Buses, coaches, & lorries

oiltreader:
Spoiling you pyewacket947v :slight_smile: , what about this one, Daimler Fleetline with Marshall single deck bodywork, bit unusual.
Oily

Thanks Oily, i like being spoilt.
Actually i was quite familiar with those single deck Fleetline,s, As you say,a touch unusual.
They where ordered ,i believe in part, to standardise single and double deckers when it came to parts.
They arrived at Selly Oak depot to replace the Leyland Tigers and 4 Leyland Olympics mainly for use on the 27 route.
A long low bridge carrying the B,ham-Worcester canal and the ex LMS railway from B,ham southwards was situated alongside the famous Cadbury Chocolate factory at Bourneville necessitated the use of single deckers on that route, and still does so to this day.
Apart from the different body manufacturer they where identical to Daimler Fleetline double deckers.
I seem to recall a slight problem with the ceiling over the front platform cracking due to the weight pulling down on the nearside narrow bulkhead.
Other than that i cannot recall any other real problems with them . I always thought that the Fleetline with its Gardener 6LX and fluid drive was a better bus than the Leyland Atlantean.
Incidentally i almost certainly drove that Fleetline in your photo many times.
Cheers Oily

Preserved Ribble Leyland PD3 1775 is seen here on a sunny day in 2008
at The British Commercial Vehicle Museum at Leyland, Lancashire.
Route 113 was Preston to Wigan via Leyland and Eccleston.
Ray Smyth.

A Seddon bus of West Riding, and a Sentinel of Ribble. Ray Smyth.

Here’s another Seddon for you Ray.

And a 59 bus from Oldham in S.E.L.N.E.C. livery.

mushroomman:
Here’s another Seddon for you Ray.

And a 59 bus from Oldham in S.E.L.N.E.C. livery.

Hi Mushroomman, Thank you for the pictures, I think the bus on route 59 is a Daimler. Regards, ray.

A damp drizzly day in Skipton, 2011. A Bristol of West Yorkshire,
and a Leyland of West Riding. Ray Smyth.

I understand that this Leyland PD3 was the very last “Half Cab” bus from Leyland Motors.
It is seen here in “Moomooland” County. :slight_smile: Ray Smyth.

Another rarity, the Thornycroft Daring double decker - which seems to have achieved very limited popularity with SHMD Joint Board and Southampton Corporation.

old-bus-photos.co.uk/?tag=thornycroft-daring

Clipping from 1973.

buses 1973 ford.PNG

Birmingham Corporation again. I’m not clear whether this is accident or bomb blast damage, surely all the windows should be blown in if the latter.

tapatalk.com/groups/nonsequ … d=3051&t=1

I think a glance to its left side could tell us more.

Liverpool Corporation Crossley with Crossley bodywork at the Pier Head terminus in the early 1960s.
The Crossleys entered service about 1948 and 1949, and most, if not all of them were from Garston
depot, and were mainly seen on routes 66, 82, 85, & 87.

Crossley.jpg

cav551:
Birmingham Corporation again. I’m not clear whether this is accident or bomb blast damage, surely all the windows should be blown in if the latter.

tapatalk.com/groups/nonsequ … d=3051&t=1

I,ve seen that before, but i’m buggered if i can remember where.?

Autocares Rodriguez new Setra bus in its first week in service in Mojacar Pueblo, September 2018.
Ray Smyth.

Autocares Rodrigues Mercedes-Benz bus is seen here on the narrow streets of Mojacar Village,
on one of many journeys from Mojacar Playa to the village on “Market Day”. September 2018.
Ray Smyth.

Aerial view of an Autocares Rodriguez Scania bus near the same location as the
Mercedes-Benz bus in the previous picture. Mojacar village, September 2018.
Ray Smyth.

One of 4 coaches from Grupo Chapin arriving in Mojacar on Market Day, Wednesday October 3rd 2018.
Ray Smyth.

I recall reading a post in this thread re a Foden NC bus which West Midlands Transport had.
Can’t find the post……. Here’s the bus:

Manufacture was a joint venture between Foden and Northern Counties Motor Engineering Ltd.
Only 7 were built.

Hi Trooper, Here is a picture of Foden NC, ROC 300R, Its location is Kilshaw Street,
Pemberton, Wigan, which is at the rear of Northern Counties factory on Enfield Street.
This location was regularly used for photographs of new buses, prior to delivery.

Picture 2 is the last of 7 Foden NCs to be built, undergoing the tilt test at the factory.
This Foden NC went to Greater Manchester Transport.
Pictures by Senior Transport Archive.

Ray Smyth.

old 67:

tastrucker:

hayday:
Skipton

Is PJX 35 a Leopard or a Worldmaster ? thank you Trevor

It is a Leopard. Halifax had some Worldmasters starting with fleet No 1.
The one on the right of the picture has been re-numbered after the Corporation fleet was taken over.

Regards. John.

Hello John ,thank for that ,worldmasters were very rare in this country ,Trevor