Buses, coaches, & lorries

Liverpool Corporation AEC MkV Regent on route 24 at Stanley Road, Bootle, Liverpool,
on its way to Old Haymarket terminus in the city centre, which is opposite the entrance
to the first Mersey Tunnel. Regards, Ray Smyth.

AEC A288 Stanley Rd.jpg

A mixture from fellow CC sharers.
Oily

Bus eastleighbusman seen 07.12.18 parked on Poundtree rd in Southampton 32348353108_1540479aa5 elbm _k.jpg

Bus eastleighbusman 30159826517_bb91a0053c_elbm k.jpg

Bus eastleighbusman 8333958028_353fbd6202_elbm k.jpg

Bus didbygraham New to Bristol Omnibus in 1981, but originally ordered by Hants & Dorset. 311914537_4daefb935d_gr o.jpg

Bus didbygraham 4871217005_a861987800_gro.jpg

A few more.
Oily

Bus Guy in PD Rob Mitchell 15474437865_f49a733b67_PD RM o.jpg

Bus Geoff  Sheppard Ccc by sa 3.0 Weston-super-Mare_Regent_Street_-Crosville_400(V125LGC)_and_Webberbus_BT63UUS gs.jpg

Bus Ford harrypope cc by nc nd 2.0 JST108P. Ford with Alexander body. B53F. 3707069264_90846875d8_hp o.jpg

Bus Cyprus in PD old-bus-1420649_1280 pd.jpg

Wooliscrofts of Darley Dale (Silver Service) AEC Q Type on Causeway Lane, Matlock. Now in preservation, not my pic.

Pete.

oiltreader:
A few more.
Oily

Ref the Weston Super Mare pic
Webber Bus is no more having gone bust a while back.
Badgerline seems to have made a comeback brandwise in Regent St.

Ribble Leyland PD2 1453 passing through Market Place, Wigan , on route 376,
a 3 hour round trip to and from Southport in the 1960s. Ray Smyth.

windrush:

Wooliscrofts of Darley Dale (Silver Service) AEC Q Type on Causeway Lane, Matlock. Now in preservation, not my pic.

Pete.

the East Lancs Big A Team delivered it from Leyland to Gaydon in 1993. I wanted to go in one of the Atkis, but was outvoted!

ARA 475 by Gardner 8LXB, on Flickr

oiltreader:
A few more.
Oily

Ribble 726 is still with us:

rvpt.co.uk/726-long-cavalier/

710 TCK 710 was based at Carlisle in 1964, I took it to Glasgow on express service a couple of times. I remember the sun beating down overhead through the front glazed panels one of the sunblinds was stuck open… Baseball caps for drivers had not been invented then. Can you imagine the Ribble inspectors reaction if I had worn one Carlisle’s chief inspector’s comments would have been unprintable. 710 ended up with Jones of Aberbeeg.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
710 TCK 710 was based at Carlisle in 1964, I took it to Glasgow on express service a couple of times. I remember the sun beating down overhead through the front glazed panels one of the sunblinds was stuck open… Baseball caps for drivers had not been invented then. Can you imagine the Ribble inspectors reaction if I had worn one Carlisle’s chief inspector’s comments would have been unprintable. 710 ended up with Jones of Aberbeeg.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi Leyland 600. That’s a name from the past, Jones of Aberbeeg. Weren’t their colours cream and blue? I believe they were invited to join the National bus scheme, not sure if they declined or didn’t have 50 buses which was needed! Hills of Tredegar turned it down.

Paul

Australia 1979.

Click on page twice to read.

image.jpg

Fassbender NL

image.jpg

Paul, yes Jones had a smart fleet mostly Leylands in a very nice medium shade of blue and cream which always looked good, they did eventually succumb to a blue version of the NBC corporate livery which did not do anything for the fleet appearances.
Cheers, Leyland 600

This advert from 1966 reminds me of the coach hanging over the cliff at the end of the Italian job film. :smiley:

download/file.php?id=266959&mode=view

RML 2335 shown a few posts ago, will probably interest Trucknet readers. This bus belongs to ThisBus, a ‘partnership’ of names well known to those who listen to the radio while driving.

Ken Bruce, Charles Nove, Alan Deddicoat and Steve Madden are directors of the company.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_V … cinema.jpg

RCS today

image.jpg

Just a little mention, when I used to have my trucks serviced by Les Slater in William Street,LS Commercials Southampton, just a little further down was a unit occupied by Hants & Dorset trim, they used to refurb all the bus seats and coach ones as well and I used them quite often, if you got a cigarette burn in a truck seat they would put a panel in and it looked like it was there from new, also had several tractor seats recovered for reasonable money, don’t know if they are still there, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Just a little mention, when I used to have my trucks serviced by Les Slater in William Street,LS Commercials Southampton, just a little further down was a unit occupied by Hants & Dorset trim, they used to refurb all the bus seats and coach ones as well and I used them quite often, if you got a cigarette burn in a truck seat they would put a panel in and it looked like it was there from new, also had several tractor seats recovered for reasonable money, don’t know if they are still there, cheers Buzzer.

There still in business there in Barton Park Chickenhall lane