey!

Don’t do what I did in August, park the truck up, skipped off home looking forward to 2 weeks hols in France, lying in bed all excited thinking about the 4S’s when it dawned on me I had left my card in the truck. So had to hop in the car go back to the yard and collect the ruddy thing, not a clever camper when I had an early ferry to catch. :blush:

It’s your card and it does make the cash card work :confused:

When i am away working which can be upto 2 weeks at a time i leave my digi card in !!

Griff82:
When i am away working which can be upto 2 weeks at a time i leave my digi card in !!

Which is O.K. if nobody else is using your truck :slight_smile:

Mr B:
recently i’ve been forgetting to complete the card removal proccess straight away meaning i’ve shown to go over my 13/15 spread. whats best, take the card out every night or leave it on break?

Doesn’t matter, personal preference. When I was away from a base, I left the card in the machine just remembering to set the parking place and setting the mode to rest. If I parked in the yard, I set the place name and set rest then ejected the card but left it in the slot. We kept our own keys so it was safe enough.

As long as you are on rest before your 13/15 ends, it doesn’t matter if you remove the card later, the only time I would worry is with those stupid tachos that default to work when you open the window to chuck a teabag out

ROG:
Unless you are on a night out then I would remove it.
If on a night out and it helps you to remember to do the end of shift inputs then remove it.

Perhaps I should’ve said its only when I’m on a night out that I’m asking about. I’d never leave it in when I go home.
I’m trying to decide whether to pull it or leave it on break, both are fully legal.