Card in or out

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but this site is huge and i must be doing something wrong with the search engine because it gives me pages upon pages…

Anyway.

Simple question At the end of the day shift do you leave your card in or take it out. If you are weekended and have the chance to use a friends place do you have to put a card in to show the break, does it mean i have to go to the truck every 24 hours…

New to european work and on a steep learning curve.

Alan.

When I was doing euro work I would take out the card at the end of the shift and put a blank 1 in. I would leave that in overnight to show my rest period. The next day I would then put another card in for that day. The reason I used a separate card is if I started at 0500hrs and park up at 1800hrs I may not start next day until 0700hrs so if I had left the previous days card to show my rest I would either have to change the card at 0500hrs the next day or have a trace over run. The other thing to remember is that if you put a fresh card in when you park up at 1800hrs and use that for the next days work and you are still working after 1800hrs then the trace showing you previous nights rest will have the trace over run.
Weekends I would just leave 1 card in because in my eyes if you changed the card every 24 hrs you are interupting your weekend rest. I did that for 7 years and never had a tacho infringment either in the UK or Euroland.
Hope this helps

Paul