Buses, coaches, & lorries

rastone:
A few of Stevensons of Uttoxeter some re Tim Jeffcote

Tony

Some grand old beasts there! Is no.10 a Leyland Lion? Robert

rastone:
Here are a few more photos of Warringtons of Ilam by the courstey of Tim Jeffcote.I will be sending some Pictures of the Famouse Yellow Perils from Uttoxeter with the permission from Tim later.

Tony

They are cracking pics Tony. Coaches had character back then !

Article from 1960.

Click on pages twice to read.

About 1958, Liverpool Corporation started to plan for a large number of buses to replace
some of their older vehicles, some of which dated back to the late 1940s, including Leyland,
AEC, Crossley, Daimler, and Guy. Toward the end of 1959, 3 demonstrators arrived, an AEC
Bridgemaster, another AEC, not sure which model, and a Leyland Atlantean.
No, E1, Reg No. 371 BKA, was a smart looking AEC with highbridge bodywork by Park Royal.
No. E2, Reg No. 372 BKA, was a Leyland Atlantean with MCW bodywork.
N0. E3, Reg No. 116 TMD was an AEC lowheight bus, an on loan demonstrator from AEC Southall
which Liverpool Corporation eventually bought. All 3 buses are now with Merseyside Transport Trust.

Ray Smyth.

116 TMD AEC.jpg

.AEC Regent MkV,Park Royal FH40,32F Double Decker Bus,Chassis No.LD2RA374,Body No.B43178, 371 BKA,Liverpool,August 1959,Liverpool E1.Preserved. Ray Smyth.1#.jpg

More

Tony

T02775 - Copy - Copy.jpg

H02-T01257 - Copy.jpg

this Bristol was waiting its turn at the south shields docks a few years ago now, I hope its still about

And again

Tony

.AEC Renown,Park Royal H38,27F 65-Seat Double Decker Bus,Chassis No.3B3RA251,Body No.B54363, DFC 365D,Oxford,May 1966,Stevenson,No.34.Ex-City Of Oxford,No.365. Tim Jeffcoat. 1#.jpg

I09-T00961.jpg

.Leyland Leopard L1,Weymann B44F Single Decker Bus,Chassis No.600556,Body No.9274, 6307 W,Sheffield,July 1960,Stevenson,No.2,later 2A. Ex-Sheffield Corporation B,No.207. Tim Jeffcoat. 1#.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

rastone:
A few of Stevensons of Uttoxeter some re Tim Jeffcote

Tony

Some grand old beasts there! Is no.10 a Leyland Lion? Robert

It’s a Leyland Tiger Robert

Tony

Malta some years ago. Regards Larry.

hotel magnum:
this Bristol was waiting its turn at the south shields docks a few years ago now, I hope its still about

It’s still resting HM, ( it’s a Leyland) owned by Ken Wilkinson.

Proper buses! Robert

These courtesy of Dave Fawcett.
Oily

Did many a shift on 956.
Oily

In preservation at Bowber Head.
Oily

Deleted.

kevmac47:

hotel magnum:

It’s still resting HM, ( it’s a Leyland) owned by Ken Wilkinson.10

Here it is in happier times, when first converted, and then with its replacement:

Breakdown Veh R1 by Mike Rhodes, on Flickr

Q644 GFV(100/R1) & K288 HNG by Mike Rhodes, on Flickr

And in its original form through the years:

PRN908 Preston 16 by Len Wright, on Flickr

PRN908 by 21c101, on Flickr

Preston PD3 16 by Mike Rhodes, on Flickr

Finally, just to round off, here’s the one it replaced!

Breakdown Veh rescues AN 115 by Mike Rhodes, on Flickr

My favourites, because they seemed so impressive when I was little:

Standerwick Gay Hostess Atlanteans at Victoria Coach Station 1960s by Brian, on Flickr

Ribble 1265 (NRN 614) (later Scout S69) and others by Brian, on Flickr

I made several journeys to and from London with my mother in the mid-60s, when I was aged about 6, to visit my grandfather in hospital in London.

Later, a couple of them appeared on schools duplicates between Preston and Blackburn just before they were sold in 1971/2, so I was able to re-live the experience briefly!

I was born and brought up in Frenchwood (Preston), the home of Ribble, where the primary school playground boundary was the wall of the Central Works, so I was always surrounded by things Ribble. Much more importantly, though, I was born within sight of the Atkinson factory :smiley:

Standerwick Leyland Atlantean No.18 is seen here in the early 1970s. I think it is at
Victoria Coach Station in London. The Leyland is showing the later type of fleetname in
“Lower Case” type of letters. When these coaches were new, they were known as a “Gay Hostess”, :open_mouth:
I wonder what they would be called nowadays ■■ :wink: Regards, Ray. NMP

This Lancashire United Transport Guy Arab is seen here in South Castle Street, Liverpool, in the early 1960s
on the 3 hour round trip 320 route, Wigan to Liverpool and return. The 320 route was a joint service shared
between Ribble, L.U.T., St Helens Corporation, and Wigan Corporation. The green and cream bus on the right
is a Liverpool Corporation AEC Regent III from about 1954. Regards, Ray. NMP