Buckle Tucker, yay or nay?

Always tuck them in. :grimacing:

philgor:
Depends, is there enough strap to tuck. And how do you tuck it?

You get the good people who just tuck it behind the strap, that’s the way to do it.

Or you get the [zb] [zb] who insist on shoving the end of the strap in to the buckle as far as possible, making adjusting the straps a long tedious process, especially when they do it on the trailers with an adjustable roof…

Those people have a very special place in hell waiting for them…

I take it you pull mega’s as well then.

Always have done since first job I had the boss used to give out warnings if he saw the tell-tale circular marks when they’d been left flapping (Anyone remember Terry Shipman?). Also figured that if ministry (as they were then) had a choice of two trailers to pull they were more likely to pull the one with the straps flapping rather than tucked in as it shows a less careful attitude - just my opinion but seems to have worked over the years.

Adonis.:
Simple question, do you or don’t you?

In your own time, gentlemen.

A.

Simple LOADED question…

But thanks for giving me lots of time, I appreciate that.

I abstained.

Radar19:

philgor:
Depends, is there enough strap to tuck. And how do you tuck it?

You get the good people who just tuck it behind the strap, that’s the way to do it.

Or you get the [zb] [zb] who insist on shoving the end of the strap in to the buckle as far as possible, making adjusting the straps a long tedious process, especially when they do it on the trailers with an adjustable roof…

Those people have a very special place in hell waiting for them…

I take it you pull mega’s as well then.

I just have to repair and look after them unfortunately. I do want to get my class 2 this year at least.

You wouldn’t take your wife or girlfriend out with her baggy curtains or loose straps flapping, would you?
So get 'em tucked in nice and tight.

axletramp:
You wouldn’t take your wife or girlfriend out with her baggy curtains or loose straps flapping, would you?
So get 'em tucked in nice and tight.

Excellent! :laughing: :laughing:

A.